Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

proof of concept posted:

iirc tramadol junkie is an invalid who lives entirely off of other people's tax dollars and spends his time writing holocaust denials (or something along those lines)

I want, like, a number that accounts for people who aren't insane statistical outliers

then maybe you should look for a different population to sample from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
this tramadol junkie fellow is giving us invalids high on painkillers a bad name

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Serious Frolicking posted:

then maybe you should look for a different population to sample from

good point

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

cat doter posted:

I take tramadol for back pain it's pretty rad

Tramadol and Whisky is rad.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

cat doter posted:

alt right bingo is tomorrow dude

I already voted by post and used a bingo marker.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

It seems to me like if Britain does leave then when things get a bit recessiony and hosed up people will be way more likely to kick the conservatives out next election and we get Corbynmania full on communism when he's not pinned down by the EU's austerity policies.

Whereas if we "Bremain" then there is literally no point in voting anything other than Conservative so Cameron or some other emotionless robot can continue to suck Merkel and Junker's dicks to make sure that we're one of the oppressors and not the oppressed in the EU.

So it's basically win-win in terms of Britain getting hosed.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

So, uh, did the EU ever solve that Greek and Spain problem, or did they just kick the can down the road again and hope the problem goes away by itself?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

So, uh, did the EU ever solve that Greek and Spain problem, or did they just kick the can down the road again and hope the problem goes away by itself?

Spain is having elections now I think, and Greece was sunk into the sea, it was the easiest solution.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Yeah, Greece just did away with pensions and retirement and they had their left-wing government removed by the EU. On the plus side they'll have paid off their debt by like A.D. 3000.

But don't worry, the German bankers will definitely not lose any of their money, and thanks to the EU free movement the Greek bankers that stole all the money now live in London.

I think Spain has over 20% unemployment, but they're basically european mexicans so no one cares and criticising the EU is racist so no one wants to do that.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Also Greece is starting to elect Nazis, not "ho ho Trump = Hitler" Nazis, but actual Hitler = Hitler Nazis.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

RobattoJesus posted:

Yeah, Greece just did away with pensions and retirement and they had their left-wing government removed by the EU. On the plus side they'll have paid off their debt by like A.D. 3000.

But don't worry, the German bankers will definitely not lose any of their money, and thanks to the EU free movement the Greek bankers that stole all the money now live in London.

I think Spain has over 20% unemployment, but they're basically european mexicans so no one cares and criticising the EU is racist so no one wants to do that.

Can't Spain set sail for the New World again and plunder the Lost Cities of Gold? They have a patent on Conquistadors, don't they?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Node posted:

Can't Spain set sail for the New World again and plunder the Lost Cities of Gold? They have a patent on Conquistadors, don't they?

They sold the patent for Conquistadors, Luchadors, and Toreadors as part of a humble bundle to try to pay off some of their crippling german debt.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so if they leave the rest of EU will totally stop doing biz with them right?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tramadol Junkie posted:

We are being invaded by Paki's, blacks and poles and all the scum of the world as Germany is in total command of Europe, our borders and is destroying Europe again with out a single shot fired.

How has this been allowed to happen? And that disgusting thing called Merkel, was voted Time Magazine person of the year, you have got to be loving pulling my leg?,

she has single handedly destroyed Europe, ethnically cleansing us native Europeans with ficki ficki rapefugees.

Who the hell put her in charge anyway?

What pisses me off even more is that Cameron and his cronies hijacked the brexit vote with that Manchurian Candidate "Chance the Gardner" and sacrificed the life of an innocent yet libtarded politician to get more votes.

Even the Queen can't think of 3 reasons to remain.

Remain is now the official Zionist c.u.c.k vote.

make trump his president

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Fat Jesus posted:

so if they leave the rest of EU will totally stop doing biz with them right?

You actually think French and German auto manufactures will stop selling us cars?

I can't believe someone is actually this stupid to even question trade.

(I apologize in advance is you are genuinely a spastic or have downs syndrome or other mental disorder culminating into a low IQ)

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Tramadol Junkie posted:

You actually think French and German auto manufactures will stop selling us cars?

I can't believe someone is actually this stupid to even question trade.

(I apologize in advance is you are genuinely a spastic or have downs syndrome or other mental disorder culminating into a low IQ)

But global companies have morals and principles that they will always put before profit.

No wait, I got that backwards.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

RobattoJesus posted:

It seems to me like if Britain does leave then when things get a bit recessiony and hosed up people will be way more likely to kick the conservatives out next election and we get Corbynmania

Lol if you think Corbyn will ever be prime minister

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
It appears leavers and Trump voters are pretty much the same kind of people.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Node posted:

Nah everyone gets those in civ 6 now

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

crabcakes66 posted:

It appears leavers and Trump voters are pretty much the same kind of people.

