Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

davecrazy posted:

I like it. It's an improvement. I'll play a lot of it.

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

real_scud posted:

They don't actually, in fact one of the main gameplay designs is an Ex-Skin and there are a lot of Skins fans on the team at some pretty high levels.

Would've never guessed that lol. They don't even give them a chance to play out the rest of the game!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I play almost exclusively offline franchise mode....any legit changes or improvements?

Any idea if the rosters get all hosed up 5 yrs in?

Also do you guys play mostly xbox or ps4?
Im leaning toward grabbing a ps4 but idk...

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Most goons are on PS4 and I'm not sure if anyone has tested out Franchise mode to see how bad things get 5 seasons in. Might have to check operation sports for that.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be doing some franchise simming this afternoon and will trip report

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Dubious posted:

Thanks let us know

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Actually, I've been doing more Franchise mode today and I'm coming around on it.

Even if I am spamming HB Stretch to get Ryan Mathews and Kenjon Barner 200+ yards a game and Green-Beckham's height 200+ yards a game...

I wonder if Ultimate Team challenges have a restart button..

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

89 posted:

I wonder if Ultimate Team challenges have a restart button..

they do

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I preordered the game at GameStop it came with a code for some Ultimate Team packs, which I'll never use since I don't like the mode, so if any one of you want it (I got it on Xbox One, not sure if that affects the code), send me a PM.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Conclusion: game(play) is much more fun, intuitive, and fun to look at. Defense looks sorta realistic and everything feels better in general. The cpu was fun to play.

Outside the gameplay: the GUI is still trash. Everything besides the handful of franchise changes (which aren't that big of a deal for non autists and should have been in older maddens) is still the same old poo poo. Acting like it's MAJOR IMPACT WOWEE ZOWEE is bs marketed to the LCD.

Don't buy this new if you're a menu manager autist. Do buy it new if you're a gameplay autist. If you like playing the nfl football game with goons GO BUY IT NOW

No phil simms, but I've played these turd games so much I can't even hear the commentators

Oberst fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 24, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The CPU likes2pass when simming I see

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Being able to turn off practice squad poaching is dumb. DON'T TOUCH MY 65 OVR DT :qq:

Just, like, give the option to adjust max roster sizes. NAH GOTTA MAKE THE poo poo rear end TUTORIAL AND SPEND $$$ on barely new crappy flashy gui. GIVE US YOUR INFORMATION FOR FREE FAKE CARDS

Oberst fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 24, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I like the game, but im desensitized to the poo poo turd rear end everything that's not the gameplay. Would buy again

Please stop changing the kick meter every year, just loving settle on something.

OH MAN WE DID THINGS THAT NFL2K5 DID BUT WAY WORSE MONEY PLEASE

THE ALL NEW HOLD R2 TO RUN FAST WOW

Oberst fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 24, 2016

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the Gronk intro is so much better than the OBJ from last year

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Malloreon posted:

Source your quotes.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

The objectively best madden intro

https://youtu.be/vtBsgakTq7g

I'm going to show this to my slow fat white diabetic children before they get hit in the head so I can live vicariously

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
As long as we can all agree that Brees and his Messiah complex was the worst one.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Oberst posted:

Outside the gameplay: the GUI is still trash. Everything besides the handful of franchise changes (which aren't that big of a deal for non autists and should have been in older maddens) is still the same old poo poo. Acting like it's MAJOR IMPACT WOWEE ZOWEE is bs marketed to the LCD.
It's not the same old poo poo, while it may kind of seem it to you believe me when I say even on the backend with the logic everything relating to Franchise stuff has been changed/revamped. Not only was the flow updated so you don't have to go in and out of so many loving menus, but the logic behind them were tweaked as well.

Oberst posted:

Please stop changing the kick meter every year, just loving settle on something.
I worked on the kick meter and it was a loving bitch, mostly because the design was in two words, not good, and I had to figure a lot of things out in the initial one and then it got reworked a few times because it was bad. It's decent in the end but I laughed when I realized it's the same 3-click meter that was there a few years ago. They wanted to make it more challenging but I don't think it really is, except for when they had the values wack and basically it went insanely fast even on Pro and anything higher was impossible.

