Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

whaley posted:

but think about the poor middle aged horny men... :/

Hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I've watched enough anime to get the gist of what was being said but the lack of battle subtitles is a really bad oversight.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If the battle stops to pop up a dialogue box for story reasons there's subtitles but otherwise no, and the characters talk a lot, mostly just standard 'Get him!' and 'Attack now!' stuff but sometimes it's more specific or they do like a little intro speech and none of that has subs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soundtrack is top loving tier

Also

Cake Attack posted:

you suck imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

So what I'm hearing is I should get this game?

It's good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barry Goodnan, guitarist for famous American band Megadeth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I think it's 'random' but set to average out over time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Load times seem a little on the long side but not too bad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Poison does insane damage if you can get it to stick and it even works on bosses.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

why is this taking an hour to install.

Nintendo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

I was playing smoothly until I accidentally hit on one of those blue mirages and got my rear end handed to me. To make matters worse, I lost an hour of gameplay because I didn't save.

Don't be like me. Save your games often.

That's the main reason I hate 'save anywhere' games with no auto-save. At least it warns you before bosses unlike some others I could mention.
That said I haven't died ever to the tough enemies yet but beating them at a lower level is almost entirely dependent on Tsubasa having her level 2 super move ready to go.

The Moon Monster posted:

It's a shame sidequests in SMT games are almost universally barebones and lame.

The main character sidequests are a bit more involved but even then can degenerate in to 'kill five of this enemy'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Normal so far feels about the same as a (PS2) Persona game, you're not in much danger from standard enemies but bosses and special encounters can still wreck you if you're not careful.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music won't get out of my head

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Inflammatory posted:

so itsuki's got a skill that boosts sp gain if a session has more than two combo hits, but how do i make that happen?

I was wondering that, I think it's badly worded and means more than two hits total, ie if the third person attacks as well. Unless there are later skills that let you chain more but it's weird that it's unlocked way before them unless I'm missing something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

what are the exact mechanics behind first strikes again? I feel like I don't always get one when I should

I think knocking them down just gives you a fairly high percentage chance of getting one not a guaranteed one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

You should always get one if you knock an enemy down with your sword and then walk into them.

It doesn't always unless it's possible to walk into them before they're fully in the 'down' position and not get one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunban posted:

Man, Illusory Shibuya is pretty confusing. So many branching paths, especially in the second half of the dungeon.

Yeah, I just found the third warp point and I think I missed a bunch of stuff between that and the second. At least if you just want to explore you can knock stuff down and avoid them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Funny I took this exact same screenshot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I do feel like I'm missing out not knowing a single FE character other than Crom and Tharja

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My main dude has been using a maxed weapon for ages now and the next tier weapon needs a performa that is all ????? so haven't encountered what I need at all.
Everyone else has like least one unmaxed one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The chapter 2 boss was hard work.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah they're easy to avoid and see where they're pointing unlike a certain other recentish game with the same dungeon mechanic *cough*Zestiria*cough*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't know where to get Maca Leaves because for some bizarre reason they gave enemies item drops in this game but decided not to actually list anything but the Performa

I'm just going to hope I find two more sometime since supposedly quests don't expire

It has a couple of weird oversights like that, as far as I can see there's no why of telling what requests you've got active either, other than the marker over the givers head, or the requirements.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anything turn based is automatically old fashioned now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:negative:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It sort of didn't, apart from the occasional Galactic Punt, the Sessions are a more automated version of the press turn system it used though, where you'd get extra attacks for hitting weaknesses.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, there are character sidequests and stuff to do but unlocking them is based only on story progression and stage level.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've only died once on Normal but it probably would have been five or six times without Tsubasa's level 2 special bailing me out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

hmm

for those who've beaten the game, is this a pick a party and stick with it game, or is it the kind of game where you get enough out of diversification to make it worth rotating

I've been treating it like FFX and keeping everyone mostly at the same level, it's pretty easy since you can rotate anyone other than the MC out at any time for no cost and everyone gets full exp if they do something.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it seems good about stuff like that at least, I've noticed that when you equip a new weapon you always get enough weapon exp for the first skill after just one battle as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't think the WiiU was hacked that wide open

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't see the point you can just look up the uncensored version online if you want.

Also I hear there's are lots of pictures of girls in bikinis or even less on the internet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TMS designs just look like 3D anime, Star Ocean 5 designs look like a real person wearing one of those anime girl costumes with the giant fake head.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

About 24, on Normal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can you actually get skills back once you've overwritten them?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's never a good plan, apart from that one Chrono Trigger boss that punishes you for taking out the adds first instead of the opposite like all the other bosses.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can some people seriously not stand to hear a language they can't understand?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do you ever get a skill that makes buffs and debuffs last more than three rounds? Sometimes by the time I've finished applying all the ones I want the ones I started with are running out. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least there still Persona 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oniichan

• Locked thread