Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
My guess on THE CREATOR'S line of thought process:

Hmm... what are two of the most popular US franchises? Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Redwings... Awesome. Maybe we can use those names? NO? drat. How about Redblacks? What do you mean it's already taken? How about Black Wings? No - wrong demographic? How about Red Hawks? Maybe? Awesome, let's do it! Oh, sorry Adidas, let's not do it and do what ever you do.

btw, I am cool with Black Knights as a name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

HanabaL03 posted:

I'm pulling for "Desert Knights".

Prefer Dessert Knights in homage to all the buffets

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Seattle wants the NBA and the NHL wants Seattle so between both things will eventually happen and for the arena situation there should be a resolution sometime in 2017. City is in process for a RFP to redo Key Arena for either NBA/NHL or music/special events only. City has a hard on to not lose their asset and business for it. SODO new proposal won't move until that RFP is concluded.

Also, only the Mariners have been in opposition to Sodo. Seahawks & Sounders have been positive. The port has been the #1 opponent though citing more traffic concerns with an arena in their neighborhood. SODO group has agreed to traffic concessions that they'll pay for, and a scheduling agreement with the other 2 stadiums. SODO also has all transportation options to get to/from it: light rail, heavy rail, busses, ferries, convergence of multiple highways. Key Arena sight has busses only and light rail in 20 years.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

When I was a young gas jockey, many many moons ago... I'm pretty sure I got tipped a grand total of one (1) times that I can remember so, no.

You did it wrong, You're supposed to fill the tank to like $23.47 and get the $25.

Also aside from Oregon, New Jersey is also 100% full service fuel. I've had many odd situations trying to bring a rental car back to Newark and trying to find a gas station at like 0500 and then there's some Mark Henry looking dude that is looking pissed that you drove up.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Seems like the Blues are angling for their own AHL franchise as the 31st AHL franchise. Kansas city or Indianapolis make sense.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

No available arena, that is, except...

SAFECO FIELD

That's right, that's my wild card proposal, 420 winter classic e'ery day let's fuckin do it woo

But the Mariners might play in Oct --lol - never mind. Issue would be more so for April-May crossover dates.

But really, the sticking point seems to be that the city is set to host NCAA basketball tournament games in 2019, so no Key arena renovations till then. I think rules based on host team means they couldn't move to HecEd, but it would make more sense to swap with a location in the northwest in 2020 or 2021 but supposedly the NCAA doesnt like that.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

hifi posted:

was the "thunder bay-sudbury market" thing a joke? i thought one of the talking heads suggested it

Thunder Bay to Sudbury is 600 miles. that is not a market.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

all-Rush mixtape posted:

You'd think a Seattle NHL team's fanbase would hate ORCAs.

ORCA is the name of our transit card that works on 80% of transit options

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If someone can list 31 NFL teams, the one they're missing is probably the Titans.

When I went to super bowl 50 in SF, we took note of the jerseys kind of like a scavenger hunt. Titans were the only one not seen in 3 days. Next lowest was like 5 Jaguar jerseys but we thought they were being ironic. On our way home we did see a houston oilers jersey and decided to give the franchise some credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

JawKnee posted:

for real. Nucks are going to finish bottom 5 again - and probably 31st, barring another Avalanche happening

I have faith Benning will do something stupid in the draft today. Is there an elite #1 pick next year? Even still the Canucks will lose the lottery like they will lose most of their games.

• Locked thread