Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I play almost exclusively offline franchise mode....any legit changes or improvements?

Any idea if the rosters get all hosed up 5 yrs in?

Also do you guys play mostly xbox or ps4?
Im leaning toward grabbing a ps4 but idk...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Dubious posted:

I'll be doing some franchise simming this afternoon and will trip report

Thanks let us know

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I miss franchise in like 05/06

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Dubious posted:

i went through one season simming, and im playing through the second every game to see the progression rates. So far playing your games, even if just doing play the moment, is significantly more XP, but nothing gamebreaking so far as upgrade costs for older guys is heavy (as it should be)

There weren't any obvious dumb roster moves after season one, but hopefully tonight ill wrap out the season im playing and then ill sim it 3 more years.

Im really excited to see what happens. Im considering finally moving from ncaa14 and madden25

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You don't play in the nfl apparently at all

Lol

No nfl games in madden

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
No character customization, don't get to choose team, no NFL games and can't pick position in story mode. It's more story than create a player

I'm considering picking up a PS4 as my job has calmed down but I usually only play franchise mode....

I'm also like 12 years in on my madden 25 franchise on 360.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
My post was unclear I didn't mean to suggest it's replacing franchise mode, but more that if there weren't any new features I might just pick up last year's (this current) copy and download updated rosters

Is there anything cool about franchise mode? I'm familiar with the stat and age thing

My ncaa14 is all updated so not having the latest release isn't a big deal for me. Especially since I haven't got a new one since 25 on 360

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/we-go-in-depth-on-madden-18s-wild-new-story-mode-with-creative-lead-mike-young

As EA revealed during their press conference, Madden 18's story mode will in effect be an adventure game: a seamless interactive movie in which you influence your choices through branching dialogue. There will be no NFL games in this mode, but Madden's core mechanics will manifest in other ways, such as through high school football, drills, and quicktime events.

lol no football but quicktime

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The new Madden is going to suck butt hole so when I get a PS4 later this year I'm probably going to sit on it unless you guys are raving about the new engine I'll probably just get the previous (current yr) version

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So I only play career mode, is madden 17 career mode seriously broken in anyway? Cause I'll probably stick to this year's unless the new engine is like super good. My last madden was madden 25 on 360 so it's all new to me.

Also is it possible to play a decent game in Ultimante Team or whatever the card game is If you never ever buy packs or cards? Or are you just hosed at some point if you don't have studs everywhere

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
It's gonna be bad guys

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Papes posted:

Ea still makes an nba game?

They got knocked the gently caress out by 2K. It's trash they literally cancelled it one year

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What sliders you guys use for franchise? Is it just the IS community poo poo

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm gunna get Madden for the frst time since Madden 25 on 360. Is the GOAT edition worth it or no? I haven't ever played that card poo poo so I'm not sure if I should spring for it or not. I imagine I will play that card game probably sine it seems super popular but previously I stuck to offline franchise.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Do you need to spend money on cards? I'm not gunna sperg full goon and min max all my bullshit like...I'll play for fun and maybe buy less than 5 packs. .

Is the discount on the included packs significant?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I usually only play long term offline single player franchises...for instance I'm about 9 years into my current fins franchise in Madden 25 but i thought since goons and everyone plays MUT I would try

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I pre-ordered this for PS4. I would like very much to play with goons in leagues and FUT/MUT (not sure what the difference is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so like do certain cards carry over? like i saw some rookie premier cards and poo poo like that.....can i get 17 and run through challenges or whatever to get better cards for MUT?

also, i got the GOAT edition, what player do you think would be the best? I'm leaning toward CB or MLB....

• Locked thread