Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm ready for the Game of the Century to finally come out tomorrow

I'd say I agree but then I remembered that planet robobot came out this year/century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Both are very excellent, it's a tough decision tbh

My point exactly.

So glad I have a half day at work tomorrow. I can't wait to get home, work out and then buckle in for the weekend

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Did anyone else preorder this from Amazon? I'm still watching the status waiting for it to even prepare for shipping. I'm worried I won't be able to get my animes tomorrow. :ohdear:

They bumped my shipping so I canceled and reserved a copy at GameStop. I didn't want to wait until Tuesday

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Cain's tokasatsu design is incredible

Cake Attack posted:

for real, there's no battle subs? That's pretty sloppy

Probably my only nitpick but I can look past it.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Not gonna lie, between this, Planet Robobot and SMT IV: A, nintendo (largely from Atlus support) is making up for what I was initially viewing as a pessimistic year. I'm not a big enough Zelda fan to be as hyped as everyone else, but this is super fun.

Hopefully Atlus goes all out and completes my year by announcing a western release date for Etrian Odyssey V

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Tae posted:

Pessimistic year from 3ds and WiiU, I'm assuming.

Should've said Nintendo in general. Meant to say it was distracting me from a not so upbeat wii u year. I think the 3DS has actually had some good stuff coming out.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Tsubasa's :aaaaa: face the size of a tire

That cracked me up more than I thought it would.

BillmasterCozb posted:

pretty much what im saying is, this is GOTY 2016 and I highly recommend it to everyone that glances at this thread.

I'm seconding this.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Do the dlc costumes change the stats (like they do in smt IV?)

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I like Kiria's pirate hatsune miku outfit and the kickass mic stand. I think I read some people here not liking it.

I dont recognize Tsubasa's Atlus DLC costume. i'm going to guess that it's from something Persona since I haven't played any of those yet.

If this is anything like persona though, I'm starting to lean towards getting a PS4 or something in the future so I can play those and the back catalogue of SMT games I never checked out from their shop.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

MrAristocrates posted:

There are zero Persona games available on the PS4. Persona 5 will be the first. If you want to play Persona, your best bet is actually the Vita, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Well I do prefer handhelds. Can you download the other SMT games on that?

Edit:

Dunban posted:

It's from Persona Q.

That explains it. I haven't played that one.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Tharja is weird but I'm okay with that.

CrashCat posted:

that was a very brave thing to admit on these forums :ohdear:

Hell, I've never owned a Sony Console. And the WiiU is the first current/first up-to-date home console that I've ever owned during its lifespan (I did inherent a 360 well after the Xbox One came out). Otherwise, I've had only nintendo handhelds since I was a kid.

I do have a 3DS so I've been able to play most of the SMT games (with the exception of Soul Hackers and Strange Journey) that came out for that.

MrAristocrates posted:

Vita:
Persona (PSP)
Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1, and the sequel to Innocent Sin)
Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 4: Dancing All Night (Warning: this is a rhythm game)

Persona 1 and 2 are pretty clunky overall, but Persona 2's got a great story. Yes, there was a PSP version of Eternal Punishment, but it never made it stateside. Don't play Persona 1. When you mention modern Persona, however, people are thinking of 3 and 4, which are very good. Note about P3P: they very heavily changed the presentation due to space constraints. In my opinion it doesn't really matter because 3 doesn't do much with its cutscenes but others feel more strongly. For these reasons (and also because I think 3 is kinda worse overall) play P3P before P4G. Also play P3P as the lady because the dude sucks.

The standouts here, especially in relation to TMS, are probably SMTIV and Persona 3 and 4. I'd snap up a cheap 3DS or Playstation TV. The 3DS is where mainline SMT lives, but if you want to play Persona, it's all on Vita, at least until 5 comes out.

e: also the Persona games are only tangentially related except IS and EP, don't worry about order.

Yeah, as I said I've got the 3DS and have loved those games. Already got SMT IV:A preordered.

Are the PS2 classics (like this one ) only playable on the PS3 and 4?

I thought most of the Playstation store stuff could be played on most of their consoles.

Is the Vita worth it? I have thought about it.

Saxophone posted:

I've never played a MST game and I've only played a few hours of a fire emblem. What's the verdict on this game? Asthetically it looks good, and I haven't played a good ol fashioned jrpg in a while.

