Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Shut up I am just watching it now. It's a great show, it makes me happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also if you ever think that you've been to the whitest place in the world and you haven't been to a bluegrass festival then you are wrong.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Aww they got the schrodinger cat thought experiment wrong like everyone does :(

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

bluegrass is just the prog rock of country music

Bluegrass is basically amazing musicians jamming, its sweet.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

bump_fn posted:

when was this i don't remember

They said something like "By checking on the state of something you have caused it to be in that state."

Schrodinger used the thought experiment to express how silly and non-logical the idea of collapsing a superposition of states is. Of course cat isn't both alive and dead, that is stupid, it is one or the other. You just don't know which one.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

bump_fn posted:

img-jerkoff motion.gif

nonlocal hidden variables violate locality and therefore are just as dumb

actually locality is probably not a great assumption. It pops up in the advanced potential solution to maxwell's equations for example.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So why is he even talking about the space vs tab poo poo when he also mentions emacs vs vim (where he is wrong) which BOTH have auto indenting

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
There is a helmet they give to babies to fix their heads when they get all weird and misshapen.

It's sort of funny because in the early 90s there was a campaign to put babies to sleep on their backs to prevent sudden infant death syndrome, and it actually worked. Turns out babies are so weak that they can suffocate because they can't turn their heads away from the mattress of their cribs. Anyway, it lead to a shitload of super wonky shaped heads and now those kids are entering their 20s.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

my eldest sons head is a bit flat on the back coz of this and with younger son we just cared less about him always being on his back so he his skull is normally shaped but honestly you can't barely tell but I guess some people were really strict about it and now I want to see weird-skulls

http://earlystartpt.com/early-signs-to-look-for/head-shape-deformities/

http://www.starbandkids.com/

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool? A million BEES *bees pour out of the ceiling and walls*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
God damnit i just realized I need to wait until 2017 to see more of this show

• Locked thread