Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I finished Chapter 2 over the weekend and goddamn, I was not expecting this game to be so polished. The battle system is great, I love the overall aesthetic and style of the game and the skill system is like the Mantra system from DDS! It's great!

orenronen posted:

You gain that ability around mid-game.

Oh good, I don't have to worry about losing skills as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Are savage enemy spawns random or are they more frequent if you tend to do better in battles? Some friends and I are plagued by savage enemies spawning in extremely close proximity and it's such a pain in the rear end to deal with them.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Grimalkin posted:

It is not that I am getting caught by the cameras . . . I can't see how to get over there. The only path I can find is one that is blocked by a camera. I know I managed it the first time I was here, but that is when I was filling out my map, not trying to find my way to a particular spot.

Also, it depresses me that anytime I try to look up anything about this game, it's all about CENSORSHIP!!!

Is there a point you can jump down from to get there?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Savage encounters just don't gently caress around in general.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So is the fastest way to raise stage rank just to do more fights? I'm in the chapter 2 intermission and I have a couple of quests gated behind stage ranks that I just want to get done.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh, ok, that's good to know. I got a little burnt out just grinding fights for stage ranks last night so I'll move on then.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

.Ataraxia. posted:

Can anyone tell me if there is an option to output all the game audio through the gamepad headphone jack?

I know that off-tv play is out, which is a bummer, but if audio through the gamepad is available that'd be great!

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the headphone jack'll just give you Topic alerts.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Harajuku, it's the idolasphere all the way on the right.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Nope, physical copy.

It did that for me the other night too. I wonder if there's something about Tsubasa's profile that the game can't handle?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

im torn between Kiria's Jojo costume and her..uh, cat costume

Those are her best costumes, you can't go wrong with either.

xedo posted:

At chapter 4 and loving this game so far.

Is there a way to see a list of the requests you've been given anywhere? It feels like you could be pretty lost if you had to step away from the game for a while.

Also, is there a movie player in-game to rewatch the anime cutscenes/music videos?

This game really needed a quest list, I'm surprised that it doesn't have one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So is there a good way to get 6-star prestige drops or am I at the mercy of RNG for this? I'm at the final boss and I wanna make a few weapons to cover up a few crippling weaknesses.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Most enemies should be reliably giving you 6-star prestiges just by session chains.

You say that, but I got one prestige across my last two battles. :negative: I had 5-7 combo sessions going, too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The gimmick was that when Shadow Yashiro splits into clones, the clones only take so many resistances. It's a really cool gimmick when you realize that but it's a really hard fight even with that knowledge.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Tipme posted:

umm, is Kiria's jojo costume available at any point later? or is it just for that side quest

You can buy it after chapter 2, once you have access to Harajuku.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I seriously hope my game isn't glitched or I'm missing something obvious, but how the hell are you supposed to do Barry's second sidequest? I'm supposed to do 10 sessions with Eleonora and Tsubasa, and I've alternated between just doing long session chains with them joining in, and having them both in my party and starting sessions themselves. I know I've done well over 30+ altogether by this point, but I've never gotten an updated on how many I've done and Barry's still not outside the Uzume studio.

Make sure you're in the dungeon that looks like a Japanese castle. It's where Barry went when he was possessed by Draug.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

One more section, one more refight and then it's the final boss.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You'll get those in NG+ Season 2.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Wait is there actual NG+ stuff? Like, bonus bosses you can only fight in NG+?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm a little disappointed Bord and Cord weren't the bandit twins, but that was a fun encounter.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you absolutely have nothing else you can work on or a +1 weapon has a skill you want, like, say, an early way to get Pierce on Itsuki, then that's when you want to grind out +1 skills.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

That said, don't sweat party composition too much. I brought Itsuki, Kiria and Yashiro to the final boss and came out smelling like roses. Also, switching party members mid-fight is a free action so if you accidentally brought someone weak to the boss, don't sweat it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nope. A followup tweet made by that account says that digital sales will push the number up, but not by much.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

smh if you don't have him wear the DS2 hoodie at all times.

This. The bunny hoodie is really good and totally worth the 2bux!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Annath posted:

Wait, so this game is not only already out, but on the friggen WiiU instead of the 3DS or Vita or something? (inb4 lol Vita).

Man, that kind of snuck up on me.

I think they tried to do it on 3DS but couldn't because it was too much for the system to handle and because Nintendo's footing the bill for this, there's no chance in hell it'll be on Vita or PS4.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

So is any other Duo Art actually any better than Give Me, the first one I got? :v:

It's not great for extending sessions, but I really like Dream Catcher. It's straight Almighty damage and provides a really good heal afterward.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

alcharagia posted:

...yashiro was forced?

Yes. I mean, you're facing a copy of his carnage form, it's only fitting they'd force him in. Also I feel like there's a missed opportunity that Dark Yashiro wasn't actually Samto or something.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I spent 2 bux on the Atlus costume DLC specifically for Itsuki's DeSu2 costume and never looked back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think the only thing is a duo session between Itsuki and Tsubasa. You need to be a good enough friend to her throughout the game and you should unlock it once you accumulate enough points with her. Basically, do all of her sidequests and pick the positive options in dialogue when they relate to her and you should get it.

• Locked thread