Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
In fact, forget the hockey team! And the blackjack!

Ah, screw the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
Given how yawn-inducing many of the games have been this year, the name really ought to be the Las Vegas Nighty Knights.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
If anyone doesn't want to wait, the name and logo leaked. HFBoards' thread has it.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

This matches up pretty well with the Adidas teaser from earlier today. Either it's a really good fake, or it's the one.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Or maybe I'm just a big baby who hates new things.

I can't tell.

Meh... Could be worse, could be better. I was thinking they'd wind up with something glitzy and cartoonish, but I guess "simple" logos are in.

Just wait until the Hurricanes move to Quebec, though. I bet the Avs won't give up the old logo, and they wind up with something completely ridiculous.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Babe the Blue Ox/Paul Bunyan?

You want bad, try these rejected Buffalo names:

Would've loved to see their logo of an ice-skating John Sebastian.

Alternate logo - Mama Cass choking on a puck.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
So, it's not "LAS Vegas Golden Knights," but just "Vegas Golden Knights"?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

This is good, four words is too many.

Except the word that's cut should be Golden. Congrats on ten years of Golden Shower jokes Vegas, until he sells the team to someone who wises up and renames them he Nevada Knights or Nevada Scorpions.

Apparently, this is the third choice. "Black Knights" was the first, but Army wouldn't let them use it. Just "Knights" was the second, but the London Knights kiboshed that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

FBS posted:

https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey/status/876911008484175872

Not only would this be heartbreaking for us Jets fans, Enstrom seems like an objectively worse value than Dano given his remaining term and NMC.

Hopefully Dreger is full of poo poo.

Vegas won't keep everyone they take, and Enstrom's contract is up after next season. They might take him, then work out a trade to somewhere he'd want to go for futures.

• Locked thread