Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

minusX posted:

The name is from before it was released in the US and we didn't know that pun, but I agree.

Has anyone else seen the fact that if you're snarky the whole time you can miss out on a dual tech ability with Tsubasa and Itsuki? I've only seen it really matter Chapter 4 on and most of the points you need are from a Side Quest but the only outline about what answers help has been from a Japanese site, wondering if stuff is different in the US. http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/91.html

What? The answers actually matter?

poo poo, I've just been picking the funniest response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyway I'm sad I'm apparently almost done with the game. Aside from Mamori and Yashiro I've done all my party's side stories (though admittedly there's still one more each for the backups as well). It's been really fun and I will miss it.

I feel the same way. I'm about to start Chapter 4, and I heard there's only 6 chapters + prologue and epilogue, so I'm already half way through. It'll be bittersweet when the game is done. This is the first JRPG in a long time that I've gotten into.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Maybe if it sells incredibly well in america

Did it bomb in Japan?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

I love the little touches in the game. Like how Aoi will say something obviously sarcastic when the enemy gets knocked back by a strategic deployment of Phys/Magic Mirror.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Is this normal? I'm on the second Barry side quest, in the TV studio with all the bridges.

I'm at the rare farming spot pointed out earlier, and I used an attractor spray. I thought rares only show up once per trip into the idolasphere, but they've been showing up one after another. I got 12 macca converters in 5 minutes. Is my game bugged now? Also how many macca converters do I need for the rest of the game (just finished chapter 4)?

Edit: I jinxed myself. They finally stopped spawning, after getting 14 macca converters in a row. You guys might want to try this.

Edit2: they're back. At 16 macca converters now.

Edit3: 24 converters

Edit 4: I stopped at 55 macca converters. That should be enough right?

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 4, 2016

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Chapter 4 boss is a motherfucker. I need to stock up on element mirror or something.

I Magic Mirrored my way to victory on that one. It was pretty funny, because if you use Magic Mirror, the boss' AOE reflects back on himself 3 times.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I did all the sidequests for the artists (including Maiko, Barry, and Tiki) and the locktouch sidequest. Is there any reason to do the other requests like recruit 10 mirages or all the Hee Hoo employee requests?

I have read that the only requirement for getting the best ending is to complete all the side stories. Any other request is optional and has no effect on the ending.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Eopia posted:

So I just got a sidequest from some guy in Harajuku about a missing id card. I've looked around in every area available and I can't find it. Anyone know where it might be? I'm in the Chapter 4 intermission if that helps.

It's on the stage on the department store roof.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Where can I farm the highest level of rares? (Higher than Sixth Element)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

How many checkpoints are there in Dolhr? I just got to checkpoint #3, after chasing the skull. Chapter 6 seems really long.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Done! I'll miss Tiki.

By the way, if anyone is having trouble with the final boss, this is how I did it pretty easily (at least on normal): Itsuke's "act twice" SP (forgot what it's called) plus Mamori's Microwave Heart lets the entire party have 7 actions per turn, including a full heal. So all I did was: Itsuke: the act twice SP, clap track; Yashiro: attack, attack; Mamori: attack or clap track, microwave heart, clap track; and rinse and repeat. Swap Yashiro or Mamori out once in a while for Tsubasa to cast charm on the casters in the first cycle.

sincx fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 11, 2016

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

EDIT: Savage Encounters ruin everything and are why I started saving way more often. That and the unexpected "oops this quest enemy is 10 levels higher than you lol"

Smoke machines are your friends.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

It took me way too long to figure out Seiren = siren = mermaid = Starbucks.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

As much as I want a sequel, the story does seem self-contained. All the loose ends are wrapped up and everyone's life seems set by the end of the story. I'd rather have no sequel than a generic sequel plot where the bad guys suddenly came back for no reason.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

I can tell that the PC makes a funny sarcastic remark when Attack or Magic Mirror hits, but there are no subtitles. Does anyone know what he actually says?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I never even considered that holy poo poo :laffo:

Apparently so didn't the devs.

:atlus:

sincx fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 10, 2016

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Do the attack and buff/debuff names mean anything? They sound vaguely Buddhist.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah this is the only missable and I haven't actually heard of anyone missing it. You'd have to be a constant consistent dick to Tsubasa to not get it.

It's really fun to be a dick to her though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Erg posted:

This second puzzle room at the studio is angering me. I got to the chapter end boss door after like 15 minutes of futzing around, but I missed 3 treasure chests and I'm tired of trying this thing

idk why I'm struggling so much with what should be a pretty simple puzzle, I keep pressing buttons and making the layout worse

Don't worry about it. You will go back there later.

• Locked thread