Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

psychokitty posted:

No I want whatever is doing that to the squirrels

Making their insides into a milkshake apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
When I go hunting small game, I skin the squirrels and leave their head with skin and feet attached hanging in a tree

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Ugh we always had a nice garden growing up and my apartment-dwelling rear end missed it so bad. I've literally volunteered to go over to more than one friend's house to help them remove blackberries or build trellises or whatever on many occasions, it's such nice work that I'll bug a friend about helping with it for free.

When I was about seven years old we moved into a house with a garbage back yard that was basically dead grass, a slab of concrete for a "patio," and a sort of swamp in the side yard. To make the patio livable my mom threw together some trellises and figured out hops were the best bet for a fast growing vine thing to make shade with for that region. A year later they're thriving and we've got hops coming out our ears, so gently caress it make some beer I guess. She won a blue ribbon at the county fair with an IPA in the nineties with those hops. Consider hops next time you want some shade, you might end up with a cool new hobby

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

psychokitty posted:

what do you have in the pots, praytell?

i came to work today with a grocery bag full of herbs for my coworkers. my hands smell so good now.

Whoops I forgot I posted in this thread. Got lot of annuals that pollinating insects like in random pots... Cosmos, corncockle, nigella, poached egg plants but also some bellflowers. I sowed some lavender seeds assuming I'd only keep one or two plants, but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of them all... So I have 9 fairly robust seedlings that should come good next year. I also sowed some rosemary but only two seeds germinated so we'll see how that goes. I also picked up a small smoke bush cause I think they're kind of cool. Oh yeah and a couple of tomato plants of course!

Other than that I took some cuttings from a gnarly old rose not really expecting them to take but they grew roots and new growth really quickly. As a novice that poo poo is like black magic.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I think my well water gets all mineraly (iron, manganese) after rains and over time it's screwing up my indoor plants. Dammit nature can't you take care of it yourself...

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

ChrisHansen posted:

When I go hunting small game, I skin the squirrels and leave their head with skin and feet attached hanging in a tree

you got a purty mouth

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I still haven't planted my seed in the yard.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Bananana posted:

I still haven't planted my seed in the yard.

please go do this postehaste

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

psychokitty posted:

please go do this postehaste

Before, during, or after lots of rain, cause it's mom there fuckin mongoose monsoon season up in here, at the moment.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

This one bush needs to get its act together. They get identical sun and identical water. Please advise.

I believe that your statement may not be entirely correct, my good friend. It appears to me that the rose plant without the flowers gets, perhaps, much less direct sun than the other--and that might be the problem.

LOVE,
VITALIS

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

my tomato plants are taking over it's goddamned crazy! but the loving squirrels are eating everything. we haven't had one single tomato.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gonna plant some turnips for a late harvest, anybody got tips and tricks for top tier turnips?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I believe that your statement may not be entirely correct, my good friend. It appears to me that the rose plant without the flowers gets, perhaps, much less direct sun than the other--and that might be the problem.

LOVE,
VITALIS

Dunno, we are facing West in this photo. The sun is on its way down in late afternoon. The rose on the right has since sprouted a single flower.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

FogHelmut posted:

Dunno, we are facing West in this photo. The sun is on its way down in late afternoon. The rose on the right has since sprouted a single flower.

oh gently caress dude you didn't say they were roses

gently caress BURN THEM DOWN

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Pk I suggest you get chicken wire and build a tomater shed

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

ChrisHansen posted:

Pk I suggest you get chicken wire and build a tomater shed

next year my man

next year

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
Literally spreading my seeds as we speak!

Grass seeds.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Indy posted:

Literally spreading my seeds as we speak!

Grass seeds.

OOOH

:negative:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

:owned:?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

We bought our first house last month, and this is the first time we've had a home with a fruit tree. The apple tree was overloaded with apples, dropping over 200 a day.

Trouble is, the tree seems to have apple scab, so the apples look pretty gross and we've had to throw most of them away. The good ones I've managed to pick are going to be turned into apple butter later.

