Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Played two and a half hours, up 'till just before the concert I think

Combat system is excellent, the art direction is great, specially the use of colors, Barry Goodman is a Good Man, the red head guy owns, the boss is amazing and slightly uncomfortable with here LINE emojis and Tsubasa kinda sucks whenever she's not fainting about idols. Some bits are too anime for me, but honestly I get some enjoyment out of it (gently caress you, main guy, why the gently caress was "no" not an option when Tiki asked to call you onii-chan?!) and yeah, awesome game, the fights in particular were really satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

how much of the combat dialogue you understand without subs just from watching anime is the purest test of your character imo

None fully but I did understand the gist of a couple of them. :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

According to HLTB it's 53 hours main story plus extras, but that's according to one guy so far, so it'll take a while for a more solid answer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rexroom posted:

I was playing smoothly until I accidentally hit on one of those blue mirages and got my rear end handed to me. To make matters worse, I lost an hour of gameplay because I didn't save.

Don't be like me. Save your games often.

Oh poo poo, guess I'll start saving often, i figured it had an auto-save on top of saving everywhere.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I do feel like I'm missing out not knowing a single FE character other than Crom and Tharja

Same.

Got some ways past the mini-boss. It's been kinda annoying the back and forth to Tiki to get better weapons so my battles aren't kinda wasted on maxed out weapons, but otherwise it's been real fun. Got my first wipeout when I decided to try out my second Savage encounter while only having 1 SP and realized they were level 16 compared to my lvl 12 dudes, but that's been it, hard mode's been neat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Masqueraider Raiga.

I love this game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Start of chapter 2 is my definition of Too Anime

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, this quest for the Arena guy... Is going to take basically the entire game, huh? I like how the first two you get for him get you the guy who trades Detritus and some girl Mirage who makes you do the good ol' negotiation minigame. They fixed it since 4 tho, no longer can you get one cheat for free... I wonder what the other loving EIGHT he wants me to find will do.

Edit: Huh, you seem to get some random Performas if you successfully negotiate. Interesting.

Negotiations are in this game?! God I need a second copy to inject in my bloodstream.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Did the whole second proper dungeon in a sitting, that was way harder to navigate than it was supposed to be. Got a bunch of stuff unlocked and bought and fought the boss, didn't go that well but I fought off for quite a while at least, I think I'll get 'im tomorrow.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay I got an urgent waifu question: is there any choice for who Itsuki ends up with? haven't started chapter three but it seems like the game's pushing the Itsuki and Tsubasa together since they're both the mains and also childhood friends, but the dynamic with Kiria is far more interesting and cute, should I just give up hope of them together?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

God i hope the end of touma's questline is to bang the kid's mom :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

It sounds like you can make up for it by doing the side stories but you'll unlock it faster if you're actually nice to Tsubasa

I'll gladly do more sidequests to keep Itsuki's cold shoulder streak going.

I got super lucky just now, im at chapter three and opened the first gate you see in the dungeon when i decided to save, then i cross a bridge and two savages jump me, ended up dstroyed but with 0 progression lost. The best.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Looks like you need 30 points overall and there's a max of 50 so maybe don't be too tsun to your gal

dont worry, ive been nice to Kiria

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Took me a couple of tries but I beat the chapter 3 mini-boss, getting to the final damage loop with Itsuki, Tsubasa and Eleonora and doing purely super effective sessions was so satisfying. This game just feels great to play. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finished Chapter 4 and boy oh boy do I got sidequests to do, hope that by the time i'm done the sixth party member will have their Open Audition unlocked.

e: wait, hold up, if i read something right does that mean I unlock breaking the unbreakable walls at the start of chapter 5?? if that's right i'll probably start it up and then mess around with all the sidequests.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 30, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Does that mean I can open up Chapter 5 and go around doing all the sidequests and if any take me to a dungeon I can detour to the walls, break them, get whatever's in them and later on in the chapter someone will go "you need the thing in that dungeon, with your new power you might find it!" "oh it's in your pocket, good job!" ?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I think I spent about seven hours learning the meaning of friendship, love, meat buns and microwaves but now I have done every possible sidequest you can do by chapter 5 and any enemy that's not a boss or a savage just has to sit back and eat ten attacks in a row and die without any input from their part and I feel like a big strong man. Might also be close to the Chapter 5 boss i think? i stopped two of the energy beams (one while messing around with a Touuma sidequest and getting distracted)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

minusX posted:

Re Tiki: Just mash X.

You can just hold it (or was it y?) to basically skip all dialogue.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm on what seems to be the final stretch with a gauntlet going on it seems, looks like 2 more minibosses and a puzzle room between them and I enter the endgame. Had a blast with this game, hope they do more, heck maybe not even Fire Emblem, Atlus RPG #NintendoIP would be a good franchise. TMS #F0 would own.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Finally beat the game! Final boss is a bit of a health sponge and i botched myself at the first try when he was nearly dead, but the second attempt was extremely satisfying when I swapped out Kiria (who kept getting killed on my first attempt) for Mamori who just ate stuff no problem and stopped every energy drain Had a great time, but:

gently caress Itsuki! loving child hasn't finished High School and now he owns a talent agency?! an agency that has 7 extremely popular and profitable talents, one of which is a hollywood star that got a worldwide office hit! Itsuki doesn't know poo poo of how to handle this side of the business and he's given essentially a selfsustaining agency that'll make him infinite bucks while he fumbles around trying to figure it out. gently caress, man. I thought he was just gonna become a director or something, not just be handed a spot at the top of a career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It is an Atlus game also and they love doing sales for their 3DS output, but who knows at this point.

I got to the last dungeon before getting a bit bored of regular enemy encounters tho, so it was pretty well paced for me at least. That said, I didn't really use Strike A Pose that much until the final boss since it felt extra cheap.

• Locked thread