Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This one bush needs to get its act together. They get identical sun and identical water. Please advise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

This one bush needs to get its act together. They get identical sun and identical water. Please advise.

Your love is obviously not even.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

VendaGoat posted:

Your love is obviously not even.

:agreed:

more love (i.e. spill your seed)

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
Hop cones forming.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
gonna have a moss wall in our patio, so loving psyched

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Clipperton posted:

gonna have a moss wall in our patio, so loving psyched

omg i'm so jelly i love moss

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

captainoblivious posted:

Hop cones forming.

those are lovely

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I cut up some Jimmy Nardello peppers, which are normally quite sweet, and they were pretty drat hot. I've read that peppers do get quite a bit hotter when it's hot outside with very little rain, but this had never happened to one of my sweet peppers. Anyway, I can imagine my jalapenos and cayennes are going to be scorching hot.

Btw, the hot and dry (i.e. little rain) weather also has an effect on other veggies and fruits. Cucumbers will tend to get sweet and melons get really sweet. The drawback is they're not as juicy. So, keep an eye out for stuff like this.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

idk my habaneros are not hot right now and it's been 100 degrees out. you sure they haven't cross-pollinated?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

psychokitty posted:

omg i'm so jelly i love moss

yeah our back patio is a sunken pit with concrete walls and the upstairs neighbour's deck for a roof. basically no direct sunlight at all, it's kind of gross actually and regular plants would have no chance but i think a moss wall & some ferns will spruce it up a bit

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Clipperton posted:

yeah our back patio is a sunken pit with concrete walls and the upstairs neighbour's deck for a roof. basically no direct sunlight at all, it's kind of gross actually and regular plants would have no chance but i think a moss wall & some ferns will spruce it up a bit

ooooh i should try that in the space underneath my sunroom/greenhouse where the stairs to the basement are because it's really just concrete & spider wasteland right now gently caress YEAH

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

psychokitty posted:

ooooh i should try that in the space underneath my sunroom/greenhouse where the stairs to the basement are because it's really just concrete & spider wasteland right now gently caress YEAH

gonna order some moss mats from these guys once the weather cools down, will post trip report

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Clipperton posted:

gonna order some moss mats from these guys once the weather cools down, will post trip report

OH

EM

GEE

what a loving cool store i want a moss milkshake for autumn solstice

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i can't believe i didn't think of the term 'mossome' before, but they've already trademarked it :(

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i'm out there gardening

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

gardening loving rules

its my first time trying it this year and my patio space is a mess of pots now its great

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got some mint in a glass of water growing roots. Where should I put it? Everywhere?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

FogHelmut posted:

I got some mint in a glass of water growing roots. Where should I put it? Everywhere?

yeah especially in your butthole

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

gardening loving rules

its my first time trying it this year and my patio space is a mess of pots now its great

what do you have in the pots, praytell?

i came to work today with a grocery bag full of herbs for my coworkers. my hands smell so good now.

Biblical Fucking
Nov 21, 2013

Ask me about where to find fucking in the Bible!
i did some weeding today OP, then i emptied out a big concrete pot so i could move it, it had a big bush in it and loads of soil, was proper heavy

the pot crumbled and fell to bits when i finally got it empty so it was a bit of a waste of time but hey ho that's gardening for you

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!

FogHelmut posted:

On your neighbors side of the nearest property border. That way it will always be there when you need some.

Any ideas where to find used 30 gallon steel drums for a project?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

literally a hog posted:

Any ideas where to find used 30 gallon steel drums for a project?

Jamaica

OR any drug smuggler

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Something took my first heirloom tomater before it was ripe

:argh:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

ChrisHansen posted:

Something took my first heirloom tomater before it was ripe

:argh:

GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING SQUIRREL rear end in a top hat DIPSHIT FUCKERS

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm visiting my parents in NJ and a recent rain storm made all of their tomatoes literally explode.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Oops, missed this one.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Zahgaegun posted:

Oops, missed this one.

Did you put it in your crisper? :pervert:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I wanna grow tomatoes on the front steps
sunflowers, bean sprouts, sweet corn and radishes

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Mariana Horchata posted:

I wanna grow tomatoes on the front steps
sunflowers, bean sprouts, sweet corn and radishes

How are you at breathing in?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I got a poo poo LOAD of flower and vegetable seeds, and I'm about to just haphazardly sprinkle them throughout my back yard.

Thoughts?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Bananana posted:

I got a poo poo LOAD of flower and vegetable seeds, and I'm about to just haphazardly sprinkle them throughout my back yard.

Thoughts?

Umm sure why not

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

psychokitty posted:

How are you at breathing in?

not too good

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I have four snake plants

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Thanks a lot now that song is stuck in my head AGAIN

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

The Bananana posted:

Thoughts?

I think you're a couple months late

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ChrisHansen posted:

I think you're a couple months late

I still have the seeds. Do they keep for a year? actually... I don't give a gently caress, what's the worst that could happen? They won't, like, turn Against me or something, right?

naem
May 29, 2011

Someone/thing is still emptying out squirrels and leaving their husks in the park

I saw at least three today. Like, a squirrel-pire

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

naem posted:

Someone/thing is still emptying out squirrels and leaving their husks in the park

I saw at least three today. Like, a squirrel-pire

Omg I want one

naem
May 29, 2011

psychokitty posted:

Omg I want one

I think I said this already but it's like tiny little bear skin rug only disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

naem posted:

I think I said this already but it's like tiny little bear skin rug only disgusting

No I want whatever is doing that to the squirrels

• Locked thread