Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Al! posted:

People being gunned down randomly daily is a pretty big issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didn't say "more important issues" i said "OTHER important issues" fyi~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

But this sit-in isn't about the police violence. :confused:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

it's good because dylann roof, the aurora shooter, and the connecticut shooter were all on the terrorist list so they would have been prevented

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
much like fiddy in the hit action-adventure shooter game 50 Cent: Bulletproof and 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, what really, truly matters to me is that no one try to steal my platinum diamond skull, and sometimes you need guns to ensure that happens and to wear body armor all the time in case people with guns come after your skull. its a vicious cycle, to be a platinum diamond skull-haver.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Remember the same day as sandy hook some guy stabbed a bunch of kids at a Chinese school but none of them got killed? I wonder what Thomas Friedman would say about that

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Barks posted:

it's good because dylann roof, the aurora shooter, and the connecticut shooter were all on the terrorist list so they would have been prevented

Didn't Roof's mom buy him the gun

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Al! posted:

i agree ban the police

edit:beat like powercrazy was a cop

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I agree, we should disarm the police

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i didn't say disarm

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

you know that kickstarter for barkley 2, theres some guy that's designing thousands of gun sprites by hand but as far as i can tell otherwise they've completely stopped working on the game. it's a lot like those clown's in congress!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

And I didn't say what we would do to them after we disarmed them

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
what if we just make a bullet cost $10,000.00?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the common element with all these mass shooters seems to be long-term exposure to america so maybe we should have the cdc look into why being around america makes people crazy as hell

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

the common element with all these mass shooters seems to be long-term exposure to america so maybe we should have the cdc look into why being around america makes people crazy as hell

Making people get a mental health screening once/year to keep their health insurance wouldn't be a bad thing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I blame (spins wheel of mass shooting scapegoats) the Jews. Hmm, this one hasn't come up in a long time

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Laphroaig posted:

what if we just make a bullet cost $10,000.00?

thanks chris rock

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Making people get a mental health screening once/year to keep their health insurance wouldn't be a bad thing

i could see insurance companies making this into an excuse to be huge piles of poo poo, in new and fashionable ways

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Al! posted:

I blame (spins wheel of mass shooting scapegoats) the Jews. Hmm, this one hasn't come up in a long time

:woop:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

i could see insurance companies making this into an excuse to be huge piles of poo poo, in new and fashionable ways

Well they already kind of do it at general checkups - but it's just a checklist of "on a scale of 1-10 how often do you feel suicidal" and nothing thorough. I don't think general practitioners are allowed to refer someone to a psychologist unless the patient volunteers information.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Homework Explainer posted:

thanks chris rock

there are two types of black people in this world

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

More plausible then blaming objects that have no agency for the actions of the people who use them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Forums poster calls global Jewish conspiracy to engineer mass shootings "plausible"

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Powercrazy posted:

But this sit-in isn't about the police violence. :confused:

:thurman:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Powercrazy posted:

More plausible then blaming objects that have no agency for the actions of the people who use them.

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/its-honor-continue-being-valued-over-countless-hum-53094

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

We have no way of monitoring and regulating the sale of unsafe products, but all we have to do is fix insanity and terrorism. Why don't dumbocraps get on that one

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

We have no way of monitoring and regulating the sale of unsafe products, but all we have to do is fix insanity and terrorism. Why don't dumbocraps get on that one

Guns are extremely safe though? I can't even remember the last time I even heard of a gun malfunctioning. Is there something specific you are thinking of?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the other thing thats real "cool" is how quick liberals apparently are to treat this as insignificant political theater, as if pervasive state surveillance, widespread infiltration of communities by hostile secret police, and the rest of it is all just a way for John Oliver's writing crew to score some DEVASTATING burns on gun lobbyists

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

a lot of the same people will also dismiss concerns about watch list racism here then turn around and say free higher education is bad because it's too racist

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Due Process? Bah, belongs in the dustbin of history. Obviously only criminalsterrorists have anything to fear from secret lists based on secret intelligence.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
i think we need a more involved and wider-ranging US drone assassination policy, maybe we can start killing ppl on the no-fly-list outright, since if you're too dangerous to get on a plane, you're probably too dangerous to let live

gotta do some catchy names on it, maybe, "Too Dangerous To Fly? Its Better If They Die"

or "Can't Get On A Plane? Then We Should Maim"

or "Due Process is Killing US / Lets Turn all Suspected Terrorists Into Dust / Burma Shave"

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Laphroaig posted:

i think we need a more involved and wider-ranging US drone assassination policy, maybe we can start killing ppl on the no-fly-list outright, since if you're too dangerous to get on a plane, you're probably too dangerous to let live

gotta do some catchy names on it, maybe, "Too Dangerous To Fly? Its Better If They Die"

or "Can't Get On A Plane? Then We Should Maim"

or "Due Process is Killing US / Lets Turn all Suspected Terrorists Into Dust / Burma Shave"

Yes, stopping someone from owning a gun is the same as executing them.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Xandu posted:

i respect your point but do you have a catchy jingle for it?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

yes it would

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Whoa! That's obviously too far. People on the no-fly list should only be forced to register their location to the authorities as if they were convicted sex offenders.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Xandu posted:

What about restricting their first amendment rights as well? After all what if they start associating with people and turning them into terrorists?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Whoa! That's obviously too far. People on the no-fly list should only be forced to register their location to the authorities as if they were convicted sex offenders.

Just common sense really.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

american: how do we solve this problem?

dumbocrats: further empower insurance companies!!

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Xandu posted:

How about stopping someone from owning a gun based on who they associate with, what they say, and how they pray?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

How about stopping someone from owning a gun based on who they associate with, what they say, and how they pray?

drat. You might be on to something. What should we call this new law enforcement tool? And can we apply it so that it dictates access to other social programs?

IMO, a terrorist shouldn't be allowed to collect welfare either.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Depends who they associate with :)

Look, I get the criticism and don't disagree with it. My position is anything that results in fewer people being able to buy guns is a net positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

gently caress yea dude. I would feel a lot safer if people on known hate sites/members of hate groups couldn't own guns. Would've stopped Storm Roof.

• Locked thread