Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Actually I don't mind the system for signing players because the solution is trivial. You just have to save scum. It's development that drove me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You know that awful animation you get when the receiver isn't looking and the ball warps into his hands without him moving?

That just happened in the CFL, live.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Madden 11 owned.

Yup. Keylo Knowles. Ramey Marales, Chicago Robinson. Either you're neck deep in nostalgia right now or get the gently caress out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Db assignments are the #1 thing I want.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

real_scud posted:

Like a good friend of mine is putting the finishing touches on something people have been yelling about for years. Hell, I was the one who was supposed to do it but because I'm leaving tomorrow it got passed to him. It's come along nicely and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be over the goddamned moon about it. :ninja:

Was this ever announced?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys! Guys! I came as soon as I heard!

:siren: :siren: :siren: Microsoft Surface Tablets are on the sidelines! :siren: :siren: :siren:

Huge ramifications to this.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We can only pray the Old Spice (tm) swagger stat makes its glorious return.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm taking this as a promise.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As long as we can all agree that Brees and his Messiah complex was the worst one.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm weak. Just bought a copy used. Only $56! :downs:

Edit: The intro game casually shows the Bengals losing a wildcard game in the ticker. :smithicide:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 27, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

let me know what you think of franchise. if it's good i'll get it for $53.

Will do. You can edit ages now in Madden franchise mode... So tempted to live my dream of having Whitworth stay 23 forever. :allears:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any sliders for passing? Seeing the same issue where 4th string QBs in the preseason are laser accurate for user and CPU.

Oberst posted:

I'm glad that kid died

Buddy you don't need to misquote me to find dumb things I've said. 8.33 posts per day since March of 2007.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

all apologies posted:

Havent played in the last few years. Prolly since '15....Any big leaps or bounds theyve made where I should go grab this? (XB1)

I hated last year's version but many of the biggest issues have been addressed. Offline franchise is seemingly well done.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or do offensive practices dial down catching in traffic stats a ton? That cover 6 attack drill is hair tearing.

One drop costs you the gold so basically your receiver has to be wide open, past the first down.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Papes posted:

I think it's just your WRs. I routinely get away with aggressive catches in traffic doing the drills.

AJ Green and Tyler Eifert?

I just had my first draft and got a wr in the second who's 6.5, 96 speed and 92 jumping. Good catching ratings. Bad awareness and rr dropped him to 76 overall, but all the stats that cost points are high. He even comes stock with that stupid blond hair out the helmet that looks like yarn. :getin:

Does anyone know how you can take udfas to fill out the preseason roster? Is it just FA in preseason week one? The list seems really picked over.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had to say they've definitely fixed the draft classes and the experience gains in connected franchise. There are certain teams that hoard draft picks and certain teams that trade away all of theirs, and some of the roster decisions are a little weird, but overall I would say that the mode has made a huge Improvement.

In my franchise the Colts had literally one draft pick in 2 years and traded away all the others. Meanwhile despite having a pretty stacked roster the Jaguars drafted literally 19 players in the last draft. I think they ended up cutting a ton of them. That's just a bit screwy though, not game breaking.

Good job y'all. Only thing I really miss is assigning coverage. Game mode is much better than the last couple iterations.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 11, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the Bears in my franchise took a stud QB in the first. He was the best QB in the class, mobile, strong arm, all his weak stats were low cost to upgrade. I want to see what he can do but they also signed Drew Brees in Free agency. I'm not likely to play many more years this edition and you can't adjust CPU depth charts.

... So I did the rational thing and set Drew's Injury to 1 and speed/elusiveness to 1. :downs:

Very next game he had a season-ender. I didn't enter this Millennium thinking I was going to end up Tonya Hardinging a virtual Drew Brees.

The new kid is apparently a Favre wannabe, he leads the league in TDs and INTs.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 15, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a lot more sympathy for lovely madden animations after seeing my old high school win their third ever State championship (established 1831) as a direct result of the other QB getting hit by the turf monster with no one around him or between him and the end zone.

If that would have happened in Madden I would have called bullshit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In madden 11 you could count on at least one WR slipping on every play in rain. DBs never did. I remember multiple times where every single receiver fell - with the exact same animation - in the same play and at the same time. It was the worst/best.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
His stats are disrespectful. I didn't get into Mut this year but sub 95 route running?

His whole thing was that he was a beautiful route runner. Still never seen anything like how he could cut.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a shoo-in for strangest Madden glitch of all time.

I have video of Alex Mack the center running for a 7-yard gain and then falling over. It held up no flag.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Game of the year.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah as long as speed man/zone and press are where you want and not a liability.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Another thing: it's worth making sure your fourth corner on the depth chart is one of the faster and higher acceleration players because they're the guys who are assigned to block kicks and punts. I actually have my nickel 4th on the chart during games and in his position with coach menu formation subs.

I make sure all of my backups are in the right spot on special teams and it's good for a couple of turnovers every few games.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It seems to be more of a "CPU wants to gently caress you" thing than skill. Some times your punter/kicker takes a quick break in the process and the CPU gets to it. I've never seen a successful block without that infuriating little stutter.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The default setting is brutal during simmed plays. I'd turn it down 8 or 10.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This was the best CFA of madden in 5 years and only has a couple of issues:

Coverage is frustrating and seems artificially loose on cpu drives.

Skill floors are frustratingly high even when you work on sliders and playing Aaron Rodgers doesn't feel very different than Tom Savage. You can put a punter at guard and survive.

Man assignments are still missed.

Block in the back is stupidly common.

Everything else is really solid. Much better than last year, which was gross.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

The penalties are straight broken. I'll have a huge reception to a tight end then out of nowhere... randomly that very tight end gets called for block in the back as he's getting tackled. Suddenly I'm backing up 14 yards because the spot of the foul is called back when he first got touched.

It's just broken. This happens several times every so often.

I put defensive holding at 20, bitb at 0 and holding at 30. Others remain set at 50.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They did that in july if memory serves.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Madden 18 will have coverage assignments.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's the latter because I will feel really dumb buying the first version on a new engine.

They are. ALWAYS. poo poo.

But coverage assignments are the biggest missing feature in Madden.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Off tackle, trap both work. It sucks having like 4 run plays that work but they do work. It also helps to not touch turbo until you're in the gap. Blockers get offended when you hit turbo still, will happily disengage block and let you get murdered.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If that replaced franchise mode they'd cut their purchases in half. They aren't that dumb.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The last edition of Franchise is the best they've put out in years. Still has some issues with player development (example: corners still lag in skill points if they aren't int machines), cpu teams being really stupid about drafting the same position over and over, and "gently caress you" moments from the cpu, but overall it's prob the best since 25 or 11.

I like to run the games in slow speed sim mode and do something else while keeping an eye on the game.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Can you source that or are you just assuming? In the second video I posted above at the 11:45 mark Rex goes into some detail on what they're doing with CFM.

Resources are, by definition, a zero sum.

If they paid everyone collectively who made that feature 1$ that still is 1$ not spent on other features.

If you aren't interested in David Cage Does Football it's absolutely a valid gripe.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Madden 18 will be poo poo because it's a new engine. It won't be poo poo because of Indigo Prophesy mode.

That said, no one is exactly shining in this debate.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's some new gameplay floating around YouTube and functionally it looks exactly the same.

The biggest difference I could see with some sort of graphic underneath the player you were controlling.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone who buys Madden the year a new engine or console generation is released is a sucker.

I'm sure I'll have bought a used copy by September.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Contributing to the NFL I see

Generally it's kinda lovely to buy used games since Gamespot doesn't pay devs. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm on year 9 as well.

• Locked thread