Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Ground floor. Takr my money EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Someone on OS confirmed that OLinemen are still invincible because there are still no off the ball injuries. They can get hurt like last year if they pick up a fumble or something.

:argh:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I intend to have many meltdowns over this game. In fact, I may post about it...on this very forum.... :spooky:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

This Madden is gonna be the same as all the others. Lots of broken poo poo, money plays, tons of online cheese, a few things no one ever asked for, dropping things people liked, retarded AI and a line of people around the block the block to buy it anyway. A glorified roster update.

I hate this loving game and have for some time now even though I love football. It's motto should be "EA Sports: It's in the Game Eventually". The gameplay always deteriorates into something that barely resembles actual loving football. I posted about it in the PYF "Broken Games" thread somewhere around this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773100&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

This game has been broken for over a decade, but why fix anything if people pre-order it like lemmings every year anyhow? A fresh coat of paint on an old jalopy every...mother...loving...year. Can't wait to stand in line. EA doesn't even care and why should they?

The same posters here lining up to buy it will be the same ones clamoring for patches and fixes 2 weeks after its release when it's entirely broken and cheesers figure out the exploits. The glitches, freezes and online quits are bad enough without getting into the rest of it.

Seriously, and sorry, but what do people like about this game?

:razz:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

This Madden is gonna be the same as all the others. Lots of broken poo poo, money plays, tons of online cheese, a few things no one ever asked for, dropping things people liked, retarded AI and a line of people around the block the block to buy it anyway. A glorified roster update.

I hate this loving game and have for some time now even though I love football. It's motto should be "EA Sports: It's in the Game Eventually". The gameplay always deteriorates into something that barely resembles actual loving football. I posted about it in the PYF "Broken Games" thread somewhere around this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773100&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

This game has been broken for over a decade, but why fix anything if people pre-order it like lemmings every year anyhow? A fresh coat of paint on an old jalopy every...mother...loving...year. Can't wait to stand in line. EA doesn't even care and why should they?

The same posters here lining up to buy it will be the same ones clamoring for patches and fixes 2 weeks after its release when it's entirely broken and cheesers figure out the exploits. The glitches, freezes and online quits are bad enough without getting into the rest of it.

Seriously, and sorry, but what do people like about this game?

I like this post from 2008

Oberst
May 24, 2010

SA Forums User BiggerBoat: MADDEN IS poo poo ITS BEEN poo poo FOR YEARS WHY CANT YOU SEE IT STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID SHEEPLE INDIVIDUAL RECIEVER ASSIGNMENTS ARE NEVER COMING BACK EA CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS *self immolates*

Me: so vision cones are back??? gently caress

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious posted:

I didn't know that post came out, and i just went to read it. It's actually something that is going to calm alot of angry nerds wanting new helmets and equipment.

Link??

davecrazy posted:

Same reason I play 2k MMR dota2. I hate myself and love punishment.

Doesn't explain your masochism, but gives more insight into the extent of it

I looked up what MMR means, dave.....you poor sick bastard *checks ur temp*

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 7, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

See what I mean?

Who are you even posting at?

E: Yes PYF poster please explain to us poor brain dead moorans how madden is poo poo; this a revelation none of us has had at all in the last decade. gently caress if only you had shown up sooner I wouldn't have bought madden 11 all those years ago

*busts the door down 10 years after the fact* THE IRAQ WAR WAS A BAD IDEA!! SMOKING IS HARMFUL!! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT

Tl;dr - madden is poo poo, we know. So just call me when nfl2k comes bahahahahahaha

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 7, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

Saw there were a bunch of posts and figured people weren't that excited over the post marketing did about new equipment in the game...

Yep, that's why I put in 60hr weeks every year, to poo poo out the same thing with just a roster update.

EXPLAIN WHY INDIVIDUAL RECIEVER ASSIGNMENTS AREN'T BACK WHERE'D YOU HIDE THE BODIES

Still waiting for my madden x SSX tricky crossover game

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 7, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Knivbjorn is Scandinavian iirc :norway::sweden:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

:henget:

Another longform post about madden you say? You'll fit right in

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Also, I'm teasing you because 3/4th of the posts in the last all madden threads is that same post

MY IMMERSION

Oberst fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 8, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

There will never be a good nfl player career mode due to the nature of football. That's not EA's fault.

Menu lag is confirmed as a returning fetish

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I just said something wasnt EA fault i my hae had he anyuersms

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Port madden 07 to current gen, EA, tia

My father was the mike vick of his era

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Even easier solution: don't play pubbies or people who think toeing the line makes them competitive

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

edit: gently caress it

https://youtu.be/QsAs9sJEAs8

Oberst
May 24, 2010

My favorite part of that video is the back and to the left rewinds like it's the zapruder film

I imagine AF huddled in a dark room, butts piling up, run n shoot playbook pages strewn about; there was a fourth reciever....