We also have some vines growing that seem to be hops. (No cones though.) I got pretty badly scratched by them when I tried to prune them (the vines were strangling a neighbouring tree). Guess I'll have to wear long sleeves and long pants next time.

I hope to set up some raised beds next spring and plant cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and lettuce.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Nessa posted:

We bought our first house last month, and this is the first time we've had a home with a fruit tree. The apple tree was overloaded with apples, dropping over 200 a day.

Trouble is, the tree seems to have apple scab, so the apples look pretty gross and we've had to throw most of them away. The good ones I've managed to pick are going to be turned into apple butter later.

We also have some vines growing that seem to be hops. (No cones though.) I got pretty badly scratched by them when I tried to prune them (the vines were strangling a neighbouring tree). Guess I'll have to wear long sleeves and long pants next time.

I hope to set up some raised beds next spring and plant cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and lettuce.

have you considered burning your house down?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

psychokitty posted:

oh gently caress dude you didn't say they were roses

gently caress BURN THEM DOWN

why

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Arkanomen posted:

loving dipshit HOA got mad I put a shelf outside my kitchen window. "It's in a common area", yeah the literal 14 inches between my window and a giant 6 foot shrub wide shrub that I could barely get to when I put the shelf there. It's the only loving goddam part near my condo that gets direct sunlight. HOAs are poo poo and I'm gonna be as a passive aggressive about it until they give up on me moving it.

Don't gently caress with my Peppers, I barely got the 4 that are left to this point.

You can get on the HOA board of governance and then put a bunch of stupid poo poo in their so people get mad. When they get mad enough you can convince them to get rid of it.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Roses are known assholes

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

psychokitty posted:

Roses are known assholes

And you can salt the earth and the fuckers will come back.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Colorado temps have been super high all year. As a result, my tomatoes are just now ripening, whereas two years ago I had moved on to the second harvest by now.

Also has resulted in kind of a lovely potato situation, as soil temps have also been pretty high. So much for my potato dreams.

Also, the loving squirrels just murdered all my sunflowers - about 3 weeks before they even set seeds. Almost as if out of pure spite.

naem
May 29, 2011

ChrisHansen posted:

Well someone is serial murdering my friendly urban park squirrels and leaving them outside my house which is not cool

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My gf planted a habanero and now we're overflowing with habaneros. I don't know what to do with them. I don't even like them.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

My gf planted a habanero and now we're overflowing with habaneros. I don't know what to do with them. I don't even like them.

Put them in your butt

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Put them in your butt

and in her butt

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Fitzy Fitz posted:

same except i loving love them, you fuckman

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Do you consider salt to be too spicy?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Put them in your butt

Weird, that's exactly what she said to me.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

when we harvest our habs we are going to give some away, eat some, and pickle & can the rest. there are some ideas for you, shitbag.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I like spicy food a lot (mayonnaise, olives, racnh dressing, etc.) but these are way too spicy imo

Woden
May 6, 2006
I've got some weird fungus type growth going on my lime tree but the anti fungal spray says I shouldn't use it until after late winter.

Do I wait a few more weeks watching the poor plant suffer or should I just spray that poo poo on and gently caress up the baddies?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I like spicy food a lot (mayonnaise, olives, racnh dressing, etc.) but these are way too spicy imo

I agree.

I grew habs, serranos, birdseyes and a few other chillies and never really found a use for habs, they don't taste good and just add burning or acid to recipes so I gave up on them.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Woden posted:

I grew habs, serranos, birdseyes and a few other chillies and never really found a use for habs, they don't taste good and just add burning or acid to recipes so I gave up on them.

WTF YOU ARE INCORRECT :frogout:

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Yeah that's crazy talk. Habaneros are kind of sweet n' fruity, plus they smell really good.

Oh and this thread has made me really paranoid irt this one particularly overconfident squirrel I keep seeing around... Stay away from my tomatoes please thanks. :^)

l33tc4k30fd00m fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 18, 2016

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

Oh and this thread has made me really paranoid irt this one particularly overconfident squirrel I keep seeing around... Stay away from my tomatoes please thanks. :^)

hah! gl with that. :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I will shoot your squirrels for free.

• Locked thread