Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's live on EA Access via the Xbox store on Xbox one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
To download. Unlocks at midnight.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The one last thing I want to know is if they've fixed it at least a little in franchise where the cpu teams would make retarded roster moves leaving them with 5 QBs and 2 DTs. Better roster management on the computers part would be a welcome addition.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
10 hour trial for the people that have preordered it is super lame.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

89 posted:

10 hour trial for the people that have preordered it is super lame.

Going by reddit, they basically paid to beta test.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Aug 18, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol, just loving lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/4y9kee/looks_like_you_can_tell_if_your_opponent_is/

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is this where to talk about this year's NY Giants Super Bowl Simulation?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubs, here are the starter golds you can pick when you start MUT the 1st time. They're all 77-78 OVR golds.

Bears. Mcphee/A Jeffrey
Bengals. Aj green/g Atkins
Bills. Gilmore/S Watkins
Broncos. V Miller/ D Thomas
Brown's. Haden/Barnridge
Bucs. Evans/L David
Cards. Fitz/ Pat Pete
Chargers. K Allen/ J Verrett
Chiefs. E Berry/ J Charles
Colts. V Davis/ Luck
Cowboys. S Lee/ Dez
Dolphins. J Landry/ C Wake
Eagles. F Cox/ Z Ertz
Falcons. J Jones/ Trufant
49ers. Bowman/ Hyde
Giants. OBJ/ Vernon
Jags. A Robinson/ Amukamara
Jets. Revis/ B Marshall
Lions. Ansah/ Stafford
Pac. Matthews/ Rodgers
Panthers. Kuechly/ Newton
Pats. Brady/ Collins
Raiders. Mack/ Cooper
Rams. A Donald/ Gurley
Ravens. Flacco/ Suggs
Redskins. D Jackson/ J Norman
Saints. Brees/ C Jordan
Seahawks. Russell/ Sherman
Steelers. Hayward/ A Brown
Texans. D Hopkins/ Watt
Titans. D Murray/ J Casey
Vike's. A Peterson/ A Barr.

I'd get Odell, but I already get MUTrewards odell and he is 85 OVR and you can't use duplicate players in your lineup anymore. Maybe I'll do Revis and Marshal. Even 77 Marshal should be a pretty good run blocker at WR.

Also the UltimateMaster rewards Marcus Allen looks good too:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

jabro posted:

Is this where to talk about this year's NY Giants Super Bowl Simulation?

:zombie:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
I didn't do it! But it's honestly not a terrible thing to fix, so it'll probably happen in an emergency patch or something.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
45-42 draft champs game ayyy lmao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMgReuTroGk

e: Day 1 is going to be LIT

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/reveal/fEOfCD
http://www.muthead.com/17/players/reveal/fiiVDy
http://www.muthead.com/17/players/reveal/fiOfiZ
http://www.muthead.com/17/players/reveal/fOYfFa

e2: WE FIXED NANOS GUYS

https://streamable.com/hfpu?t=5.1

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 19, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Like I said in discord yesterday, I think the "we fixed nanos" thing is more than just "all nanos are now impossible". It's more like they can easily update their nano buster or whatever you want to call it with new rules whenever a new nano is discovered, to neutralize that particular play.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

MUTheads team builder works for M17.

http://www.muthead.com/17/team-builder/661199

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 19, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

BTW, take the Broncos as your starting team, cause that WR is one of the best run blockers in the game and even the shity Von is a decent pass rush guy.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I will. Then I will play one pubbie and quit halfway through after I realize I'm wasting my time

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Where's the xbone guys bitching about there being no xbone league? It's that time of year

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm torn on getting it for PS4 or xbone. The 10% off the game and packs for the year is pretty tempting.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm liking the changes i've heard so far about franchise. a friend of mine has been toying around with it and said that you still have weekly training, but once you get gold on a drill once, you can simulate from then on out and get a gold result, at least in that particular franchise. Which means no more grinding the same drills over and over every week when you're trying to simulate through seasons. And instead of worrying about that tedious training part with the players you want to git good, you just designate 3 players as focus players, and they will get boosts based on the same weekly training that you can simulate once you get gold. so in theory, you could after the first season or two, simulate an entire season fairly quickly with no punishment. which sounds awesome. i definitely want to see training results in action before i buy it though. i want to see your younger players with good potential traits noticeably going up in overall with your 3 focus players going up noticeably more, and a more logical attribute disparity between different players at the same position. that poo poo before with corners maxing out at like 84 overall and other positions with 30+ players above 90 was stupid. the accuracy of game simulation is another thing that's a potential deal breaker i still haven't heard anything about. the better team generally winning, the stats looking realistic, your players overall ratings having an impact on their statistical performance, your scheme having an impact on how your teams stats turn out, etc.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Aug 20, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

jabro posted:

I'm torn on getting it for PS4 or xbone. The 10% off the game and packs for the year is pretty tempting.

Uhm, we play on PS4.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

And I thought I had madden autism

jabro posted:

Are you loving with me??

