Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Dubious posted:

two bosses and a GT.

Hahaha I love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I'll play in the league in 17. I was so sad when 16 kept dropping me from literally every mut match :( . My team was actually good. Dubious even gave me a Calvin!! Just praying this game doesn't have the same issue for me. Every other online multiplayer runs smoothly but madden just poo poo the bed on me so I ended up getting a refund from PSN for $60 even though I bought the game 8 months prior. I intend to be the cause of many goon meltdowns in this game.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Lol @ not running two FS instead of FS/SS in madden

put tyrann mathieu at SS or Atwater or literally (any FS that can hit hard as gently caress when you user them)

I end up subbing in a tall cover CB (6'3" Sherm ayyy) at that position 75% of the time anyway

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

davecrazy posted:

I hate playing guys OOP, it triggers my OCD. Also I love to min/max styles. The Chemistry system has me loving EXCITED.

get over it and win more games. if some guy is just trying to 4 verts i can throw sherm in and put him on the TE inside and the let the lb play under for the int. poo poo worked way too much. never underestimate the power of the double man cover w/ the FS/CB shading over to help your CB1 or CB2. Style points aren't gonna make up the difference you get for swapping in the player for the right plays. If you're playing someone smart you can fake them out this way as well. Madden meta game is why I keep buying this loving game. If you guys knew how filthy my i-form plays with a speedback subbed in at fullback, two huge wideouts, and a fast slot receiver subbed in at TE2 you'd play out of position all the time.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 11, 2016

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

hopterque posted:

Boy sure can't wait to play against this guy in the league.

nothing is sacred in pubbie MUT matches

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
are you guys seriously going to get mad at me if i sub in a cb at ss in league play though?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
honestly its the HB @ the FB spot that out runs the MLB if they're in man that's so drat abusable

i used marcell reece though because he's a real boy

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I've noticed myself fumbling a LOT more on all-pro and all madden this year. I know to do posession catches more frequently but in terms of using R1 to protect the ball - how should I be using it most effectively? Do I try and time the R1 brace, do I hold it down, or ??? I'm assuming the game auto braces on pro difficulty.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Am I fumbling more on higher difficulties because I'm not holding R1 or doing possession catches manually enough?

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Yea, I'm getting wrecked by fumbles after the catch and it's getting kinda silly.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

zimbomonkey posted:

I have a question about ratings... do they actually matter? So many times in games it seems like my best players are lower rated than my superstars. I have this one 6'6 WR that's a 73 overall with 91 speed, 68 STR, 72 BPR and mediocre abilities outside of that. Yet he absolutely balls out against everyone. He regularly beats corners deep but more surprisingly he is able to muscle through tackles like they're nothing. Are there factors outside of the stats you see that affect the performance of WRs? Also I wonder if his size and weight modifies his strength. Is a 6'6 240 lb WR with 70 STR stronger than a 5'11 195 lb WR with 70 str?

there are like 10 diff hidden traits like "drops open passes: yes/no"

look up your card on muthead.com and check. people don't check those traits enough.

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/27047-kelvin-benjamin

look at player traits

"high motor" is pretty important for defense imo

chances are your WR has the "fight for extra yards" trait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
the AI is retarded on any difficulty once you've grinded enough MUT solos dear god im having PTSD now

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 17, 2017

• Locked thread