Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This game really looks like budget Persona to me. I kinda want to play it but $60 is really steep. Is there any chance that the price will drop or do Nintendo games just stay at full price? I don't have a lot of experience with the Wii or WiiU to know how Nintendo handles this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

The price is never going to drop, Wii U games are rarely discounted to begin with and this is too niche to be the target of a sale. Get it used, if anything.

It's really robust for a "budget" Persona, though. As mentioned above, the combat system can get repetitive towards the end, with your every attack chaining into half a dozen more, but it's got a ton of style, the script is on-point and it's got some of the most delightfully cheesy cutscenes I've ever seen.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It is an Atlus game also and they love doing sales for their 3DS output, but who knows at this point.

I got to the last dungeon before getting a bit bored of regular enemy encounters tho, so it was pretty well paced for me at least. That said, I didn't really use Strike A Pose that much until the final boss since it felt extra cheap.

I forgot about the recent Atlus sales so maybe I'll get lucky and it will show up on one of those. It's been a while since I went into Gamestop but their uses stuff seemed like it was always just $5 off.

• Locked thread