Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

OldSenileGuy posted:

This is gonna really suck for a few guys. You work hard and bust your rear end to finally become a 3rd or 4th liner guy with the big club, only to be picked in an expansion draft and sent down to the AHL affiliate of an expansion team.

Nah the expansion team will basically make some 3rd line guys a ton of money. Instead of fighting for minutes on a team with a real top 6 you get fed opportunities and minutes with a team that has no internal competition.

Kind of like how Palmieri went from the ducks, where he had trouble staying in the lineup, to the devils, where he was given as many PP minutes and opportunities as he could ever want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They should be thankful they even have a room to change in! There was nothing in the contract stipulating that the Creator needed to furnish them with a room!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mike_V posted:

How terrible would a Quebec City team be in terms of on-ice product? I imagine they would be even more stupid about wanting on Francophones on-ice and on the bench, which would seem to severely limit their competitive ability.

Very.

Maybe Montreal could go back to being the anglo team and stop fretting as much about French.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Duke Chin posted:

I'm not Canadian but I'm originally from California's Canada and you better god-drat-believe I'll be rolling down for Bruins games no matter the day of the week cause tickets from here to LV are stupid loving cheap during the winter. So are nice hotel rooms.

Where is this

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

pizza valentine posted:

The Knights hired Gerard Gallant to be their first head coach.

Checks out

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

all-Rush mixtape posted:

If it's a contest to correctly guess how many points they get in their first season, my pick is 60.

https://twitter.com/SchuckersM/status/860960833211432960

The general consensus from that was they'd finish somewhere between 80-90 points.

If you want to see teams that Darren Pang, Scott Cullen, and others picked, they're up on capfriendly (based on a protection list done at the conference). Scott Simmonds did one too but looks like he didn't post it publicly.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thufir posted:

Aside from goaltending, that Scott Cullen lineup action looks pretty fun. Though I'm not convinced all those guys go unprotected.

Yeah, the general thought was that there were some pretty obvious consensus picks, which is basically a red flag that the team needs to trade either that player or the player they protected in his stead. Examples: Dumba, Manson, Byron (this one surprised me a bit tbh)... a bunch of others I forget. Manson and Dumba were pretty unanimous though.

Also Vancouver is just dregs. There's nothing there. I picked Meygna in my list because goddamn that team is a wasteland of talent.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

a false posted:

i'm extremely skeptical of the idea that the islanders would leave hamonic unprotected

The thought was it would come down to him and de Haan. That's a real tough choice the make. The stat nerds prefer Calvin.

End of the day it goes back to the idea that teams like the Islanders are going to need to make trades.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cammaleri is good if he's healthy. Vegas is going to struggle to score and he can help there, plus probably be an asset flip next season. Bennett is a waiver wire player.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

pizza valentine posted:

Dumb questions: Since we have to take 30 guys and max roster size is 23, are guys going to get taken then cut or stashed right away? That seems lovely for those guys if so.

Duck Rodgers posted:

This is part of the reason that GMGM is interested in taking picks in exchange for not taking certain players. It would be stupid to take 30 NHLers, and then lose 7 or so on the waiver wire.

Also, some of the guys that are available are waiver exempt.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Cookies posted:

https://twitter.com/NHLnumbers/status/876546670028177408

Thank god the Isles have a deal to prote-WAIT, WHO?!

Oh COME ON.

Ugh. I'd want a lot from Anaheim to skip on both those guys. I guess they take... Etem?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

stab posted:

Uhh if he waived his nmc and vegas picks him doesnt the nmc become null and void?

No. Waiving for Vegas was strictly waiving for Vegas.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/877449715654082560

It's not Vatanen or Manson, but not a bad haul for Vegas here

Theodore is a better get than either of them. That's a real nice return for taking Stoner.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Probably the assumption that Theodore hasn't peaked yet, I'd think. I thought Theodore looked particularly good in the playoffs. I don't think Manson has either, but Theodore probably has a higher ceiling. Theodore was a beast in the WHL and the World Juniors, also. Good numbers in the AHL, the kid's gonna be a star.

Also do all these deals mean George has EIGHT first rounders this year? Even with a thin draft I have to assume you'll get 2-3 quality players out of the deal.

If you have 8 first round picks there are going to be a bunch of teams looking to get back into the first round. Even in a bad year. It would be shocking if Vegas picks more than 2 or 3 times in the first.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am shocked that George McPhee would pick a guy like Emelin. Just shocked.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
McPhee is a bad GM who was lucky to have drafted good goaltenders on a team with OV.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

AsInHowe posted:

Calvin Pickard to Vegas, from Colorado.

That's a good pick at least. Colorado is so bad.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilza posted:

Nikita Gusev, 2017 2nd and 2018 4th from Tampa for picking Garrison.

Considering the rest of Vegas's picks this is atrocious by Tampa.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Iodised QQ posted:

so the isles gave up a 2017 1st, 2019 2nd and a defenseman prospect Bischoff who will likely never play a game in the NHL to get rid of Grabovski's contract and have Vegas select JF Berube

That owns, the 2019 2nd hadn't been mentioned in earlier rumors but lol if you think humanity will still be around 2 years from now so who cares

Vegas traded Nelson (or De Haan) for a 1st, a future 2nd and a cash dump.

And people were talking poo poo about Snow a couple days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

is that true? i've never heard of it, but i've never heard of a team wanting a guy back so soon. even if he was picked in the draft?

For the draft the player is ineligible for the team they came from until Jan 1 2018. I'm not sure if that's just direct trades from Vegas to the team or any avenue that gets the player to the team.

• Locked thread