Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

The complaints would be better reviewed if the people who are making the complaints are reasonable human beings and not fanatics that equate covering boobs with government restriction of text and speech

honestly i just don't say anything because i'll immediately get called this, regardless of how i phrase it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think there's something to be said that we shouldn't have these changes in the first place in 2016, but I honestly can't bring myself to care enough.

yeah this is about how i feel about it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im fine with the japanese version being used as a sort of beta test by the developers, although (and i don't think it's the case here), i would be a little leery of an independent translator deciding what they think is bad and what would make things better

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

for real, there's no battle subs? That's pretty sloppy

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you suck imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

my wii u sucks and disconnected from the internet overnight and then while i was at work so the game still isn't download. fail

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just sitting here, watching the download bar

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

65%

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

why is this taking an hour to install.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

He's inspired by Marty Friedman of Megadeth (though they look nothing alike), who has been living in Japan for a long time and heavily involved with idol jpop.

living the dream

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol what's this the OP to because I totally recognize it

also daily motion is some nostalgia for looking for low quality anime streams in the mid 2000s

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ah right that's the ticket. Anyway my game finally installed so time to game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tsubasa has a thousand yard stare going on

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

how much of the combat dialogue you understand without subs just from watching anime is the purest test of your character imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

People are super slow at jrpgs for some reason so the times you hear are often like 25-50% inflated over what you can actually do it in

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't know what you're taking about but I refuse to believe the combination of miku and pirates could possibly be bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ugh if you can save anywhere dying really shouldn't just boot you straight to the title screen

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Hard hasn't been that tough so far, although I'm still in the first big boy dungeon

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

being able to save everywhere/no auto save/being booted to the title screen if you die is a pretty awful design combination

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Tae posted:

There's plenty of anime games without hot springs or beach sequences

all the good ones though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what are the exact mechanics behind first strikes again? I feel like I don't always get one when I should

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Saxophone posted:

I've never played a MST game and I've only played a few hours of a fire emblem. What's the verdict on this game? Asthetically it looks good, and I haven't played a good ol fashioned jrpg in a while.

It's good but I wouldn't really call it an old fashioned jrpg

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

how does exp work for non active members? Do they get 100% exp, no exp or something in between. And if it's no exp is there scaling or something as a catch up mechanic

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hmm

for those who've beaten the game, is this a pick a party and stick with it game, or is it the kind of game where you get enough out of diversification to make it worth rotating

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Chekans 3 16 posted:

gently caress, why am I at work for the next 5 hours.

RIP people working on sundays

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i have a cold and im not going to go work tomorrow

#prolifehacks

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

star ocean looks bad at least, so that'll clear up some time

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I finished the boss of chapter 2 pretty easily. Not sure if Normal is too easy or just right because he kinda went down like a total chump and I'm fairly sure I'm not overleveled or anything.

I had one wipe so far but that's because I tackled a savage enemy and instead of trying to run went "Nah I want this to happen."

honestly he went down pretty easy on hard as soon as I swapped out Kiria so she wouldn't be sessioned to death so you could probably do hard if you're so inclined

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

There's a map on the game pad? !?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ilyana is the waitress at the cafe? !?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I'm glad they've chosen to reference good games as well :twisted:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

does anyone know how many chapters long this game is, because i'm about to start what seems like it might be the final dungeon.

You've gamed hard... my salutations

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I have a cold, cut me some slack

although I was being kinda serious since my least favorite fire emblem games are pretty much all the ones tiki is in

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Do you actually dislike smt or have you just never played one? cause the gameplay is pretty SMT

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wait do accessories count as armor too? it seems that way looking closer

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

explains why draug was rolling over me, lol, time to actually buy some modern armor

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

3 turns with only 3 units is basically how they balanced them being party wide by default

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Len posted:

Where do I get more revival beads?

Buy curries at the hee ho mart, they do the same thing

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think I used a Chakra drop in an earlier boss fight once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's basically a legacy mechanic. Reminds me of SMTIV where you could get an app that would basically make mp a non issue early on

• Locked thread