Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
My uncle who has turned borderline insane after becoming a hardcore Christian says the reason why no laws/anything gets done in us politics in general is because we still live under martial law since we declared war on the south and it hasn't been lifted yet.

Can any goon confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

EorayMel posted:

My uncle who has turned borderline insane after becoming a hardcore Christian says the reason why no laws/anything gets done in us politics in general is because we still live under martial law since we declared war on the south and it hasn't been lifted yet.

Can any goon confirm.

The federal government permanently changed in a number of key ways over the course of the war.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

EorayMel posted:

Can any goon confirm.

That doesn't quite line up with my understanding of US politics and history, but that might only be because of the corresponding 155 year old media blackout, so I'd go with what he says.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hope no Republicans trigger these Democrats. Someone should ensure they have a safe space.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

EorayMel posted:

Can any goon confirm.

This is true why just the other day my neighbor screamed 'gently caress YANKEES' at the local garrison and they just executed him right then and there.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
By all means, US should continue with the current gun ownership/legislation, after all, it worked out so well this year.

People who don't understand that being able to buy a gun online with 0 accountability are either trolls, have stakes in the gun industry or are so painfully stupid I am surprised they are able to breathe.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If you buy a gun online they ship it to a gun store and then the gun store gives you a background check. Maybe it's you who is the retard?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Yes but what will we do about the insidious Slavs?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Just buy a flamethrower online no one's gonna give you any guff over that unless you're in CA or Maryland.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Late to the thread but if the two parties are just the same and the dems want to differentiate themselves. Is t it a better bet to vote for a scary but relatively normal terrible politician than a genuinely retarded businessman who turns everything he touches into poo poo?

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The Kingfish posted:

If you buy a gun online they ship it to a gun store and then the gun store gives you a background check. Maybe it's you who is the retard?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

plain blue jacket posted:

Yes but what will we do about the insidious Slavs?

look, slavs only understand one thing: force. they are a savage and primitive people. we just need to kill a bunch of them, maybe bomb a few of their cities, so they know we are the big kid on the playground, then they'll fall in line

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Outrail posted:

Late to the thread but if the two parties are just the same and the dems want to differentiate themselves. Is t it a better bet to vote for a scary but relatively normal terrible politician than a genuinely retarded businessman who turns everything he touches into poo poo?

Trump is less turn things into poo poo and more good at selling people things that never had value in the first place. He also is quite good at exploiting the law so as to be advantageous for himself.

So like most other politicians.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Trump is the empty promises "hope and change" candidate for repups, hth.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
This dog and pony show is shameful. Why is there so much focus on guns? Gun deaths aren't nearly as big a concern as pit bull attacks, but I have yet to see a sit in by any Congress member demanding a national breed ban.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Captain Gordon posted:

By all means, US should continue with the current gun ownership/legislation, after all, it worked out so well this year.

People who don't understand that being able to buy a gun online with 0 accountability are either trolls, have stakes in the gun industry or are so painfully stupid I am surprised they are able to breathe.

this is why you guys make zero headway and just result in mgs

mo'
guns
sold

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
if you sit down it makes it easier for the pitbulls to get at your face

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
If someone wants to ban something that's already illegal, I say all the power to them. I'm not going to argue with that. What's the point?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
fill my rear end in a top hat with cola and gently caress me with your mentosdick

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Captain Gordon posted:

Last time I bought a gun online, it had to be shipped to a store, the store did a background check for $40, then I got my gun. This was in WA state, that was the only way I could legally buy a gun online, due to the law.

The 1st thing people should do is understand the current gun laws. Then you can cry about how it's not restrictive enough, way too restrictive, or whatever the gently caress. But there is actually a starting point.

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Lots of people on my Facebook is falling for this :facepalm:

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

What website are u buying guns where people ship right to you? stdh.com?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Eliminate fertilizer! Ban oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and sulfur!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

its not even a real gun control bill its just to prevent people who were put on a list without trial from buying guns

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

reminder that goons are goddamn idiots when it comes to understanding policy or politics

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Prettz posted:

reminder that goons are goddamn idiots

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Prettz posted:

reminder that goons are goddamn idiots when it comes to understanding policy or politics

Yeah we goons raised how much for Obama? Dark times those days...

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they shoudl call them "house femmes", because they love dick. Add this to the op

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

slap my face with your dick and calculate the slut recoil

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

treat me like a lady in the parlor a whore in the bedroom and a target at the range

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-house-vows-continue-gun-control-protests-house/story?id=40045649

Democratic Party representatives in the House recently ended a sit-in protest they had held since yesterday to try to force Speaker Paul Ryan to put two bills up for a vote. They are physically sitting on the floor and chanting to prevent the House from doing business.

