Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I pre-ordered this a month ago from Amazon UK and they only posted it today. :argh: I've had it posted to work also, and I'm off work on Monday (when it's supposed to arrive).

I would have gotten it locally but it looked like only GameStop had it, and were charging €80 for it (the regular edition). I just checked now and it's showing as "reduced" from €80 to €60, so I may just grab it on the way home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I finished the Chapter 1 dungeon last night, the boss killed me a couple of times but I got it eventually. I'd been hoping that Horseslayer would be effective against her and the henchmen, but it wasn't against any of them. :argh:

I'm loving it so far. It's not without its faults (auto-save option would be nice, as would a setting to permanently set the dialogue to auto play), but it's just a lot of fun. The subs work quite well, I actually like not really knowing what the characters are saying during battles. The Session system is great, it's a really interesting alternative to the Press Turn system from SMT/Persona. I like the little FE references like jingles and that.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Is there any way of telling how close someone is to levelling up their Stage Rank? I want to get Touma up to Lv 3 and I've been finishing off fights with him but no luck so far.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo the mid-boss of Chapter 2 does not gently caress around.

As soon as the fight loaded I saw the Snipers and thought "Oh, Tsubasa is hosed". So of course her turn was way after them. I got party wiped in 2 rounds.

I think I'm a bit lower level for it. I've been running away from Savage enemies which maybe I shouldn't do. I might go do some side stories or something before tackling this.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I meant too low in level for the mid-boss. I'm only Lv 16-17, the enemies are around 20.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Hello weekend, time to play some Sharp FE

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Holy poo poo I got this game at launch, played to the Chapter 2 mid-boss, then didn't touch it for nearly 2 months. :( I picked it back up last weekend and am now on Chapter 3, I spent ages in the Ch 2 Intermission just doing Side Quests.

Ellie seems so bad right now because nobody can session off her arrow attacks yet.

I love the combat system, I think it has some strengths compared to Press Turn, but it's quite similar in that if you don't exploit weaknesses and session enemies to death, they will definitely do it to you. I'd love another game in this style - just pick some other FE characters in each game and run with it as a new spinoff.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Tsubasa=Waifu

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I got to the mid-Chapter 3 boss fight last night and...did not do well. It's annoying fighting a boss who can trigger Sessions against the one party member who you can't swap out. :argh: I did go in somewhat unprepared, though.

Is Horseslayer effective against that boss?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

What do you mean by "budget Persona"? It's got a mix of some SMT/Persona and Fire Emblem mechanics, but includes its own new ones also to make it its own beast. The setting is closer to Persona than SMT but it doesn't have Social Links or anything.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It should be mentioned that you can completely skip combat most of the time if you're finding it repetitive. You can attack enemies in the dungeon like in Persona, but simply hitting them doesn't enter combat automatically. You can just stab them and continue on your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I picked up this game again over the weekend after not having had much time to play it recently. I'm in the middle of Chapter 3, my last play session I'd actually had my rear end handed to me by the Pegasus Knight mid-boss. It's kind of frustrating because 2 of your party are Weak to the Axe-wielding Red Barbarians, while Ellie is just weak to everything. :sigh: I think I just brought in Ellie and Kiria and fought a bit smarter (cast Sleep on them and focused on removing their ability to Session you to death) and got through it handily enough. When the reinforcements arrived I just focused on killing the boss since she was almost dead anyway.

I've gone back to look at my Carnage options, and there were a few that I've missed. Apparently one for Touma which I maybe just didn't have enough 2-Star Prestige for. I'm also missing an Abyss Force for it, so I went to Illusory Shibuya to get both. I sort of like the Carnage creation system, but it's a little frustrating if you're missing something like that. I've fought a bunch of enemies in the area where the Abyss is supposed to show up, but I don't know if they're rare or what but I still haven't encountered one. Also the game keeps spawning Savage encounters at me, which is kind of annoying.

• Locked thread