Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Krime posted:

Save your time until after the UFA period cools down. That will make things much more manageable.

I think potential protection lists will look a lot different now than next offseason, random players that no ones expecting always seem to break out or completely poo poo the bed over the course of the season

Like the Jets for example: they'll have to expose two of Lowry, Burmistrov, Copp, Armia or Dano, assuming they protect 4D+4Fs. At this point I'd say they'd probably expose Armia and Lowry, but who knows what the next year will bring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
They'll probably compete because the Pacific is trash. I expect they'll only have 3 playoff teams again

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Lessail posted:

Ask why everyone else only wants to poo poo on the team

Maybe we should wait before they actually make a good hockey related decision and not just a line of inexplicable ones before we get the fellatio line going bud

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
The Jets will probably lose Armia or Dano unless they trade Trouba for pieces that are automatically protected.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Anaheim is going to have to expose one of Fowler, Silfverberg, and Rakell unless they make a trade, too.

They'll probably just buyout Bieksa

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

is lawless the guy who kept dog whistling about kane and buff?

Lawless is a garbage reporter, but I don't think he's a racist.

Most of those poo poo articles came from the Winnipeg Sun, which if you know anything about Canadian media should make immediate sense to you

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I have a really hard time seeing a metro area less than 1 million people, even a Canadian one, being able to successfully support a team. Winnipeg has struggles and they're significantly larger than Halifax.

whut

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That's​ because their arenas location sucks, Winnipeg is considered cold by Canadian standards, and their ownership is cheap. They were voted least attractive by a player's poll.

Halifax might be able to avoid the ownership issues, and would give the maritimes their​ own team. They're also warmer. These things matter.

The MTS centre is right down town and the Jets have the richest ownership in the league and the second richest ownership in pro sports.

Winnipeg is about the smallest city that could support an NHL team. They have a similar population as Halifax+Saskatoon+Regina combined

A Typical Goon fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 14, 2017

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Jamwad Hilder posted:

They have the smallest arena in the league and can't sell out. They lost a team once already.

Apperently sports teams consider 99% attendance to be a sellout so by that metric they've sold out every single game for the past 6 seasons

They've also been between 10-20 in team revenue every year they've been in Winnipeg and have never had to accept revenue sharing from the league

So yeah, you're pretty wrong here. Unless over half the league have financial struggles?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Schlesische posted:

Aren't all tickets in Winnipeg season tickets?
In which case wouldn't all of them have been paid for well in advance?

I believe about 1500 tickets are held back for players families and team giveaways and stuff like that, but there are over 13000 season ticket holders. Winnipeg also has some of the most expensive tickets in the league and were eliminated from the playoffs early last season so it's not really surprising they'd have trouble getting rid a bunch of expensive end of season tickets after the Jets have been eliminated

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
With Mrazek, Raanta, Grubauer, Pickard etc all exposed why would McPhee take Fluery and not Hagelin or whatever? He can get a better goalie elsewhere, he'd be smart to take one of the Pens forwards

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Now the debate becomes is Vegas' best player De Haan or Neal. Rough either way

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe they're offering supplemental picks but not a first? Like a 1st this year, plus a 3rd, 4th and 5th in next year's draft?

That would still be awful. Most of these rumoured deals sound terrible for Vegas

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Hopefully Enstrom's NMC makes him an unpalatable choice for Vegas as they won't be able to easily flip him. I'd much rather lose Dano than Enstrom even if Dano is a decent middle 6 forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
https://twitter.com/pierrevlebrun/status/877500385325441025

This might actually not be awful

• Locked thread