Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Pre-ordered. Probably an idiot, but I bought a PS4 recently and the last Madden I bought was Madden 13 (which was a pretty big let down, for me anyway), so figure it's time to get with modern times. Wish I could get in on the goon league action, but I just don't have the time for such things. Maybe I'll see a few of you in MUT though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any tips for the MUT challenge where your supposed to force a fumble against the raiders? I switch to the player making the tackle and hold R1, but in 2 hours of trying I've only managed to force one fumble which went straight into a Raider players hands.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Dralun posted:

Muff a punt. Just move the returner a little bit so it bonks him on the head then dive on it. I've heard that an option pitch that drops also counts for the challenge. It doesn't have to be a Raider that fumbles.

Well the challenge ends as soon as the Raiders lose possession so the option thing wouldn't work. The muffed punt might though. I'll give that a shot thanks.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

I think there is actually a bug causing more fumbles that they are planning on patching. I saw something about that on twitter, but can't find the link at the moment.

If it isn't a bug they need to at least dial it back. As soon as you go to All-Pro difficulty it's like your running around with a greased pig.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Oberst posted:

Bad year not to buy seeing as its objectively the best madden of the last decade

I'd still put Madden 12 above this one, but for sure it's the best option on the PS4 so far.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Is there any point to the All-Pro MUT packs? They give 3 gold players but cost 35k in coins which is the better part of what it would cost to buy 5 pro packs that would net you 5 gold players plus a lot of other stuff you could use on sets or resell... I don't get it. Do the All-Pro packs have a higher elite percentage or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Pron on VHS posted:

I never buy packs and only use the Auction house to get better players.

That was basically what I did as well. I just keep seeing these X amount of days "deals" that don't make any sense, and was curious if they were just that bad.

Dubious posted:

there is never a point to buying packs except :retrogames:

I have serious doubts about hitting legendary in mut this year because it feels so lifeless and meh this year.

My interest has been waning fast in MUT as well. It's too much work keeping your team maintained and the point rewards are so small trips to the auction house/buying the occasional pack for fun is too much of a grind. Franchise seems like the better option.

• Locked thread