Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its legit a relatable startup story and i find it bizarre how much of my career maps to mike judge workplace comedies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well, i mean, he fucks

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

trilljester posted:

I think the reason this show is so amazing is that I (and I assume most of you) have encountered every character in this show in real life. Very much like Office Space in that sense.

i encounter them daily (with love, of course) and i legit thing peter is a template for my future success since all the lovely things in his life have lined up with mine in a shocking manor :\

Xaris posted:

:agreed: he was also the best in Party Down (which was a good show)

he was amazing there and it was part of the reason i went and watched freaks and geeks

Virigoth posted:

Someone drew a burndown chart on one of our white boards the other day. loving idiot. I ran my hand through that poo poo. Get your JIRA on.

i need to show the spritns clip to my coworkers, hell, the whole show

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

online friend posted:

silicon valley is real good because it's actually funny

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

its funny because its true

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

like save yourself the effort of reading the tech bubble thread and just watch this show

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beast of Bourbon posted:

silicon valley is really funny if you've ever worked in "Tech" on the west coast.

several of my friends are archetypes of the people on that show, and they either find it uproariously funny or can't watch because it hits too close to home.

this hit pretty drat close but boy it's true though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-b7-fLOjlY

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

nice theranos burn

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm really having trouble parsing this transformation

it's like he got replaced by a pod person and it's an imperfect copy

ever leave a can of coke in a warm car? thats what being a vc in sv is like

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

rich waspy gay son

please dont out me on the forums

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bump_fn posted:

why the long skull jim

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

online friend posted:

i've never worked in silicon valley, but the show is accurate as a parody of tech culture at large

i know a person that i've either worked with or met in a professional setting that matches every single main character on that show, and it's always so weird to me

i think i said it before in another thread but it really feels like they nailed the dynamic of a small startup based on what ive done

the big corporate side ball pit is totally a valley thing, but the dynamic bullshit gavin pulls feels like itd be believable in any massive company. his spin skills are almost too real and i swear ive seen emails that feel just like his compression apology

• Locked thread