Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Cain's tokasatsu design is incredible

Cake Attack posted:

for real, there's no battle subs? That's pretty sloppy

Probably my only nitpick but I can look past it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If the battle stops to pop up a dialogue box for story reasons there's subtitles but otherwise no, and the characters talk a lot, mostly just standard 'Get him!' and 'Attack now!' stuff but sometimes it's more specific or they do like a little intro speech and none of that has subs.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Not gonna lie, between this, Planet Robobot and SMT IV: A, nintendo (largely from Atlus support) is making up for what I was initially viewing as a pessimistic year. I'm not a big enough Zelda fan to be as hyped as everyone else, but this is super fun.

Hopefully Atlus goes all out and completes my year by announcing a western release date for Etrian Odyssey V

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sakurazuka posted:

If the battle stops to pop up a dialogue box for story reasons there's subtitles but otherwise no, and the characters talk a lot, mostly just standard 'Get him!' and 'Attack now!' stuff but sometimes it's more specific or they do like a little intro speech and none of that has subs.

Bummer, that's something that probably could have been fixed but it's hardly a deal breaker. It just gives me space to make up my own shouty dialogue for the characters.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The end boss of the second dungeon really doesn't mess around, at least on hard mode. Rush does over 300 damage to Itsuki without Rakukaja up. Beat it, but the fight ate through a bunch of my curries.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

SylvainMustach posted:

Not gonna lie, between this, Planet Robobot and SMT IV: A, nintendo (largely from Atlus support) is making up for what I was initially viewing as a pessimistic year. I'm not a big enough Zelda fan to be as hyped as everyone else, but this is super fun.

Hopefully Atlus goes all out and completes my year by announcing a western release date for Etrian Odyssey V

Pessimistic year from 3ds and WiiU, I'm assuming.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Tae posted:

Pessimistic year from 3ds and WiiU, I'm assuming.

Should've said Nintendo in general. Meant to say it was distracting me from a not so upbeat wii u year. I think the 3DS has actually had some good stuff coming out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hell yeahhhhhhhh got my special edition

is there any point to using the gamepad or can i use the pro controller like an adult, playing an anime idol video gam

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Super No Vacancy posted:

hell yeahhhhhhhh got my special edition

is there any point to using the gamepad or can i use the pro controller like an adult, playing an anime idol video gam

You can get text messages on your gamepad. It's like your phone or something

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmmm gently caress idont wanna use the gamepad

i got stickers

art book looks nice

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does wii u let me use my disc save with a digital version if the load times drive me crazy a week from now

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Just got the ticket after meeting Goodman. Where am I supposed to go? I can tell there's a ton of people crowding around, but I can't seem to go into 106.

vv: durhhhhh

Bogart fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 24, 2016

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Bogart posted:

Just got the ticket after meeting Goodman. Where am I supposed to go? I can tell there's a ton of people crowding around, but I can't seem to go into 106.

Talk to Tsubasa in front of Barry's studio.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I fired this up for a bit just now. I was prepared to hate it, but... game seems good so far?

I like the chat logs on the Gamepad. Very cute touch and a nice bit of characterization. My main worry about the game turned out to be groundless: you CAN, in fact, turn off the voice acting entirely.

I don't yet know if that also disables the singing, but if turning of the voices also turns off the J-pop... I admit I will not be too upset.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
here's my hot take: this game sucks.

I'd be interested in seeing what the launch day/week sales are like in NA/EU compared to Japan, though.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you suck imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soundtrack is top loving tier

Also

Cake Attack posted:

you suck imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*20 minutes in* i want a sequel

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

you suck imo

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

you suck imo

I'm flattered you feel the need to keep pointing it out, instead of just not paying attention.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So what I'm hearing is I should get this game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

It's good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the menus and aesthetic and music are all v cool

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
https://twitter.com/AlfalfaTheRoach/status/746457480738312193

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barry Goodnan, guitarist for famous American band Megadeth.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Super No Vacancy posted:

does wii u let me use my disc save with a digital version if the load times drive me crazy a week from now

Yes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

It'll fill a few more hours from cradle to grave in a mostly inoffensive manner.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are stat gains random like fire emblem lol

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'd get this game if it had ULTRA-VIOLENCE

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

Yes. I don't know if there's some kind of system to ensure you don't get hosed, but I restarted the game and got different stats once I leveled up.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Looks that way! The save file I created to test whether this was the case or not got better stat gains on my first level up than my first file.

Of course, since I'm a stubborn idiot, I'm still playing the first file instead of the file that gave me better stats. :shepface:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

curious that luck is a quality instead of a quantity

ooh skills gains are from equipment. always liked games like that. the combat and systems in this seem p interesting so far

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It DOES have teenagers in swimsuits.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think you're automatically given a good level up at certain points. In the first dungeon I was given such amazing stat growths such as +1 to magic on Tsubasa and like +1 to 2-3 different stats on Itsuki.

When they hit level 5 they got +1 at the least to everything with a few +2's and +3's randomly added in.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Anatharon posted:

It DOES have teenagers in swimsuits.

Does any of these teenagers rip out vertebrae?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I think it's 'random' but set to average out over time.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The game does have ULTRA-VIDOLENCE tho

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Sakurazuka posted:

Barry Goodnan, guitarist for famous American band Megadeth.

can't wait for his idol cover album

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, I think it's 'random' but set to average out over time.

Most random things do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I beat the first dungeon, game owns

• Locked thread