Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stereotype posted:

Aww they got the schrodinger cat thought experiment wrong like everyone does :(

when was this i don't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stereotype posted:

Of course cat isn't both alive and dead, that is stupid, it is one or the other. You just don't know which one.

this is wrong since hidden variables are in disagreement w bells inequality fwiw

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

coffeetable posted:

local hidden variables are

img-jerkoff motion.gif

nonlocal hidden variables violate locality and therefore are just as dumb

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Gazpacho posted:

reminder that "silicon vallye" is a construct and mike judge is an enthusiastic alex jones fan

who isn't an alex jones fan

https://vine.co/v/ilgMphHJaQd

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

coffeetable posted:

i am way more willing to accept nonlocality than i am true randomness

theres nothing random about decoherence

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Stereotype posted:

actually locality is probably not a great assumption. It pops up in the advanced potential solution to maxwell's equations for example.

maxwells equations are classical and are a well posed causal cauchy problem w causal local evolution (w constraints, is that what you're concerned about? gauss' law?) but almost all of modern physics is based on local quantum field theory (i'm not going to get into quantum gravity but even there things are ``pretty'' local in something like string theory)

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
party down is better than silicon valley cause you dont have to be a spoiled white tech boy to appreciate it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
there was a new yorker article about how some sv people act like they like the show because hey want to seem cool even tho they hate being made fun of etc

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/how-silicon-valley-nails-silicon-valley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

why the long skull jim

• Locked thread