Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

orenronen posted:

Did it? I just played through that chapter a couple of weeks ago (in Japanese, of course), and it seemed to be a very straight take on gravure modeling. The entire point of the chapter was for Tsubasa to learn how to pose her body and make facial expressions to "capture the hearts" (or some such nonsense) of gravure consumers, which the game all but explicitly says really means making some middle aged men horny. This is presented as a good thing.

Gravure is perhaps the skeeviest part of Japanese idol culture and the only advantage I can think of for keeping it is to perhaps educate the western audience about that aspect of Japanese pop culture.

okay now i'm even more glad they changed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Having fun regardless though. What's Touma's Stickers supposed to be anyway? Maiko has the drunk rabbit thing and Tiki has herself but I can't figure out what I'm looking at with his.

a sentai hero

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't have a wiiu so I'm gonna use this thread as a proxy.

so how much is BARRY GOODMAN in this game out of 100%?

i'm in the third post-prologue dungeon and he hasn't had a lot of screentime yet.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so itsuki's got a skill that boosts sp gain if a session has more than two combo hits, but how do i make that happen?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Dunban posted:

Man, Illusory Shibuya is pretty confusing. So many branching paths, especially in the second half of the dungeon.

it looks worse than it really is; most of the branches either put you by an unavoidable camera or just funnel into the same areas anyway.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Silver Falcon posted:

Hell, I've never played a Persona either. I didn't know what SMT even was until SMTIV came around, and even then the only reason I checked it out was because of that eShop discount deal with Fire Emblem Awakening.

I haven't owned a Sony system since the PS2. It's been all Nintendo all the way down.

I just reached Chapter 2 myself. That's where the ~*censorship*~ happens, so I hear. Looking forward to not caring about it.

you should care, they replaced a boring bikini with one of the best outfits in the game.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
so hey, if anyone's wondering when you get the dual-attacks, the probably-first available one comes up from talking to maiko after yashiro joins the team. i've also gotten one from doing kiria's third side story and another from (i think) doing both touma's third and ellie's second.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i just got a dual-art for mamori and tiki. mortal hands were not meant to hold this much power.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
does anyone know how many chapters long this game is, because i'm about to start what seems like it might be the final dungeon.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

MrAristocrates posted:

I say this, but I don't like a lot of the redesigns

the worst offender by far is virion. sniper looks super bland compared to archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Eventually you unlock the ability to upgrade mastered weapons to a + version that has an extra 6th skill. They don't actually get any stronger so as far as I can tell this is only useful if you want to grind to get more powerful skills a bit earlier? I only did it once because I almost always have new weapons to work with.

they do get stronger.

• Locked thread