Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Another year, and no PC. Some day maybe I'll get my wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

zimbomonkey posted:

There's a new nearly impenetrable copy protection that may help that happen

Yeah, that EA uses for all their games already anyway. That amazon listing a few days ago got me really excited too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Well, I've finally caved. I'm getting a ps4 friday and will be getting this when its out.

I'm assuming there's still cool goon leagues to play with? I played in one last time I had a madden game on 360 (Madden 12, I think) and had a lot of fun, even though the Seahawks were bad then and I was even worse so I got rolled a bunch.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Buy me madden instead, I just spent all my money on a ps4 and I'm only sort of a huge piece of poo poo.

For an actual thing, I'm in EU and looking at the threads for the leagues for this last year it looks like it'd be pretty hard for me to get my games in with the times most of them are played, and I don't know what the lag situation is like in a situation like that in madden either. I play with some american buddies in Fifa and it's usually fine, so I'm hoping it'll be fine in madden as well, but the time zone thing seems like it might be a big issue.

You guys have any thoughts on that?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Knivbjorn posted:

I'm in Sweden (GMT+1) and I played in goon leagues for a couple of years. Most games were lag free and a few were pretty bad but I assume that my opponents just had lovely connections for those. That was on 100/100 fiber internet.

Scheduling games was an issue a few times especially when playing someone on the US west coast, but most of the time we were able to work something out. I think I only had to drop one or two games in the 20 or so I played.

Cool, thanks for the info, I'm in Germany, so same time zone. Like I said, I play with US friends in Fifa and lag isn't an issue, so I had hope it would be the same in madden, but nice to get confirmation, and about the scheduling as well.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

davecrazy posted:

Whose still actively playing MUT on ps4?

I just got a used copy for like 20 bucks so I can get used to things, so me.

Also y'all nerds can add me on psn if you want, same name as here.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 10, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dubious posted:

anyone still playing MUT want a few cards? I've given enough of them away to reddit folks

I definitely do, my psn is hopterque.

Also holy poo poo I am really bad at running the ball in this madden, and also basically everything else.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm still playing on the PS3 and slowly getting closer to an (almost) all Vikings team.

So do people still play Madden 08? I just heard about the modding community.

They do on PC, yeah, but it's a pretty small close knit community. And I mean, the game is super ghetto by today's standards, and getting the mods right is a pain, and getting the game to recognize controllers and stuff is also annoying.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I saw that earlier too and laughed.

Sweet, totally excellent, authentic product placement.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I definitely lost the first game I played online last week doing something like that, I had a free pick 6 and was gonna celebrate into the endzone but wasn't used to the controls yet so I hit L2 and Square instead of X by accident and dove down at like the 5 yard line and was downed, and then failed to convert the TD.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

wandler20 posted:

Anyone play Madden Mobile?

I was playing but now bluestacks won't load it sooo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I prefer the single play stuff too when I'm doing a player career mode, because its just really tempting to call plays that involve yourself over and over again otherwise which is dumb and "unrealistic".

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Gimme them Seahawks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/ultimate-team/news/2016/madden-ultimate-team-17-overview from a couple days ago that I didn't see mentioned yet.

Trading still in, challenges made less annoying (they can end when you achieve whatever the objective is instead of always having to play out the game I guess), chemistry reworked.

e: Huh, the new chemistry system shows exactly which attributes its boosting and by how much, that's neat.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

get over it and win more games. if some guy is just trying to 4 verts i can throw sherm in and put him on the TE inside and the let the lb play under for the int. poo poo worked way too much. never underestimate the power of the double man cover w/ the FS/CB shading over to help your CB1 or CB2. Style points aren't gonna make up the difference you get for swapping in the player for the right plays. If you're playing someone smart you can fake them out this way as well. Madden meta game is why I keep buying this loving game. If you guys knew how filthy my i-form plays with a speedback subbed in at fullback, two huge wideouts, and a fast slot receiver subbed in at TE2 you'd play out of position all the time.

Boy sure can't wait to play against this guy in the league.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Like I said in discord yesterday, I think the "we fixed nanos" thing is more than just "all nanos are now impossible". It's more like they can easily update their nano buster or whatever you want to call it with new rules whenever a new nano is discovered, to neutralize that particular play.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's ok he's already used to a wasteland of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

jabro posted:

I had to reset one of the Puzzle Challenges over 10 times. At least 7 of those was from first play fumbles.

Yeah the game cheats loving hard on all-madden this year, imo a lot worse than last year.

That one took me like 25 tries or so, and the first all madden challenge of the ultimate season challenges took me 10 or 15. Fumbles and dropped passes galore, and an offensive line that last for about half a second to a 4man rush.

• Locked thread