Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Super No Vacancy posted:

are stat gains random like fire emblem lol

Looks that way! The save file I created to test whether this was the case or not got better stat gains on my first level up than my first file.

Of course, since I'm a stubborn idiot, I'm still playing the first file instead of the file that gave me better stats. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

OH MY GOD THE HEE HO CLERK IS ANNA! :swoon:

11/10, game of the decade, sequel when?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I've got 2 hours and 15 minutes to kill at work before I can get back to saving Shibuya while my friend Barry Goodman watches anime. :(

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Having completed the first part of Touma's side story, I am sad that I didn't get his sentai bad guy costume in addition to the other stuff I got from clearing it. :(

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

And first game over was to a side-quest fight. Got the quest at level 16, all the mobs in the fight were level 24.

... Might have to come back to this one a bit later.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

You either already have or are very close to unlocking Harajuku. Once you do, go check out the store there. ;)

Finally unlocked Harajuku earlier. Touma is now a Sentai Villain, Tsubasa has an awesome outfit that's better than just a lame bikini, and Kiria is J-Pop Idol Jotaro Kujo now.

Life is good. :)

Also, Gangrel was a chump. Despite being weak to swords, Kiria completely wrecked his poo poo with her SP skill.

Edit: Bleh. Just noticed I left a few words out of a line there.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 3, 2016

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

... *sigh* God dammit Touma... fine, but if I hear the words "Operation: Babe Hunt" at any point, I'm out. The scars from Yakushima and Okina City still haven't faded.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Okay, so... two things it would have been nice for the Arena guy to mention before letting me participate for the first time:

1) You can't swap party members around.
2) You can't use items.

Knowing the second would have probably led to me making sure Itsuki was healed up before he got sessioned to death by back to back lance strikes. x_x

Thankfully, it was the fifth round and Ellie and Tsubasa were able to pull out a win, but it's still annoying that the game makes a point of saying, "Oh, hey, you get 5 fights in a row and if you lose, it's a game over, just like normal battles," but neglects to mention you can't use items or swap your party members.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tsubasa is the biggest dork and this game is the best. :3:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

For those looking for a fast, convenient spawn point for Sixth Elements to farm Macca Converters, this is a good spot in the Chapter 3 dungeon:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I'm at the Chapter 3 Intermission and Tsubasa's third side-story is available. The game is saying Recommended level 47. My average party level is around 33-34.

... I'm guessing I should hold off on this for a bit?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Is there any limit to the number of times I can upgrade a weapon to relearn its skills, aside from having the appropriate materials on hand?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tsubasa's third side-story cleared! Itsuki level 44, rest of the crew level 41. MVPs were Ellie, Mamori and Tsubasa herself. :toot:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly, after doing Tsubasa's third side-story, the Chapter 4 boss felt kinda underwhelming to me. Managed to kill it with Itsuki, Tsubasa and Mamori without any real problems; I think Mamori got killed once by a session, but otherwise it went pretty painlessly.

Tsubasa and Mamori basically ended up dodge tanking pretty much all of Excellus's AoE spells somehow, so I didn't really have to worry too much about healing. And once I realized Yashiro was gonna spend most of his time tossing out Sukukajas and setting up Counter, and that Excellus would occasionally heal him, I just ignored him outside of tossing out the occasional Dekaja stone. Also, the second time Excellus shifted his weaknesses and resistances around, he somehow wound up basically weak to pretty much everything I hit him with, so I was able to session him down from around half-health to dead in like two turns.

Fake edit: Aaaaaand the game just crashed on me while I was scrolling through Tsubasa's profile info to see the update in the Chapter 4 intermission. Guess that means it's time for me to call it a night.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Tsubasa's last side story is sure gonna be a thing. I attempted it when I was nowhere near the recommended level and it predictably kicked my rear end. I was able to cheese Kiria's third side story (Attack Mirror, whee!) despite being underlevelled so I thought I'd at least try. I ought to try it again, probably. The party is starting to hit 40 now and on my first attempt they were barely hitting 35.

I pulled it off with Itsuki at 44 and everyone else at 41. Don't bother trying to kill the boss's minions; just lock them down with status effects so they sit around doing nothing while you shred the boss with Sessions. Also, make sure to Dekaja the enemy team and buff your own party of you have the chance.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Game crashed on me again while trying to scroll to the bottom of Tsubasa's profile to read new stuff. Still in Chapter 4 Intermission, in Shibuya. That's... worrisome.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I haven't crashed at all. Are you on the digital version?

Nope, physical copy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Also the main character is fully voiced and actually has a personality instead of being a blank slate for players to project themselves on to.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Okay, say what you want about Conqueror Chrom, but if you want to go full on MAXIMUM EDGELORD, nothing beats Swordmaster Navarre. :psyduck:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

The only really notable times I can remember someone missing frequently was Touma with his Macca Converter weapon, which explicitly has a higher chance to miss.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

bennyfranks posted:

the monster in ellie's 2nd story is a Faceless, thats owns

ellie best girl fyi

I love how her second story ends with her learning the exact opposite of the thing she initially set out to learn, and her character in the show basically becoming off-brand Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a result. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

alcharagia posted:

question 1: is there any reason to wait on promoting my characters

question 2: who should i promote first

question 3: what else should I know about promotions

1: Nope.
2: Whoever you feel would benefit the most from increased stats and more weapon options.
3: There are enough Master Seals in the game to promote everyone twice. Once you've promoted a character, it makes a selection of weapons available for Carnage Unity. Those weapons will still be available even after you switch to the character's other promoted class, so don't hesitate to start swapping classes later on once you've promoted everyone at least once.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Just finished Yashiro's first side mission

How does this game exist

Atlus decided they wanted high school student protagonists, but didn't want to focus solely on daily school life + dungeon crawling the way the Persona games do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bogart posted:

Mamori is 11. I don't care if 'She's going to get dragged into it anyway,' she's 11. She's warming the bench out of principle. :colbert:

Give her a chance, and she'll warm up your heart with the press of a button! :black101:

... We need a Mamori version of :black101:.

• Locked thread