Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Instead of complaining about censorship, more people should be complaining about the real crime in this game, which is that Barry isn't a playable character,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So, I assume these quests for the dark hee-ho shopkeeper are just endless, right? I can just leave them alone after doing one for the play award, yeah?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Can I get a version that just fixes the wedding dress to not be appallingly ugly?

Edit: But for real tho, good for them. Isn't it better this way, that everyone can enjoy the game? It might not matter to us, but for the people it matters it seems undeniably like a good thing.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 26, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

The people who it matters to are upset they can't masturbate to a teenage in a bikini so to be honest I don't have a ton of sympathy for them.

That or I guess they're very very very big enthusiasts of a very specific wedding dress but I'm not particularly jumping to give benefit of the doubt to the mysteriously large group of wedding dress enthusiasts who can't enjoy a game without it.

That's the thing though, they aren't even asking for sympathy at this point, they just went and edited the game to their tastes. If they were demanding Nintendo change stuff back, then sure, but I don't feel them developing their own version is worthy of mockery, just let them do their own thing. Besides, you know that you're being a little reductionist, I have some friends (massive weebs) who just hate any form of change from the original. While I believe change can be for the best, who am I to judge if someone disagrees to the point of going into the game and replacing stuff themselves?

Edit: wow I went and looked into it and they even retranslated chapter 2? That's some effort to go through.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 26, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eleeleth posted:

Is there a way to re-order my dude's skills, or am I just stuck with the way they were learned forever?

Artists -> Select Character you want to reorder skills for -> Hit Y -> Hit A -> Reorganize at will

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

He was a pretty decent challenge for me in Hard Mode, so maybe try upping it? I'm pretty sure you can freely switch it in the system menu so might as well check it out if you're curious.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, this quest for the Arena guy... Is going to take basically the entire game, huh? I like how the first two you get for him get you the guy who trades Detritus and some girl Mirage who makes you do the good ol' negotiation minigame. They fixed it since 4 tho, no longer can you get one cheat for free... I wonder what the other loving EIGHT he wants me to find will do.

Edit: Huh, you seem to get some random Performas if you successfully negotiate. Interesting.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh god why do I need so many 3-Star Prestiges and why do I have so little god I need like 20 of the loving things ahhhh

Edit: I like how the special effect of the Matador sword is to basically cast single target Sukukaja on yourself at the start of every battle. Subtle references, ho!

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 27, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I noticed that a few weapons were close to being mastered so I spent like a hour and a half grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 so I don't get too far in and have to go back midway.

It wasn't until after I had already done that that I realized you can just mass make weapons and equip them whenever from the pause screen :suicide:

Hey, at least all that grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 got you plenty of 3-Star Prestige. Unless you're counting the Prologue dungeon in that, in which case, lol.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh nooo one of my characters finally filled up their session skills section. Now I actually need to stop and think about how everyone connects to everyone, dammit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Levantine posted:

Seconding this. I got one but need several for weapons.

I know two good ways, pick your poison.

Method 1 is simple, go to this spot on the map: http://imgur.com/WWJpYA1.jpg in Shibuya. Gold enemies seem to spawn very frequently there, but you'll still need to do quite a bit of running around.

Method 2 is to go to 6F in 106, go up the orange doll, press the middle switch and go up the orange doll again. You'll be in a tiny area with one of those MYSTERY FUTURE BREAKABLE DOORS and nothing else. Just run around that area, if you step back onto the carpet next to the doll arm whatever enemy spawned will disappear, making it pretty quick. However, it seems that only one will spawn until you reload the area, either through porting back to the office or using the in-dungeon warp portal to move to another floor and back.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Levantine posted:

Thank you! That area of the map in Method 1 is where I got my first one, so I guess it's just run-around time. Does Estoma help in this case or am I just more likely to get Savage enemies instead?

Also, what's the best method for killing those guys? I got lucky and Touma ad-libbed it to death the first time.

No clue if Estoma helps or not, I just slashed any red guys that showed up and ran away from savages. The best way to kill them is either to wait until you get your archer in Chapter 3 or buy a bunch of darts from the shop and toss them at it. I recommend the former method, but if you're in a rush, the latter supposedly works ok.

Edit: Ok so sometimes the game is a little overly cautious with the level range it asks you to be for a quest. Protip: It's not being overcautious with its level suggestion for Kiria's third personal quest. Do not make the mistakes I did, heed the level number.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 27, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So uhh I finally got to class change and the game told me I had 3 new Carnage Fusions available but they don't seem to be there? Do they only show up when I get out of intermission or what?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

Those Carnage Fusions are available in the future, not right off the bat. It just means you can eventually create them.

I see. By the way, I did my first one pretty casually but now I'm wondering, how many master orbs are there in the game? I assume there's at least enough to class change each character, but maybe not to get everyone both classes? Of course, I'd rather hope there were precisely 14 orbs in the game (It's pretty drat obvious HETEROCHROMIA LONE WOLF will join eventually) but you never know with this stuff.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Of course. Of course the Macca Converter weapons have good 5th skills. Why wouldn't they?

