Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I look forward to joining this thread when I get back from vacation and borrow my friend's WiiU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am back from vacation, have a borrowed WiiU, and am finally about to start this game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just finished chapter 1 and this game is Very Good. Only complaints are the loading times (but I'm using a physical disc so it's kinda expected) and that Together We Ride didn't play as Touma came to my rescue on a motorcycle

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's really weird that a side quest that unlocked the instant I hit chapter 4 has a recommended level of 47, and means it. If anything I'm probably a bit overleveled right now, because Mamori joined a few levels below my group.

Can I expect to get a reasonable number of 3-star presences in chapter 4 naturally, or will I have to farm the chapter 3 dungeon if I want to finish the chapter 3 unities?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How does the arena actually work? The guy gave a cursory explanation the first time but now his only dialogue options are difficulty of fights, nothing to rehear the explanation.

In particular:
Are the fights tuned to my level or to the chapter I'm in?
Do I have to spend the points anywhere or are the automatic rewards all there are?
Do you get more points for chaining multiple fights together? (I keep backing out because I've mastered weapons)
What's up with the arena guy having a request icon over his head when he doesn't actually give me a request?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just managed to play like 5 hours straight while only advancing the main story by ten minutes or so, and can probably do another 2-3 hours without advancing the plot, easy. More if I clear out the next tier of the arena.

The chapter 4-5 intermission has a ton of sidequests right before you get the ability to break extra-touch walls, is what I'm saying.

e: also all this talk about effective skills is pretty strange to me because you can just swap party members at any time for no cost. If Touma can't hit an enemy's weakness, you don't need horseslayer because you can just switch him out. I switch like a madman in any even moderately challenging fight as I swap around buffers, debuffers, healers, attackers, and supertank Mamori so I always have what I need.

ee: I guess only one person actually even mentioned them

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 19, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

Skills are not worth stressing out about. most skills are very easy to get back and + bonuses are extremely minor or even basically worthless. (-1 magic cost! Hooray! That would matter if running out of MP literally ever happened.)

Sometimes Itsuki runs out of MP if I stay in a dungeon for an extremely long time

Also, games really shouldn't ship with bosses that are guaranteed to lag the game. When a boss reduces the WiiU to a sputtering mess, you should really rethink it before shipping (especially because in this case they could have eliminated the lag without changing any models just by not having the boss clone itself).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Strike a Pose is extremely busted. I think I beat the third boss of chapter 6 (Gharnef) in three rounds.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
After finishing this game I'm going to have to downgrade it from Very Good to merely Good. It probably culd have kept its rating if the Fire Emblem didn't feel so tacked on, or if there was a loving skip animation button for sessions, and would be upgraded to Excellent if both of those happened.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nobody in this game is cracking any best girl lists that include other things but Tsubasa is good and is best girl and you people are all terrible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also Kiria is like, actively boring and has nothing interesting about her so I dunno why everyone acts like it's self evident she's the best

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm actually astonished anybody thinks Tsubasa is bad mechanically. She was the solid cornerstone of my team with almost as high magic as Kiria, good elemental coverage, mediarama, recarm, and debut smile.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

tsubasa is the only character in the game who can miss attacks, it seems sometimes

I never had Tsubasa miss anything, but Mamori kept missing everything in the final dungeon. She was still practically mandatory on the final boss but if I could have gotten away with using someone else I would have.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Kiria does a lot of damage but boy does she die fast. I only played on Normal, but Tsubasa was capable of surviving at least one or two hits from almost everything and Kiria was not.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mamori's damage is kinda low so there's not much point in using her in easy fights but in anything even remotely challenging she's pretty mandatory.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mamori's ultimate weapon has an immunity to the attack the boss sessions with

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Junkozeyne posted:

The final weapon of each character can only be obtained in ng+.

Oh in that case I meant the final one you get in NG. Grimehkala. Might be General-specific I guess but I don't think so???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can use spells even in the counter state. Kiria still dies if the boss looks at her funny so that means it's truly Tsubasa's time to shine

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh yeah I forgot Yashiro was forced and assumed you got to decide on two party members

I still used Tsubasa in my attempt but Mamori is probably the better choice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like Tsubasa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mamori is the only person who missed more than once all game

It was actually rather annoying and I stopped deploying her when I didn't actually need her bulk

• Locked thread