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 25, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

AfterFather posted:

I cant bring myself to play as the other NFC East Teams... maybe if I move the Redskins or something.

Panthers in SASFL. Cam + run n shoot

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Oh poo poo it's that time of year :justpost::justpost:

AFCE
Bills
Dolfs FG
Jets
Pats flick

AFCN
Bengals
Browns
Steelers
Ravens Oberst

AFCS
Colts
Jags Bonham
Texans
Titans

AFCW
Broncos
Chargers
Chiefs
Raiders Paperback

NFCE
Boys Havoc
Eagles
Giants dave
Skins santheb? Come home

NFCN
Bears goob
Lions Megatron Poster?
Pack
Vikes Dubs

NFCS
Bucs
Falcons
Panthers AF!!!!
Saints

NFCW
Cards shortthug?
9ers
Hawks Hopterque
Rams

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 29, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

AfterFather posted:

I want to do a complete rebuild of the 49ers but I might run with the Panthers due to their stacked defense. It's gonna be tough to turn that offense into a Run and Shoot offense.

Trade me Greg olsen. Bam problem solved

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Gaaahh they haven't fixed [insert issue with madden that's existed since time immemorial]??? I guess I'll play....such a chore to play the best game mode with all my friends cucks...*continues to plays pubbies well into July while losing tenuous grip on reality*

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lol sam koch & tucker aren't 90+. Preorder canceled. Topic locked.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm less offended now because I saw their ovrs are still top 3 by position, but all pros who revolutionize their position shouldn't be 84 ovr

Oberst
May 24, 2010

93 ovr Delanie walker :lol:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

12th in DVOA only 6 TD, buttttttt

Olsen was 17th in DVOA so LOL who knows

My point stands tho. Madden rankings are silly and based off reputation and feelings. IE Deangelo Hall in every madden ever; or Suggs, played less than 1 game last year, 90 ovr

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

And he was the clear cut number one option all season

RIP kendall wright 2 good 4 this world

Oberst
May 24, 2010

SS is a wasteland lmao

Not that I don't agree with this, but the drop off after chancellor is amazing. Kendrick lewis: league average starter

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 3, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

davecrazy posted:

It was the same way in MUT last game until the juiced post Super Bowl guys came out.

It owns and is something i agree with. It was the same in SASFL,Tyvon branch ' s corpse got like 50 million/4 in 2018 iirc (yes I know he is/used to be good)

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Controversial opinion: neither the Cowboys or Giants are overrated

Dez is underrated and DRC is probably overrated

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I too will be power gaming SASFL

Right click save as

Oberst
May 24, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Your God drat right.

See u week 6 :kamina:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I am posting about madden on the something awful forums

Oberst
May 24, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Formation subs confirmed in the day 1 patch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...campaign=buffer

35:00

I appreciate scud breaking the NDA for us

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

I didn't break any NDA I was under just hinted at things, but yeah that's what I was supposed to do before I put in my notice. It got put together by my buddy and should work great.

Also yeah the xp gains are done instantly in the middle of the game and you can easily tell what was boosted and what they did. It's a neat little thing.

:twisted::thejoke::twisted:

You were pretty specific imo, which I do truly appreciate

I will now be enforcing your covenant not to compete

Oberst
May 24, 2010

None of that matters for SASFL, hth

real_scud posted:

If they would've given me the promotion I deserved then I'd still be there, it was just time to move on since I got this opportunity in England and had to jump on it.

I don't blame you. :dice:, but :ea: instead

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 10, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

Boy sure can't wait to play against this guy in the league.

Don't worry, like i said before, none of that is relevant to SASFL. If someone is playing a player OOP in an exploitative manner like that every single down, I will write a literal novella. One of the many reasons I don't play pubbies or mut

E: This doesn't mean I have a problem with using trick plays occasionally. IE DT at FB on goalline or whatever, etc

Oberst fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 11, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Bonham posted:

Like yeah Marquise Goodwin at TE2 is a no go but Danny Woodhead actually lines up at fullback so is that kosher for league play?

Its a case by case thing. Doing something gimmicky for a drive is not the same as doing it every down all game every game. It's a matter of not purposefully exploiting the game engine (too much) imho. If you want me to be more specific I'll post in the league thread , because no one sane wants to see THE LEAGUE IS SACROSANCT essay

HB at FB is probably one of the lowest priority things. Obviously not convertable WR at TE has been an issue

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 11, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Mike Wallace is on my team :twisted:

The other two have been done and were far from game breaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Is the roster update out yet?