Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dralun
May 22, 2012
Does height and/or weight make any difference in the game engine? If I took J.J. Watt and made him 5' and 115 lbs., would he still play the same as his normal version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dralun
May 22, 2012

HappyHelmet posted:

Anyone have any tips for the MUT challenge where your supposed to force a fumble against the raiders? I switch to the player making the tackle and hold R1, but in 2 hours of trying I've only managed to force one fumble which went straight into a Raider players hands.

Muff a punt. Just move the returner a little bit so it bonks him on the head then dive on it. I've heard that an option pitch that drops also counts for the challenge. It doesn't have to be a Raider that fumbles.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
I really like the idea behind salary cap and wish they had that as a normal mode and not just a super competitive reward based mode. Has there been any talk of having a non ticket using salary cap mode?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

unfortunately it's a drafted player in a CFM so no muthead. Also he doesn't have fight for extra yards or run after catch. Yet somehow I've seen this glorious motherfucker plow through two tacklers at once for 4-5 yards after contact and get into the endzone. He leads the NFL in touchdowns after 5 weeks with 9.

What's his truck rating?

Dralun
May 22, 2012
My assumption, and I very well could be wrong, is that awareness for WR really only covers things like picking the right option route if you use those, blocking the right person and them looking for the ball if thrown their way early. Is my assumption close to the mark?

Dralun
May 22, 2012

JPrime posted:

Does awareness matter for a user player in CFM?

While anecdotal, I have more completely off target throws with a low AWR QB than I do with a higher rated AWR, even if their accuracies are close in rating. For other positions on offense, it depends on what you are trying to do with them. For defense, I think that if you always user the same player, AWR can be ignored.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I've been playing Madden 08 on PC for almost a decade. Been playing Madden Mobile but it's not scratching the itch. If I was going to buy a console just for Madden, what should I get? I've never owned a console.

I second PS4.

You can play with more goons and, if you care for it, the best baseball video game, The Show, is only on PS4.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

I drafted a 79 OVR CB in my franchise's most recent draft and he's got good stats, good speed, good coverage skills, but he's got slow development. Young too at 21.

At 21, you still have five years before the cost for attributes skyrockets at 26 and 8 years before regression kicks in at 29. Between focus, playing time and drills that focus on DB's -with added bonus of your coach having the DB training perk, you should be able to get him to normal or quick by 23. At that point, it's just like you drafted a 23 year old with normal/quick.

That being said, I'd prioritize front 7 or Safeties before I worried about corners. 80ish OVR with 90+ speed seem to get the job done most of the time.

Also, if you are on PS4 join one of the Goon CFM leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dralun
May 22, 2012

Oberst posted:

Can't wait to hear you retards whine about sim stats or whatever dumb poo poo

What about counting incomplete (forward) passes as fumbles?

• Locked thread