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

plz don't troll

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Volkerball posted:

i'm liking the changes i've heard so far about franchise. a friend of mine has been toying around with it and said that you still have weekly training, but once you get gold on a drill once, you can simulate from then on out and get a gold result, at least in that particular franchise. Which means no more grinding the same drills over and over every week when you're trying to simulate through seasons. And instead of worrying about that tedious training part with the players you want to git good, you just designate 3 players as focus players, and they will get boosts based on the same weekly training that you can simulate once you get gold. so in theory, you could after the first season or two, simulate an entire season fairly quickly with no punishment. which sounds awesome. i definitely want to see training results in action before i buy it though. i want to see your younger players with good potential traits noticeably going up in overall with your 3 focus players going up noticeably more, and a more logical attribute disparity between different players at the same position. that poo poo before with corners maxing out at like 84 overall and other positions with 30+ players above 90 was stupid. the accuracy of game simulation is another thing that's a potential deal breaker i still haven't heard anything about. the better team generally winning, the stats looking realistic, your players overall ratings having an impact on their statistical performance, your scheme having an impact on how your teams stats turn out, etc.

Ask him to sim a couple seasons in and see if the cpu rosters still make no sense.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Last Madden I got was 15 but I barely touched it since I hate Ultimate Team. I used to love franchise mode back in the day Madden 2002-2008ish. Will I enjoy this?

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Does height and/or weight make any difference in the game engine? If I took J.J. Watt and made him 5' and 115 lbs., would he still play the same as his normal version?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm going to hope yes. Does weight affect strength?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Also @ Dralun, look at SASFL thread. I asked a favor if you'd be willing

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Last Madden I got was 15 but I barely touched it since I hate Ultimate Team. I used to love franchise mode back in the day Madden 2002-2008ish. Will I enjoy this?

I really liked franchise with "create your own team" and using a 32 team fantasy draft.

I made my own team and designed my uniforms and stadium and poo poo. Replaced my created team in for my favorite NFL team, the Eagles, and must have played 4 or 5 seasons before the computer AI just went beserk and started cloning players on me. Randy Moss, Tom Brady and Charles Woodson wound up playing for like 2 or 3 different teams simultaneously.

It was cool though seeing Peyton Manning on the Cowboys, Vick in Seattle, Jerome Bettis in Miami and all the different nutty rosters. Planning for the draft in the offseason and grooming my picks over seasons was fun too. Eventually, though, if I remember right, the salary cap broke the game and I couldn't even field a roster. Other CPU teams couldn't either.

I finally gave up loving with it but I still remember the stalwarts on my roster (Ian Gold, McNabb, Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr, Champ Bailey) and even a few rookies I developed into stars. Sometimes I reminisce thinking that perennial all pro DT "Doyle Lynch" was an actual player.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I really liked franchise with "create your own team" and using a 32 team fantasy draft.

I made my own team and designed my uniforms and stadium and poo poo. Replaced my created team in for my favorite NFL team, the Eagles, and must have played 4 or 5 seasons before the computer AI just went beserk and started cloning players on me. Randy Moss, Tom Brady and Charles Woodson wound up playing for like 2 or 3 different teams simultaneously.

It was cool though seeing Peyton Manning on the Cowboys, Vick in Seattle, Jerome Bettis in Miami and all the different nutty rosters. Planning for the draft in the offseason and grooming my picks over seasons was fun too. Eventually, though, if I remember right, the salary cap broke the game and I couldn't even field a roster. Other CPU teams couldn't either.

I finally gave up loving with it but I still remember the stalwarts on my roster (Ian Gold, McNabb, Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr, Champ Bailey) and even a few rookies I developed into stars. Sometimes I reminisce thinking that perennial all pro DT "Doyle Lynch" was an actual player.

So baby....u coming to sasfl....we got eagles.....

:liara:

JAMES THRASH

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 22, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dralun posted:

Does height and/or weight make any difference in the game engine? If I took J.J. Watt and made him 5' and 115 lbs., would he still play the same as his normal version?

The autists on reddit/muthead/operationsports test this kind of thing every year and the answer is usually "maybe".

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/ea_white/status/767836725506871297

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Man the Madden team must hate the Redskins. Josh Norman getting stiffarmed by Zeke on the back of the cover, defense getting owned in the first loading screen, kicker misses a kick and then gets it blocked in the demo while you wait game.

Dicks

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
trip report - game fuckin owns

I pulled tom brady

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Santheb posted:

Man the Madden team must hate the Redskins. Josh Norman getting stiffarmed by Zeke on the back of the cover, defense getting owned in the first loading screen, kicker misses a kick and then gets it blocked in the demo while you wait game.

Dicks
They don't actually, in fact one of the main gameplay designs is an Ex-Skin and there are a lot of Skins fans on the team at some pretty high levels.

Dubious posted:

trip report - game fuckin owns

I pulled tom brady
:thumbsup:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Game is real good. Went 4-0 1st pubby draft champs run. Some sweet user INTs

REWARD PACK HAD AN ELITE!!!!

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 23, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Good to have confirmation that the dev team is full of terrible people

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BiggerBoat posted:

If they add a mode like what NBA 2K17 is putting in their game, I'd buy that Madden iteration first day. But No Fun League, etc etc.

I still have Madden 11 because I think it's the last time it gave you some sort of customization over the league in Franchise mode.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The game just feels like Madden 16.5 to me. Cleaned up a few mechanics and added the ability to skip presentation stuff during a game.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

89 posted:

the ability to skip presentation stuff during a game.

Good my death by rage stroke will be delayed a few years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I like it. It's an improvement. I'll play a lot of it.

• Locked thread