Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Actually I don't think there is. could be wrong though.

There are 32 teams in the NFL but I can't tell if you're joking or not :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

sorry, I misread the post as asking about hockey leagues

Yeah actually I guess it could be read that way (and maybe makes more sense anyway?), and I have no idea if there are any over 30.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Zodijackylite posted:

An expansion draft is going to be pretty different than the last one for two reasons:
-The salary cap and floor. The new team needs to spend 55m, and competitive teams might want out of the later years of a big, long contract (i.e. Rick Nash)
-Teams are deeper than two lines now. Bottom six are no longer just "checking lines" where guys who aren't good get put, and the decline of the goon has led to more opportunity for the second/third line tweeners who were once top-six-or-bust.

I think I read that they need to get to at least 48 million? But it's still a good point. Also, teams have to expose certain amounts of salary too

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Vegas is only allowed to take one player per team, right?

Yeah they have to take exactly 1 from each team

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The expansion draft should include coaching staff and GMs too

• Locked thread