Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

friedman said they were looking at gilman for assistant GM and that is honestly not a bad pairing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'm excited for this team, they can't be any worse than Columbus.

their first year team was led in scoring by Geoffrey Sanderson, Espen Knutsen, and Steve Heinze. I think Vegas will do better than that. I really hope.

e: so Dustin Brown looks like the best Heinze equivalent, Rick Nash is definitely the Geoff Sanderson tier sniper, and Espen Knutsen has to be Tyler Bozak. I take the BJs for sure

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 6, 2016

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

mark recchi bought a 0.1% share of the vegas team but had to relinquish his tiny ownership because he's still on the penguins payroll. what a silly boy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Icing a team of KHL players + good prospects actually doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. Get Radulov to sign with you, see if you can get New Jersey to do the Kovalchuk sign and trade or whatever. Maybe take a chance on some other KHLers that never really got a chance their first try at the NHL (Khoklachev with Boston comes to mind).

more KHLers to come

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/report-vegas-interested-in-dadonov-shipachyovs-khl-teammate/

getting guys who already play well together is a good idea and it will help give them the illusion of having multiple decent lines by being able to use them as a pair and settle your draft players elsewhere. if they actually do target Kovy or Radulov, they look fun as hell already

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

T-Bone posted:

man I wish the Devils were doing poo poo like this, they have plenty of TOI to hand out

Assuming that report was true, Kovalchuk is going to New York or Florida.

people were shouting that guy on twitter down as a bad source within minutes of the NY/FLA rumor coming up

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/876098726292488193

this god drat team is really gonna protect 4 d huh. have fun in vegas jon

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i am the bird posted:

I assume they'd trade him before exposing him. Still dumb, but not the dumbest possible option.

trading Marchy would be good but it seems like he would get some more value after the expansion draft if you just kept him. I would think Marchy has a lot more value to a team who just lost a good piece to the draft instead of a team who is still nailing down their protections

I am not really a fan of protecting 4D in any circumstance - forward-wise, you'll likely see Hubes/Barkov/Smith/Trocheck as the 4 protected. Yandle has to be protected and Ekblad will be for sure, the team is huge on Pysyk and it sounds like he is #3. they don't really seem to value Jason Demers because all of the writers close to the team have been saying everything is leaning towards protecting Petrovic over Demers. losing the ability to protect all of Bjugstad + Marchesseault + ______ (ideally Jokinen, realistically Sceviour?, and in the dark world, Cap'n Mac) in order to guarantee the presence of Alex Petrovic sounds kind of ridiculous. and I think Petro is pretty cool, and works out nicely as a 2nd pair guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lmfbo and crying bitterly if this is a real list

https://twitter.com/hfialkov/status/876423269800452096

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

grack posted:

I fully expect Anaheim to make a deal so LV doesn't take him, but why expose Vatanen over Fowler?

they really love fowler. he is quick and jumps up in the play but still capable of being physical and those are all very easy things to awe at from the eye test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/877451377340960768

this is okay. this is fine. this is just, great.

• Locked thread