Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

its good, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the show and bluegrass both, i mean

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

coffeetable posted:

i am way more willing to accept nonlocality than i am true randomness

nerd

bump_fn posted:

theres nothing random about decoherence

nerd

Stereotype posted:

actually locality is probably not a great assumption. It pops up in the advanced potential solution to maxwell's equations for example.

nerd

bump_fn posted:

maxwells equations are classical and are a well posed causal cauchy problem w causal local evolution (w constraints, is that what you're concerned about? gauss' law?) but almost all of modern physics is based on local quantum field theory (i'm not going to get into quantum gravity but even there things are ``pretty'' local in something like string theory)

nerd

bump_fn posted:

img-jerkoff motion.gif

nonlocal hidden variables violate locality and therefore are just as dumb

nerd

coffeetable posted:

local hidden variables are

nerd

PleasingFungus posted:

yeah, most people don't realize that was trying to make that point. but...

the thing is, as I understand it, he was wrong. the superposition of states is profoundly unintuitive, but it's also the mainstream interpretation of quantum physics.

nerd

bump_fn posted:

this is wrong since hidden variables are in disagreement w bells inequality fwiw

nerd

• Locked thread