Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

a false posted:

why does it even matter in their first year post expansion. they were never going to be drafting a playoff team

No it doesn't matter, I just read a few posts saying they'd be competitive or wild card and there's just no way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Who could they have drafted to be much better than this anyway.

Of course there will be SUCK.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
I'm trusting the process baby

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Obviously they were not going to be good, but let's not pretend this team isn't significantly worse than what it could have been.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mike_V posted:

Obviously they were not going to be good, but let's not pretend this team isn't significantly worse than what it could have been.

But they don't want to be any good. They want a few good players to excite fans and a bunch of stuff they could easily trade.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

sleep with the vicious posted:

No it doesn't matter, I just read a few posts saying they'd be competitive or wild card and there's just no way

if they had flipped some of their weird draft choices for better players and had a lucky season, they could have potentially been a wild card bubble team. maybe if everything went their way i could have seen like a 10% chance of them making the playoffs

based on what GMGM has done in the past 24 hrs, i think it's more like a 1% chance

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Mike_V posted:

worse today, yes, but that doesn't matter. so far it's way too early to say that they could have done a better job getting futures. i still think the schlemko deal was pretty close to market value for him.

the emelin pick is the only thing that really confuses me

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i should clarify that if their goal is to tank hard emelin helps, but there's no gm in the world, even in a tanking scenario, who would purposely pick a player that they think is horrible.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
neal is an UFA after this year? that's probably going to get a good haul at the deadline. possibly even back to the preds!

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

neal is an UFA after this year? that's probably going to get a good haul at the deadline. possibly even back to the preds!

vegas fans better buy those Nealer jerseys fast!

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Can they trade a player back to the team they took him from or are there rules against that? I want him back

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Can they trade a player back to the team they took him from or are there rules against that? I want him back

No, they have to wait a full year. So they'd have to send him to another contender, but that shouldn't be a hard sell.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

No, they have to wait a full year. So they'd have to send him to another contender, but that shouldn't be a hard sell.

is that true? i've never heard of it, but i've never heard of a team wanting a guy back so soon. even if he was picked in the draft?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

is that true? i've never heard of it, but i've never heard of a team wanting a guy back so soon. even if he was picked in the draft?

That's the buyout rule I think, no idea if it applied to the expansion draft.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

That's the buyout rule I think, no idea if it applied to the expansion draft.

does it count for trades too?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

For the draft the player is ineligible for the team they came from until Jan 1 2018. I'm not sure if that's just direct trades from Vegas to the team or any avenue that gets the player to the team.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
....sooooo then how much is Vancouver giving up to get Sbisa back?

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

JawKnee posted:

for real. Nucks are going to finish bottom 5 again - and probably 31st, barring another Avalanche happening

I have faith Benning will do something stupid in the draft today. Is there an elite #1 pick next year? Even still the Canucks will lose the lottery like they will lose most of their games.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

JawKnee posted:

for real. Nucks are going to finish bottom 5 again - and probably 31st, barring another Avalanche happening

i'd say there's a good chance of another avalanche happening. to the avalanche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

....sooooo then how much is Vancouver giving up to get Sbisa back?

That implies they have assets to give up

That said, probably Jordan Subban and a pick

• Locked thread