Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Is it possible to win that fight at the very beginning of chapter 3? I was not really trying and feel like I got sufficiently close that I feel I could beat him. Also if you do beat him does anything change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I really wish that skills didn't get overwritten, and instead they were banked and you can only activate 8 at a time. It's really sapping my enjoyment.

The amount of grinding for skills, especially +1's is way too much to have to do it again. I've for all these buffs/debuff clogging up my selections that haven't been necessary yet, but because this isn't my first rodeo I know I'll eventually need.

Game is great other than that, it oozes style and the combat is fun even though it's a little level dependant.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

minusX posted:

You can get them again really easily if you plan out what weapon has it early enough. Also it's better than having to merge shadows and hope for the best. I got the collector's which came with all the DLC so I haven't really factored that grind in (Skillbooks are cool).

Yeah, it's much better than the previous skill inheritance system of "pray"

I think the fact they're so close to a good system is my issue.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

they've let you just choose which skills to inherit with some limitations for the last couple smt games though

That doesn't make my enduring memory of P3 trying to make a Loki that drains/nulls everything any less vivid.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Speaking of the breakable walls, I'm in the basement of illusionary 106. The lady at the bottom wants me to set the dresses to what looks like red with right arm at the top and left arm at the bottom, while blue is the reverse. I set them that way and I still can't pass, what am I screwing up?

Also, I totally agree on session animation skips, I tried to take a break in the arena and it's just brutally slow.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh yeah I forgot Yashiro was forced and assumed you got to decide on two party members

I still used Tsubasa in my attempt but Mamori is probably the better choice

I felt he was tailor made for Touma. Weak to spears, uses sword and fire attacks. Javelin Rain just wrecked face, fog breath was a nice bonus too.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

brainwrinkle posted:

Chapter 5 was a boring slog. I'm kind of burnt out on the game. The final villain reveal was so incredibly weak. I'll try to power through it in the next few weeks to finish the game, but it was just a pretty uneven experience overall. When the characters are having fun interactions, it's very enjoyable. When you're watching the same session attack animations for the 50th time in an hour, it is not.

I'm in the same boat, I got to chapter 6 and just haven't touched the game. Bosses used to be the only interesting combat part, but now it's all just Fog Breath->Strike a Pose->Session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
After a couple months of playing off and on I finally beat the game. Conquerer pretty much wrecks the final boss.

Any good scenes in the epilogue? I am so burned out on the game that I talked to one team member and just shut it off. If there's anything as good as Yashiro's coming sidequest I'll boot it back up though.

• Locked thread