Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BiggerBoat posted:

I really liked franchise with "create your own team" and using a 32 team fantasy draft.

I made my own team and designed my uniforms and stadium and poo poo. Replaced my created team in for my favorite NFL team, the Eagles, and must have played 4 or 5 seasons before the computer AI just went beserk and started cloning players on me. Randy Moss, Tom Brady and Charles Woodson wound up playing for like 2 or 3 different teams simultaneously.

It was cool though seeing Peyton Manning on the Cowboys, Vick in Seattle, Jerome Bettis in Miami and all the different nutty rosters. Planning for the draft in the offseason and grooming my picks over seasons was fun too. Eventually, though, if I remember right, the salary cap broke the game and I couldn't even field a roster. Other CPU teams couldn't either.

I finally gave up loving with it but I still remember the stalwarts on my roster (Ian Gold, McNabb, Ray Lewis, Steve Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow Jr, Champ Bailey) and even a few rookies I developed into stars. Sometimes I reminisce thinking that perennial all pro DT "Doyle Lynch" was an actual player.

If they add a mode like what NBA 2K17 is putting in their game, I'd buy that Madden iteration first day. But No Fun League, etc etc.

I still have Madden 11 because I think it's the last time it gave you some sort of customization over the league in Franchise mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread