Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
I have to explain to the normies I know that have regular jobs that all the poo poo on that show is legit wacky software day to day culture and not hyperbole. I show them pictures of the all-you-can-eat cereal bar and ball pit and kegs, etc we have at work that is ridiculous and articles about things they parody on the show and articles about the real things they parody as the explanation "everything in this show is painfully legit." It's really bizarre that watching the show with these people reminds me that these workplaces are not normal in the least because I am so used to this poo poo I don't give it a second thought about 5 person conf bikes, etc when I watch it by myself.

I loving love that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Agile Vector posted:

its funny because its true

This. And Guilfoyle is best char with OJ (other Jared) as close second IMO.

One of the only things that I was skeptical about in the beginning was the robot island thing Peter Gregory (Peter Thiel) was building but I looked it up and, of course, he was planning to manufacture a robot libertarian fantasy island. I ended up interviewing at Palantir a while back and after being in that office everything about Peter Gregory (Thiel) made perfect sense after that.

• Locked thread