Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
It came out in December, so it's actually been even less time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
This game is hilarious and the combat's really fun! I'm not even done with the game yet and I already want a sequel (that we probably won't get). If you're on the fence, definitely get it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Chalk me and one of my friends up as two more people who thought the chorus to DREAM*CATCHER sounded exactly like the Squid Sisters' song from Splatoon. Tsubasa and Ellie are even dressed in similar outfits/colors!

Can't wait for the soundtrack. Which is not something I thought I'd say about this game.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Terper posted:

That's because they're both modern takes on a traditional Japanese-folk music. I'm sure you notice that "1, 12, 123456" structure in both songs. That structure and the vocal rhythmic patterns are used in a style that is uncommon to western music, so you end up comparing them.

Oh okay. I mean, they're still wearing similar outfits to Marie and Callie, but I didn't know that about the musical structure, so that's cool!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I gotta say they did the whole "everybody gets EXP" thing with Watchfullness really well. At least coming from Pokemon X/Y where EXP.All made your entire party hilariously overleveled if you kept it on. Also the fact that changing party members is a free action in battle makes it really easy to switch them out as the fight requires.

And as much characterization as there is in this game, I really wish there were side-stories for Itsuki. He and Chrom seem pretty dull and boring so far (chapter 5) aside from occasional amazing descriptions of food if you pick the "dramatic" option.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Game super great, am on final boss and basically everything except maybe the final dungeon is funtimes. Buy game and enjoy game.

Then come here to argue about who is best girl.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
As much as best girl is obviously Kiria/Jolyne "Pop Star" Kujo, Mamori definitely has some of the best animations, i.e. her "panic" animation where she hops back and forth on her feet, or all of her animations involving her not actually being able to lift her GIANT AXE :black101: very well

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Also: a precautionary tale.

There's basically only one missable thing in the whole game. And I missed it entirely by accident because it's based on how nice you are to Tsubasa, and aside from her hilarious Topic messages earlier in the game, she's basically my least favorite character. :v:

I'm past the point where you can get "points" with her afaik and I don't have The Thing You Get. Woops.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, for basically the entire game I put the +speed/+skill accessory on Kiria so I never really had a problem with her speed. Plus Concentrate+Labyrinth does shitloads of damage lategame if you can get it to proc.

EDIT: Also yeah attack mirrors are fantastic, and with Kiria and Mamori you can essentially nullify an enemy's turn unless they use an Almighty attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Tsubasa's texts are better than like 90% of the things she says in-person.

• Locked thread