Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i got $20 on leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
please edit this into the op

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
:3: he did it

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

loquacius posted:

For the record my mother is in fact Jewish, but let's say a gay Jewish couple adopts a child, raises it Jewish, sends it to Hebrew school, gives it a Bar/Bat Mitzvah. There is absolutely no basis to say that child is not Jewish unless you are a racist (you are a racist)

so wait.. are jews a race or arent they?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
isnt this thing non-binding anyway? like the government can just be like "nah... nah"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

jiggerypokery posted:

THE MOST IMPORTANT VOTE IN OUR LIFETIMES...

...and they made us do it with a loving pencil. It is too late to invest in rubbers but some stationary mogul will be making a few bob this afternoon.

seriously? pencil?

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Roger Craig posted:

Does Britain have doomsday preppers? Better load up on food and ammo before your money becomes worthless.

they aren't allowed (for the most part) to own guns, and preppers are supposed to be reported to the police. see something, say something

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
remainers have been thoroughly owned.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
and now over to our respected political analyst, Lindsay Lohan

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

mr_cramalldees posted:

Where is that goon that bet 50 on brexit?

i get to go collect $20 from my turbo lefty sister tomorrow

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i love that david cameron said he'd invoke article 50 immediately were Leave to win out, but now that they have, these BBC pundits are saying "well... i think that would be a bit hasty. what we need now is a long period of reflection"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Wow, guys! Just in time for a summer independence day! You guys are gonna LOVE backyard barbecue culture! It's all the rage in the States!

i didnt even think of that. david cameron should wait until july 4th

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
as a member of the EU, said british man could just pack up his life and move to another country, with another language, and find a job there. boom. EU proven to be a good thing that works

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Retro Access posted:

I'm married to an immigrant. I spent two years working 18 hours in two jobs to sponsor the UK spousal visa. Ran myself ragged and left the UK when my husband's parents very loving generously waved a visa sponsorship at me.

My entire family knew all this poo poo and voted "leave."

I only found out this loving morning.

Our only way back into the UK, or to have stayed there in the first place was via european law.

I feel like I have had my heart torn out. I didn't know them at all and they sure as gently caress knew nothing about me.

sounds like they dont want to know you. owned

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

hemophilia posted:

this is clearly about race for a lot of people dude. the reasons are complex and varied and im honestly happy that rich ppl are having a tough day and a tory is without a job but man, but some people are clearly terrified of mooslims for poo poo reasons

why is it that being concerned about demographic replacement is a position that is solely reserved for racists? why does this make a person racist? anyone who says they dont want to live in a neighborhood, work with, go to school with, and just generally be around people that look like themselves are lying to you or themselves. possibly both.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

why is it that being concerned about demographic replacement is a position that is solely reserved for racists? why does this make a person racist? anyone who says they dont want to live in a neighborhood, work with, go to school with, and just generally be around people that look like themselves are lying to you or themselves. possibly both.

i cant wait for dozens of self aggrandizing goons to flagellate themselves on this altar

"well, personally, i hate my race"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Jimlit posted:

Pretty flaccid troll my dude.

i'm not trolling at all, though. pretty much every other demographic keep to themselves and are rebuked by their community when they dare to do otherwise. why is it racist to not want the population of a place that your ancestors have inhabited for thousands of years to be supplanted (arguable, uncertain if this will happen or not) by people who do not share your values, your culture, or your history? i'm not arguing racial superiority.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

UK eaten by Russia?

:thejoke:

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Atrocious Joe posted:

When the Saxons leave Prydain we can start talking.

picts, normans, saxons all need to leave

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Danger Mahoney posted:

I wonder how many "people shouldnt be able to vote for how their country is run" opinions would be popping up if remain had won

the people would have spoken, were remain to have won. since leave won, the will of the people has been subverted and/or democracy just doesnt work

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Money is literally the only valid justification for doing anything ever.

wont someone please think of the billionaires portfolios :qq:

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

unpacked robinhood posted:

Wtf is this bullshit

Supposedly the parliament is supposed to address any petition that gets over 100,000 signatures ?

we just have to keep voting until we get our way. this is how democracy works

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

hemophilia posted:

which is why the UK was weak enough to enter the european union, then throw a tizzy about sovreignty. While, we hold a good chunk of the world power, could probably influence the UK and the EU into failure if we wished. If you want to matter, and the independence thing is about asserting dominance right? but you don't have it, and we do, and that's probably because we don't let things like sovereignty be dictated by simple majority, representing the will of the people only half the people in a fleeting political climate.

fleeting, yes. surely Leave winning is a harsh blow toward nationalism, and wont embolden other nations to propose a referendum of their own... wait

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

wit posted:

To be fair, with the return to the dark ages, I don't think the 18-24s will live to be 40.

No I'm trying to say that old people are always racist.

look at this idiot that doesn't know childhood disease was the reason for the average lifespan back then being so short. if you lived to your teen years you lived for a while

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
boy i sure do love how the leading adjective to describe this is "seismic" thats really cool and not at all stupid as gently caress

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Man Whore posted:

brexit was good imo

you mother loving racist piece of poo poo

*dies of a rage-induced stroke*

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Velkest posted:

How dare you not want more islamic terrorism in your country. What a lack of solidarity, Brits.

this is just their culture, to push back would be as bad or worse than nazism

- he said as the scimitar, glinting in the sun, swung down upon his neck

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
the queen should declare war on scotland and subjugate them, as is their rightful place imo

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i am the waterspout labeled "economic failure"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Brannock posted:

It's a clown

nerdlinger needs to put on his god drat spectacles

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
will i still be able to buy prawn walkers chips in the US? this affects what i think of this whole brexit foofaraw greatly

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
it takes a certain kind of poo poo headed fucker to massage the numbers to fit the particular narrative that the sky is falling, which it isnt, which could then lead to the sky actually falling

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Market volatility is a good thing according to ArbitraryC

the FTSE is within 100 points of where it was before the referendum and still higher than it has been at points this year. what is your measure of market volatility? this seems like a correction at worst

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
a very slight devaluation of the pound is not "market volatility"

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
watch juncker start a loving war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

el dingo posted:

So is there a plan going forward now or what? In the 2 years this has been in the mixer did anyone consider what to do afterwards?

So far all I've heard is 'uhhh we gotta talk to the EU (who loving hate us) and I dunno maybe trade with china or something'.

Probably a lot more trade with Australia

• Locked thread