My verdict is that it's excellent and it plays a lot like an SMT game. Very very good. Go get it.

EDIT: Nocturne is 2 ratings away from having 666 ratings. Get on it.

SylvainMustach fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 26, 2016

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
ah, thanks.

well I may just get one some day as a handheld enthusiast. If I have any other questions Ill bring them to the Persona/SMT thread.

Alright. I've been taking my time and now I'm on to chapter 2.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Sakurazuka posted:

The chapter 2 boss was hard work.

Uh oh.
I'm digging through the dungeon now.

I love how it looks so that makes grinding up a lot more fun. Even doing alright (knock wood) with the cameras so far.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Are Barry's pants when you first meet him orange and brown or orange and black. This is important because I think I might be color blind.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I'm officially super lost in the Camera dungeon.

I love these types of games but I always get super lost. It's sort of good because it forces me to grind a lot but I cannot find my way out. I Know it'll hit me in the face when I see it.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I dont care about bikinis in the game.

I'm gay and lost as hell.

Still a good game though.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

KingEffingFrost posted:

I died a couple times to to the Chapter 2 boss on Hard Mode and wound up winning on the third try because Kiria's ad-lib went off when I was in a jam. So far I'm feeling like Hard's difficulty curve is spot on. I've yet to feel overwhelmed or overpowered. Ellie's Splatoon-looking outfit from the photoshoot on the other hand is extremely overpowered.

Just finished the 2nd boss and Touma kept doing the ad-libs and it helped a ton.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Is Tharja this creepy/weird/cool in fire emblem?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
If it gets on your nerves just turn down the voice audio.

I don't mind. I like catching the little English here and there (like '"Session!" And "Good!")

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
So I'm in chapter 3 and accepted elli's side quest. Got as far as hee ho mart. She told me to meet her at shiboya station but I'm not seeing her.

Do I have to finish the chapter to make her show up?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Thanks guys

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Can you buy chakra drops anywhere at some point

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Mid boss or whatever of the 3rd Dungeon kicked my rear end. Thank god for the attract spray. Really good for grinding if you want to avoid loading between areas all the time.

Gah I don't know what I typed that first time around.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Barry was tough.
But I'm also bad at these games. I enjoy them. A lot, but it could just be me being awful.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Where's the costume that removes Tiki's model from the game or only mutes her?

How dare you, Tiki is precious

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Mamori's basic axe jump attack is the best

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
where are the Macca Converters?
I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the 106 but I dont know where..

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Ah I was afraid they were the rare encounters.
Thanks

I'll check the arena too.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Just got back to playing after clearing some other things from my back catalog.

Beat chapter four and was wondering if you ever get Tsubasa' sneezing detective costume?

I don't know if that's spoiler worthy or not but I figured I'd play it safe.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Hell yeah thanks guys

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
kind of lost at the beginning of chapter 5
starting to think I missed something in the cutscene

I'm just wandering around and talking to people. I'm really good at missing stuff so it's probably super obvious. Any suggestions on how to actually get the chapter rolling?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Ah thanks for the quick response!

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I should mention that this game finally made me get around to picking up Awakening (I'll likely get Birthright when I finish) but drat it's kicking my butt. Didn't think it would because on the other side of things, SMT IV and Noctutne came pretty easy to me.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Complaining about price. Sheesh we should be lucky we got it at all

And to think I complained about a lack of English voice acting

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Started up again after getting distracted and boy do I love the look of the latter dungeons

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
is there another round crystal needed for the 146m elevator in Dolhr and, if so, where the hell is it?

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Cant for the life of me figure out how to get beyond the Altitude 146 bit teleportr in Dolhr. I keep going up to the elevator and it says 'nothing happened'.

I cant for the life of me find the thing that's supposed to make the elevator go up.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Junkozeyne posted:

You have to find an activation gem for every explorable area in dohlr to use the elevator.

I figured as such. I guess I can't find that specific one. Would it be sitting out in the open somewhere with the green ! Symbol floating over it or is there another way to make it show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I beat it around 70 and I think I did a lot of the side quests. May have been quicker too but I'm a real moron when it comes to some puzzles.

At the end of the day it's definitely one of my favorite Wii u games. Easy top 5.

• Locked thread