Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Tank44 posted:

Any word if Best Buy will be doing the boosted trade in for Madden16 in the weeks before the Madden 17 release? I've done it the past 2 years or so where you get something like $20 for the game and an extra $10 for Madden 17 plus your GCU bonuses. Just havent seen those deals advertised in a while.

I haven't seen anything yet. I have an order in already through Amazon but I've been debating cancelling it to do a trade in with Best Buy or Gamestop or whoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
The one last thing I want to know is if they've fixed it at least a little in franchise where the cpu teams would make retarded roster moves leaving them with 5 QBs and 2 DTs. Better roster management on the computers part would be a welcome addition.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Volkerball posted:

i'm liking the changes i've heard so far about franchise. a friend of mine has been toying around with it and said that you still have weekly training, but once you get gold on a drill once, you can simulate from then on out and get a gold result, at least in that particular franchise. Which means no more grinding the same drills over and over every week when you're trying to simulate through seasons. And instead of worrying about that tedious training part with the players you want to git good, you just designate 3 players as focus players, and they will get boosts based on the same weekly training that you can simulate once you get gold. so in theory, you could after the first season or two, simulate an entire season fairly quickly with no punishment. which sounds awesome. i definitely want to see training results in action before i buy it though. i want to see your younger players with good potential traits noticeably going up in overall with your 3 focus players going up noticeably more, and a more logical attribute disparity between different players at the same position. that poo poo before with corners maxing out at like 84 overall and other positions with 30+ players above 90 was stupid. the accuracy of game simulation is another thing that's a potential deal breaker i still haven't heard anything about. the better team generally winning, the stats looking realistic, your players overall ratings having an impact on their statistical performance, your scheme having an impact on how your teams stats turn out, etc.

Ask him to sim a couple seasons in and see if the cpu rosters still make no sense.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Dubious posted:

I'll be doing some franchise simming this afternoon and will trip report

So what's the verdict on future rosters being dumb as hell?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Question: in Madden 16 I got three or fours years into a franchise as a coach and he CPU decided to renovate my stadium. I play as the bucs so that meant no more pirate ship. Is there anyway to prevent that happening without playing as an owner? I think I turned off relocations but I guess a renovation doesn't count for that.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Have there been any changes to relocation from the last two years?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I think there is actually a bug causing more fumbles that they are planning on patching. I saw something about that on twitter, but can't find the link at the moment.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm in an Online CFM League with some friends on Xbox One. Two of us are playing each other soon, is there a way for anyone else in the league to spectate that game?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
The game froze on me twice today in my CFM causing me to have to replay matches. First it was the final 10 seconds of the game and I was iced when trying to make the winning PAT. The face buttons wouldn't trigger the play call after the time out the. I paused the game and it completely froze.

Second I had just lost my second WR to injury of the game and I went to the depth chart to see exactly who was left and the game froze when I see pulled the trigger to go to WR.

Anyone else have this kind of poo poo happen?

Just let me love you Madden, stop doing this to me!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Oberst posted:

Yes, but this affecting how you feel about madden is lol :bustem:

Man you are the weirdest shitposter.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Does anyone else have automatic game dvr recording on for this game? Does yours also only record plays when you are on offense, leaving out all of your cool pick sixes or kick return TDs, but saving every horrible Int you throw?

Thanks Xbox, I really wanted to rewatch my dumb throws into triple coverage as opposed to the sack fumble td I forced.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
You know how some coaches like to play an extra OLinemen and have them declare themselves an eligible receiver so they can up the pass protection? Is there a way to do something like that in Madden?

Also can you do shenanigans like get a DLinemen added to the FB part of the depth chart without swapping their position in edit player?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I drafted a 79 OVR CB in my franchise's most recent draft and he's got good stats, good speed, good coverage skills, but he's got slow development. Young too at 21.

He's my #3 CB right now. Is it worth it to try to focus on him with training and hopefully buy the normal development trait for him or just accept that he will never really be more than a good number 3?

I hope one of the 4 other people who do CFM is still reading this thread and has an opinion on this.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Word, and nah I'm on Xbox One.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Madden 18 announced, Brady is the cover athlete:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...d/#797ec2bb1690

Let's go Madden Curse!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Not a lot of information yet, but we should get more on June 10th when the EA Play event is.

One thing I noticed on the site: "Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App."

Companion Apps can be mad useful, I hope this one doesn't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Have there been any gameplay videos released yet?

• Locked thread