Were the Democrats working this hard to pass bills that would end our 12+ year long occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan?

um why would we do thi- oh, we did and look what happened

Close Gitmo?

:rolleyes: great idea let's give up our military foothold in a hostile neighboring country

Provide a path to citizenship for the millions of immigrants working in America right now?

I like how much like your heroes Crooked Hillary and her muslim overlord Obama you are very careful to avoid using the term "illegal" like a good little neolib

Raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour?

Sorry but if you're making less than $15/hr and aren't a) in high school b) severely mentally handicapped, your labor isn't worth even close to $15/hr

Force companies to provide paid sick leave?

every company worth working for already does this :ssh:

Increase Social Security benefits?

I like your vague wording and lack of specific detail here, only "make benefit more!"

Allow citizens to buy healthcare coverage through Medicare at actual cost?

hahahahahahaha im not even going to bother justifying this one with a response

No, to all of these.

One of the bills is designed to force people who buy and/or sell a gun through online classifieds or gun shows to go to a gun store (a private business that has a strong financial incentive to make it difficult for a private seller to sell a gun) and pay whatever price the gun store owner asks for a background check.

The other bill removes constitutional rights from people that are put on a secret list of bad guys compiled by unelected, unaccountable, and unknown people at the FBI, using secret criteria.

Although spun as a response to the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, neither of these bills would have prevented Omar Mateen from purchasing the weapons he used in the attack. Nor would either of these bills prevented any of the high-profile mass shootings in recent years. Not to mention that the Republicans have 54 votes in the Senate.

Clearly the Democrats are trying to differentiate themselves from Republicans before the November elections, and since that is almost impossible to do on issues like militarism or trade or banking reform because of who their Presidential nominee is going to be, they need to find something, anything, that could trick some voters into believing that there is a real difference between the two parties. Poll numbers show that the coordinated media blitz designed to take down Trump isn’t getting much traction, so there must be panic at Dem HQ recently and they decided that a little dramatic political theater with no real risk of actually passing any laws was a wise use of their time. In other words, they are throwing stuff at the wall and hoping some of it will stick.

You know what I'm not gonna argue this, it's essentially all correct

Due to stunning incompetence on the part of my local Democratic Party my Representative in the House is a Republican.

You're really chalking up the fact that Castor is a republican to the fact that the dems in Hillsborough loving county are incompetent? :laffo: come on man

The Democrats didn’t even run anyone against him pretty sure Kathy Castor isn't a man but I could be wrong :v: in the last election in a district that went for Obama twice. But if you have a Democratic representative I’d suggest that you call his/her office and tell them that you see through their charade and that you demand action on any one of the dozens of issues more important than toothless symbolic votes on gun control. http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Overall I was gonna vote the thread 2.5/5 but I am forced to round down, sorry OP

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

Overall I was gonna vote the thread 2.5/5 but I am forced to round down, sorry OP

Tell me about your IT career OP. How's the programming coming?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Revenants Return posted:

Tell me about your IT career OP. How's the programming coming?

pretty good, I work for an I/O psychology company that makes and markets software to perform analysis on industry average payrates and how to optimize them against the lowest statistical mean.

Sorry companies want to stay competitive and there's a large market for our products lol

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
AH DEEMAND TO GET PAID $15.00/HR AT MY PART TIME JOB AS A CASHIER AT THE LOCAL LARD STORE TO SUPPLEMENT MY SOCIAL SECURRRTY AND PAID TIME OFF FOR MAH WEDDIN' TO REBUS

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

pretty good, I work for an I/O psychology company that makes and markets software to perform analysis on industry average payrates and how to optimize them against the lowest statistical mean.

Sorry companies want to stay competitive and there's a large market for our products lol

Nice, what does your girlfriend think?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Revenants Return posted:

Nice, what does your girlfriend think?

What an odd question to ask, care to clarify?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

You mean all those things republicans openly declared they would obstruct as soon as Obama got elected?
keep yer gubbermint regulations outta my private, private, private business :bahgawd:
2000-2008: If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
2009: Government secret agencies, secret agendas, secret, unaccountable, :tinfoil:, the military budget is out of control, I know we didn't raise taxes during the war but where did all this debt suddenly come from!
Thanks for your Facebook chainposts, you dumbass.

Look at this fool who can't help but talk about republicans in a thread exclusively about democrats. lol

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

spacetoaster posted:

Look at this fool who can't help but talk about republicans in a thread exclusively about democrats. lol
??? the whole thing is about republicans blocking the holding of a vote.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

Prettz posted:

??? the whole thing is about republicans blocking the holding of a vote.

The bills they asked to vote upon were already dead in the Senate and were going nowhere. The sit-in was just an excuse to grandstand and use civil rights imagery to portray themselves as something other than ineffectual dunces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I can't wait for Trump to deport all the Browns

• Locked thread