Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
League: http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/58011

PM me with your e-mail if you want in.

Spergs
Beer4TheBeerGod
Cervixalot
Azhais
Leperflesh
Spoeank
Mikey Purp
Veritek83
timp
RCarr
jabro
MrSargent

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Email sent.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am game as more FF is always better. You got my email from slow draft I for the invite (no PM) if that works.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Chen Kenichi posted:

I am game as more FF is always better. You got my email from slow draft I for the invite (no PM) if that works.

PMd you but I am still not sure I understand the slow draft. Just need a FF fix and badly!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Haven't got an invite from MFL yet.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Haven't got an invite from MFL yet.

Same

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I just tried my email with each franchise until it worked, like with the last league. I get the feeling there's a better way, but I don't know what it is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Veritek83 posted:

I just tried my email with each franchise until it worked, like with the last league. I get the feeling there's a better way, but I don't know what it is.

Yeah that worked for me last time but I just tried it with all unclaimed franchises and no dice, so I don't think I've actually been given one yet.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer, you can go to 'Franchise Setup' as the commish, and once you've entered everyone's emails under the franchises, there's a checkbox you can click that once you hit save, will send every franchise a login help email.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

how many people you got? have I given enough time to people who weren't in the last one to get in?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Varg posted:

how many people you got? have I given enough time to people who weren't in the last one to get in?

Just ran out, sorry. Next time!

Also I sent out invites to everyone who's in!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
89 is on the clock! Rounds will be 12 hours.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks for the invite! In as Turnin' and Burnin'.

Will be interesting drafting last for the first time.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Curious to see how this one turns out. I wanted to effort a different approach if I got in so hopefully one of you decides to go a similar route and I can see how the team looks like.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My strategy is to draft all good players I hope none of you follow suit

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

That's just what you want us to think. Your mind games don't fool me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My strategy is to only draft players who grew up west of the Rockies, went to college east of the Mississippi, and plays for NFL teams south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah I was able to get in. Also I did not wait for other people to get in first, because gently caress those other people, this is all about me and my draft.

I am now trying to remember how to get audacity to clip a piece of an MP3. God this software is unintuitive.

e. oh you have to not be paused. You click stop and then you can cut the clip you selected. OK. Also oh yeah you gotta install a separate LAME encoder for some goddamn reason.

Slow & Low is ready to roll.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 24, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Spoeank posted:

My strategy is to draft all good players I hope none of you follow suit

I should try this some time.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Are the roster settings the same as last time? They look weird on the site:

Starting Lineup Setup
Total Starters: 10
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs: 1
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting Defs: 1

Does that mean the other 6 players can be any combination of RB/WR or something?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Are the roster settings the same as last time? They look weird on the site:

Starting Lineup Setup
Total Starters: 10
Number of Starting QBs: 1
Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs: 1
Number of Starting PKs: 1
Number of Starting Defs: 1

Does that mean the other 6 players can be any combination of RB/WR or something?

I probably hosed up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, I fixed it. MFL's UI is weird.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
01.01 - ANTONIOOOOOOOOOOOOO Brown

Obvious pick here. Best player in the draft. Not much to be said.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft is on! Clock is 12 Hours!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1.2 Odell Beckham, Jr.
I could have taken Julio but in best ball I'd rather have the guy who is most likely to put up a 30 point game on any given sunday than the guy who is likely to average slightly more points across the season. Also I think Matt Ryan continues to regress this year.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

1.2 Odell Beckham, Jr.
I could have taken Julio but in best ball I'd rather have the guy who is most likely to put up a 30 point game on any given sunday than the guy who is likely to average slightly more points across the season. Also I think Matt Ryan continues to regress this year.

What is this best ball you speak of?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MrSargent posted:

What is this best ball you speak of?

This league is a version of an MFL10, or best ball league. No in-season waivers or lineup setting, the system will automatically count your highest scoring players in the starting lineup each week.

Meaning guys like DJax who are more boom/bust are more valuable in these leagues, since you can take advantage of their big weeks without having to hem and haw when to start or sit.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cervixalot posted:

This league is a version of an MFL10, or best ball league. No in-season waivers or lineup setting, the system will automatically count your highest scoring players in the starting lineup each week.

Meaning guys like DJax who are more boom/bust are more valuable in these leagues, since you can take advantage of their big weeks without having to hem and haw when to start or sit.

More specifically MFL allows you do do an infinite number of draft-only leagues which serves to seed their ADP database and as an added bonus the mock drafts you do are scored best ball throughout the season so you can be sad that all of your mock teams ended up better than your real ones.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
1.3 Julio Jones
I'm a huge Julio fan. I think I'd take him over OBJ. My thinking runs directly counter to Leperflesh on this one- I think Matt Ryan is probably going to improve this season- at least on paper. Last year was the second fewest TDs for him since he entered the league. I like the Sanu signing and drafting Austin Hooper can't be a bad thing. I think with the second year of Kyle Shanahan, the offense will hopefully bounce back a bit from last year and Jones should eat.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1.4 - LeVeon Bell

Injury risk be damned. Hoping for 2014 LevBell instead of 2015.

Frankly I hate the first round RBs but the upside is too drat high.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
1.07 - Todd Gurley

This is my 1.01 pick as of right now. When an explosive SEC back explodes onto the scene in his rookie year, you do NOT want to miss out on his sophomore year in the pros.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

timp posted:

1.07 - Todd Gurley

This is my 1.01 pick as of right now. When an explosive SEC back explodes onto the scene in his rookie year, you do NOT want to miss out on his sophomore year in the pros.

I hate you.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Camp reports haven't been kind to Jared Golff and Gurley couldn't do anything once defenses realized the Rams couldn't throw the ball. I'm not touching the guy this year. I benched him in my championship game last year.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

89 posted:

Camp reports haven't been kind to Jared Golff and Gurley couldn't do anything once defenses realized the Rams couldn't throw the ball. I'm not touching the guy this year. I benched him in my championship game last year.

I checked because I think you are crazy and he had 79 total yards with a TD in week 16 which is usually championship week. If your championship week was week 17 for some reason he was 90 total yards with a TD. This was against Tampa and Seattle. Not too shabby against the #11 and #1 rushing defenses last year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gurley did dip off for a few weeks but he was probably adjusting to the adjustment.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
1.05 David Johnson

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Frankly I hate the first round RBs but the upside is too drat high.

That about sums it up. David Johnson was a beast towards the last half of 2015 and I'm banking on him maintaining and exceeding that level of production as he becomes more comfortable in his role as the bellcow of a balanced and super productive offense.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

1.09 - Dez Bryant

While I wanted a RB here since I like the WRs better than the RBs in my draft range during rounds 2 and 3 I just can't take a rookie RB even if he is behind that Cowboys line. In the first round I like taking someone I know can produce in the NFL especially, if Romo can keep his back and clavicle in their respective locations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I thought I had the #7 pick and only queued 7 players (because I'm a dumb idiot who can't count). I have to draft when I get home. Sorry nerds.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Man, it's a slow draft, you get 12 hours. It's fine. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

The good thing about this league is that the average fantasy intelligence of the people here is much higher than in my main leagues.

The bad thing about this league is that the average fantasy intelligence of the people here is much higher than in my main leagues.

• Locked thread