Well back to grinding golden enemies for that sweet sweet Pierce.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

According to info I found elsewhere there are exactly enough Master Orbs in the game to class change each character twice, so it's not a huge decision, it's just which form you want to stare at for most of the game. You can't even make the unique weapons right away anyways, if you do it as early as possible.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyone know anything about the quest the dude in the Arena gives you to find 10 mirages to come hang out with him? I found the one in Harajuku who finally lets you start trading Detritus but I'm wondering if I need to go scour all the idolaspheres to find more.

So far I've only found Detritus guy and one Mirage per dungeon, including the Prologue one. It seems each of them will let you do the negotiation minigame with them to get random Performa from their dungeon. You get better odds and rates at the negotiation if you increase your arena rank. Basically it's a game-long quest, don't sweat it too hard.

I've been doing the beginner arena a lot to level up my poo poo low level weapons for those sweet sweet 5th skills, turns out each rank has a hidden extra reward once you hit 99 points.

Len posted:

Where do I get more revival beads?

Just buy some Fresh Curry from the Hee Ho Mart, same effect.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The only time I seem to come close to running out of EP is doing all encores in the arena.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rorus Raz posted:

After extended dicking around in a dungeon I will run dry on Itsuki but I'm using nothing but skills to trigger sessions for sweet sweet star prestige.
Wait the encores end? I did one encore and stopped figuring it was a fancy way of saying "wanna do it again?"

Nah, you can do three of them, each one triples your reward. It goes 2 coins for one fight, 6 for 2, 18 for 3. You can get a lot of info like this by talking to the arena keeper from behind, including the rewards for each rank.

Edit: Also I just got my first Duo Performance and man these things let you do obscene damage considering they restart the session.

Double Edit: Jesus christ Charge/Concentrate are NUTS in this game since they more than double the next SESSIONS'S Physical/Magical damage

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 28, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What is charge anyway? I got Gaia's Whisper and it mentions having Charge for 2 turns and a whole buncha buffs and I wasn't sure if it was the typical JRPG "Next turn does 2x damage" or what

I literally just wrote what they do, man. More than doubles the physical damage of the next session that character initiates. Touma getting it for 2 turns makes him insanely powerful against things weak to lances.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man I finally did that Tsubasa boss fight and got her wedding dress costume... This is so amazingly ugly it's unbelievable. Like I'm pretty sure they also hosed up the fill tool because it even looks kinda hosed up, like it's reflective for no goddamn reason. Probably the only thing I'm truly unhappy about in the whole 'censorship' debacle.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dunban posted:

I heard that you can get a costume for Tiki at the Anzu lottery - does it only unlock after a certain point in the story or something? So far it seems like only posters are available at the lottery and I got all 16 of them so far.

They're unlisted. And super rare.

Good luck.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh my god Yashiro's first sidequest if you give them the more dramatic answers is amazing. Amazing! I thought this dude was going to be just a boring edgelord but I'm starting to like him now.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Am I supposed to be getting treasure keys from one of the lotteries or something, because I feel like I never have enough for all the locked item boxes

Which is especially annoying because you have to redo a bunch of those dress puzzles in 106 to get to one of the locked boxes in the basement

If you trade detritus a bunch of times, not sure how many, you get a request that rewards you with the Lock touch skill which lets you just open all chests.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Regy Rusty posted:

It's pretty tough so yeah you'll probably want to wait

I did it in the low 40s though so you don't have to wait all the way to 47. Kiria's third which I unlocked at around the same time you can do regardless of your level because of reason's related to the way the quest works.

Eventually you unlock the ability to upgrade mastered weapons to a + version that has an extra 6th skill. They don't actually get any stronger so as far as I can tell this is only useful if you want to grind to get more powerful skills a bit earlier? I only did it once because I almost always have new weapons to work with.

I think you can get some unique skills by doing so. It's worth going down the list and seeing if any of the 5th skills are of interest, at any rate.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Silver Falcon posted:

What do you do with Detritus? I've seen folks talking about it, and I've picked up some myself, but haven't seen anything to do with them.

Tsubasa's last side story is sure gonna be a thing. I attempted it when I was nowhere near the recommended level and it predictably kicked my rear end. I was able to cheese Kiria's third side story (Attack Mirror, whee!) despite being underlevelled so I thought I'd at least try. I ought to try it again, probably. The party is starting to hit 40 now and on my first attempt they were barely hitting 35.

You trade it to the ghost with the top hat in the arena. If you haven't recruited it yet, it's just hanging out in an alley in Harajuku, after you get the quest from the arenakeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

While those are all good answers, going by the way they picked partners in this game it'd need to be someone from Fates.

I vote Charlotte.

• Locked thread