Malloreon posted:

The best intro, which sadly none of you guys saw, was what we effectively called "The Jib-Jab" intro. It was for Sherman 2 years ago and they did a thing that was supposed to use 2d images but made it look like he was animated as he caught a pass or something.

In the end it was loving awful looking but looked EXACTLY like one of those jib-jab videos. It got changed almost immediately but a lot of us on the UI team kept an old shelf of it around so we could boot it up every so often and laugh. Kind of wish I had a video of it now though because of how hilarious it looked.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I like the new kick meter a lot. One of my first h2h games came down to a FG and it was tense as hell since I missed an XP earlier and it felt really satisfying when I made it.

I also don't think it's cheap, you hit your marks you get a good kick.

Then again I use the pitching meter in MLB The Show which is the exact same mechanic, so I may be biased.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 25, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

A lifetime of baseball and golf games make the kick meter easy as hell.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

davecrazy posted:

Then againI use the pitching meter in MLB The Show which is the exact same mechanic, so I may be biased.
The pitching meter in The Show was the direct influence on switching our kick meter.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Trap loving sprung! !!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real talk: i like the new kick meter, but I expect it to be changed again next year

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Hell since next year is a new engine iirc I expect every feature to be stripped out so EA can reintroduce them as ALL NEW FEATURES CHECK OUT THE ALL NEW HIT STICK

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I miss franchise in like 05/06

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Dubious posted:

So what's the verdict on future rosters being dumb as hell?

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
Scouting takes a lot more thought now that the first trait costs 15.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Epi Lepi posted:

So what's the verdict on future rosters being dumb as hell?

i went through one season simming, and im playing through the second every game to see the progression rates. So far playing your games, even if just doing play the moment, is significantly more XP, but nothing gamebreaking so far as upgrade costs for older guys is heavy (as it should be)

There weren't any obvious dumb roster moves after season one, but hopefully tonight ill wrap out the season im playing and then ill sim it 3 more years.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Dubious posted:

i went through one season simming, and im playing through the second every game to see the progression rates. So far playing your games, even if just doing play the moment, is significantly more XP, but nothing gamebreaking so far as upgrade costs for older guys is heavy (as it should be)

There weren't any obvious dumb roster moves after season one, but hopefully tonight ill wrap out the season im playing and then ill sim it 3 more years.

Im really excited to see what happens. Im considering finally moving from ncaa14 and madden25

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I would say the upgrade cost for guys 25 and above is really expensive.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AfterFather posted:

I would say the upgrade cost for guys 25 and above is really expensive.

Good time for the Bears to pick a guy at #9 who will be 24 in September

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Is there a dedicated Madden thread in Games or something or is this it? It's been out 48 hours and I'm curious to read about all the broken poo poo in it and the online fuckery that's already occurring.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
This is it. It's easy to find broken poo poo and there are guys who're dedicated to finding broken poo poo in Madden. Like this loving weirdo:

https://www.youtube.com/user/RyanMoody21

Most of this poo poo is nit-picky as gently caress and he knows why some of these issues were not addressed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BiggerBoat posted:

Is there a dedicated Madden thread in Games or something or is this it? It's been out 48 hours and I'm curious to read about all the broken poo poo in it and the online fuckery that's already occurring.

This is it. All sports games are in here.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dubious posted:

What were your thoughts on the sim results? Anything wacky happening with league leaders, player stats in general, and standings?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Volkerball posted:

What were your thoughts on the sim results? Anything wacky happening with league leaders, player stats in general, and standings?

The CPU throws the ball alot

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

after one season in my sim the Cowboys had a MVP rookie qb with 44TD/4INT

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Paperback Writer posted:

after one season in my sim the Cowboys had a MVP rookie qb with 44TD/4INT

what was his overall rating

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfterFather posted:

The CPU throws the ball alot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lobatos stats don't look too crazy and i would be ok with rodgers putting up those numbers if that's on the very high side for him, and the packers coach has like 80/20 in favor of passing on that slider.

• Locked thread