Yes, we all hate ficki ficki rapefugees.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
which vote results in a decreased pound value so that it's cheaper for me to vacation there?

how am I supposed to smuggle lifetime supplies of jaffa cakes and irn bru if that pound is worth more than $0.40

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Yes, we all hate ficki ficki rapefugees.

you must be a real rear end in a top hat to get this racist while on tramadol. you should increase your dosage

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

you must be a real rear end in a top hat to get this racist while on tramadol. you should increase your dosage

Been on the max dose for 15 years plus other meds.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Wurzag posted:

If we "Bremain" then I agree, but his only shot is that we Brexit and then the entire country tanks so hard that people will do anything to get rid of the Tories (which in our 2 party system means Labour)

Look at the scottish vote, they lost the vote but then the SNP cleaned up at the general election. I think whoever wins the Brexit vote, the losers will rally hard and see massive gains at the next election because this campaign has pushed everyone out of the centre and to the extremes.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Wurzag posted:

It's a shame, he looks like Britain's bernie sanders.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

RobattoJesus posted:

If we "Bremain" then I agree, but his only shot is that we Brexit and then the entire country tanks so hard that people will do anything to get rid of the Tories (which in our 2 party system means Labour)

I'm seriously fed up with Cameron, all he's done is gently caress us over for 6 years and I just want him gone.

Even if there's a decision that could gently caress up our nation permanently, I'd do it if it's at his expense.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Junior Jr. posted:

I'm seriously fed up with Cameron, all he's done is gently caress us over for 6 years and I just want him gone.

Even if there's a decision that could gently caress up our nation permanently, I'd do it if it's at his expense.

I voted for Cameron because I used this logic, except with Guardian readers instead of Cameron.

Except now I'm pretty sure that no matter how annoying Guardian readers are, Cameron is worse.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Junior Jr. posted:

A ton of voters agree, they don't care about the EU but just want to hurt the tories in anyway possible, they see the leave vote as doing that. They don't even know if its a good or bad idea, they just want to lash out.

I don't think there has even been more despised party in the UK since like, Thatcher.

If Britain had a political power that was even disgruntlingly passable to the general public the BREXIT thing would not have been anywhere near as controversial as it has been.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
There's an open invitation to the American Union if you aren't liking the European one.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
On the poll station website Leave is 81% - Remain %16

http://www.pollstation.uk/eu-referendum/poll/

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol

OK.

In real life we're going to remain though, like it or not.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Bob James posted:

There's an open invitation to the American Union if you aren't liking the European one.

as a member of the british public I'd take this option in a heartbeat, and then i'd gently caress off to the woods in colorado and smoke weed

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

jBrereton posted:

lol

OK.

In real life we're going to remain though, like it or not.

Nope.

We are leaving.

I will stake my SA account on that.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Just read the OP, but why the hell would you have to pay 250 million spacebucks a week to be in the EU? That's nuts. Does every country have to pay that? Greece can't afford 20 bucks for gas.

Aug 4, 2010

best result would be 51/49 with Scottish votes tipping it for remain.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ape Fist posted:

Seeing as the UK is all about referendums to let states leave Unions, how about a referendum to let the Six Counties join the Republic? :nsa:

Keep them TBH
NI is a kip

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The Dregs posted:

Just read the OP, but why the hell would you have to pay 250 million spacebucks a week to be in the EU? That's nuts. Does every country have to pay that? Greece can't afford 20 bucks for gas.

We take money from the taxes of working people, then give it to the EU who then gives it out as grants to multinational corporations whose CEOs buy a bunch of yachts, and then they use a bit of it to claim that your grocery bill is 20 spacebucks cheaper because of all the money they get from the EU.

Greece just has to borrow the money from Germany and will basically just be kept in serfdom until the EU implodes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

The Dregs posted:

Right the UK pays £350mil in a week (anyone who disputes this out of hand is brainwashed, It Is A Fact) but gets quite a lot of it back directly, plus gets stuff like region funding and CAP money back. Basically if where you live is a shithole or a farm, the EU probably has some money for you.

How much you contribute is done by a no doubt obscenely complicated algorithm but it's £18bn a year for us.

Some countries are net contributors (most northern countries), others benefit from it more than they put in (basically old Soviet/Yugoslav states).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Nope.

We are leaving.

I will stake my SA account on that.
That is a brave toxx right there given how bad the last week has been for Leave.

• Locked thread