Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm honestly delighted that this game is reviewing well because I kind of fell in love with it at first sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They're apparently trimming parts out of some stories/altering things so... they kind of are in a way :v:

Per Nintendo Life:

quote:

Recent hands-on sessions with Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE at PAX East have confirmed previous reports that the game will be subject to a series of changes for western markets.

The first is an age bump for some of the characters - Tsubasa, Itsuki and Touma - taking them up from 17 to 18 years of age. There are also changes to costumes, with some of the female characters wearing less revealing clothing.

Elsewhere, a dungeon which features portraits of female characters in bikinis has been altered - the characters are now fully-clothed.

Finally, it is being reported that the Hot Springs DLC - which allows characters to dress up in swimwear - will not be released in the west. We don't have official confirmation on this as yet and have asked Nintendo and Atlus for clarification.

So it looks like only some aesthetic stuff is being changed.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm not sure why this game's designs look ok to me whereas Star Ocean's look like something I'd see crawling up my leg during a bad salvia trip.

Eye/face ratio, maybe.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So I've got an issue and the Wii U general is closed so I'll ask here - I got this off the eShop and cleared enough space to run it, but the console won't recognize that the biggest file (specifically the Xenosaga HD patch) was deleted, so it's effectively locking me out of being able to download the game.

Where do I go from here? I'll reformat the drive if I have do, I barely ever play on this console anyway.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Just finished Chapter 1 and so far my only major complaint is that I really wish I could mute Tiki, that girl's voice could make windows crack.

Also Kiria's Master getup is dumb as hell but her street clothes own so that's easily fixable.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Is the Chapter 2 boss supposed to be a bit of a speed bump, difficulty-wise? Because I eked out a win at level 25 but it definitely wasn't a graceful one.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Just finished Yashiro's first side mission

How does this game exist

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Radish posted:

This game really looks like budget Persona to me. I kinda want to play it but $60 is really steep. Is there any chance that the price will drop or do Nintendo games just stay at full price? I don't have a lot of experience with the Wii or WiiU to know how Nintendo handles this sort of thing.

The price is never going to drop, Wii U games are rarely discounted to begin with and this is too niche to be the target of a sale. Get it used, if anything.

It's really robust for a "budget" Persona, though. As mentioned above, the combat system can get repetitive towards the end, with your every attack chaining into half a dozen more, but it's got a ton of style, the script is on-point and it's got some of the most delightfully cheesy cutscenes I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Mamori's defense is so high that she's probably safer fighting Mirages than she would be eating cookies at home.

• Locked thread