Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
How did the Welsh get so Brexity, given all the other Celts are pro-Remain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I support Brexit because it might lead to independence for Scotland and the end of 843 years of occupation of Northern Ireland.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Crossposting an image I posted today in TFR:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

FrankieGoes posted:

What's all this doing to bog butter futures?

Future looking bright as panicked Brits empty their refrigerators and dump their dairy products into the nearest swamp (usually 100 yards away or less) to hide them from EU raiders.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

mr_cramalldees posted:

Can we start a referendum to rename "ISIS" to "EU Raiders"?

Soon England's Crown Jewels will be displayed in the Caliphate War Museum in Raqqa. Or auctioned off to fund the insurgency, w/e.

EDIT: Raiders of the Lost Empire

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

www posted:

seens lots of british nationalists saying this will allow the england to reconnect with the commonweath (rich white countries only) like those countries would want anything to do with your fetid little nation

Mail order brides.

quote:

Gentlemen, I give you Brittania! Gambling with all the
glitz and glamour of the British Isles. Best of all, the
waitresses and showgirls are all real Brits -- fresh from
the streets of Sussex, they are.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

gently caress the ROW posted:

ive been calling presumably british people racist on the guardian comments section for the last 24 hours & never have i been so fufilled

Is The Guardian actually read by Brits or is it just for export and foreign consumption like Foster's beer is for Australia?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I clicked on a survey asking if Northern Ireland should have a border poll to unite; when it showed results for my region everywhere in the US was marked as in favor of a border poll except for North Dakota, which probably means one of the dozen people who lives there and also reads Euro news is a hardcore Prot.

Ireland uniting would be the most exciting unification/secession in my lifetime since the two Germanies united.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

RobattoJesus posted:

I like how Britain had ww1 against a foreign threat and said yeah guns loving suck, the US killed like an entire generation of its own men in a war with itself and thinks guns are loving awesome.

America is like a hilarious idiot child that you can't help but love.

Bullshit, slowly banning guns in the UK wasn't some postwar pacifist schtick, it's because the powers that be were petrified of Bolshevism and class revolt so wanted to keep gun in the hands of wealthy foxhunters instead of grungy Welsh coal miners that might suddenly realize they were getting dicked over by The Man.

Gun control in Britain initially had nothing to do with lovey-dovey humanitarian values and a lot more to do with keeping the rabble in line, particularly after seeing popular uprisings elsewhere in Europe. It particularly annoys me when a Brits get all smug about how they're enlightened beyond owning guns, when instead it's just hoarding a monopoly of force to keep the proles under their thumb (Northern Ireland appears to have found a lot of loopholes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm vague on your fish-and-chips political system, but from what I'm vaguely seeing in the news various Catholic Northern Ireland political figures are calling for a border poll per the Good Friday Accords to see if the public wants to unite with Ireland, but Brokenshire, the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, is "lol, no".

So this guy is a Tory political appointee for NI who has no explicit NI popular mandate for holding the role, and yet he's somehow a key figure in deciding if NI gets to vote to leave the UK and rejoin the Republic to stay in the EU?

And they're proposing a new "Unity Flag" for NI that really just seems like trolling: http://i64.tinypic.com/1hutc0.gif (did both TinyPic and Imgur just stop working on SA???)

• Locked thread