Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

EugeneJ posted:

"You've made enough money off black people, John - they've suffered enough"

lol

Also Democrats are garbage, but that's only because people are garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's not about the bill, it's about making republicans go on record to choose between the NRA and national security.

Seems like a false dichotomy to me.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

People being gunned down randomly daily is a pretty big issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this sit-in isn't about the police violence. :confused:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

I blame (spins wheel of mass shooting scapegoats) the Jews. Hmm, this one hasn't come up in a long time

More plausible then blaming objects that have no agency for the actions of the people who use them.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

We have no way of monitoring and regulating the sale of unsafe products, but all we have to do is fix insanity and terrorism. Why don't dumbocraps get on that one

Guns are extremely safe though? I can't even remember the last time I even heard of a gun malfunctioning. Is there something specific you are thinking of?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Due Process? Bah, belongs in the dustbin of history. Obviously only criminalsterrorists have anything to fear from secret lists based on secret intelligence.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Xandu posted:

Yes, stopping someone from owning a gun is the same as executing them.

What about restricting their first amendment rights as well? After all what if they start associating with people and turning them into terrorists?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Whoa! That's obviously too far. People on the no-fly list should only be forced to register their location to the authorities as if they were convicted sex offenders.

Just common sense really.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

How about stopping someone from owning a gun based on who they associate with, what they say, and how they pray?

drat. You might be on to something. What should we call this new law enforcement tool? And can we apply it so that it dictates access to other social programs?

IMO, a terrorist shouldn't be allowed to collect welfare either.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Xandu posted:

Or you redefine what it means, and provided Clinton wins, there's a pretty good chance that'll happen.

I don't see how this sets any different of a precedent than the no fly list already does. Surely freedom of movement/repatriation is also protected.

The No Fly list is unchallenged, but I'd say is unconstitutional as well.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

but now anyone who wants to get rid of the list altogether is going to be accused of making it easier for terrorists and other undesirables to buy guns

Yep. Wouldn't want to look "soft on terror."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
As an accelerationist I think taking away the rights of more people will make them realize why due process is good.

• Locked thread