Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I ordered this game awhile ago since the Japanese version got good buzz and I love Atlus RPGs. I'm surprised how good the reviews for this game have been, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sam Faust posted:

I'm gonna do it. I will buy the anime game. Wish me luck.

You're a fool, you'll never make it!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

There's no way to get subtitles for all the random battle chatter is there? Do I just need to watch more anime?

Lord Ephraim posted:

Finished chapter 2. Great game but some of the minor side missions are just npc hunting with no marker. If the rewards are like Persona 4's bland request missions I'm just going to skip them.

My biggest gripe is forced gamepad usage. There's plenty of unused buttons that can bring up a map or twitter messages. If you're not going to have off TV play then I should be able to play the game with the gamepad off.

It's a shame sidequests in SMT games are almost universally barebones and lame.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CrashCat posted:

Yeah there really is no shortage of that, if this is the 'toned down' version then lol

I tried searching for something that listed the differences, but all I could find was youtube videos. They all start with poo poo like VIDEOGAMES:siren:CENSORED:siren: and then I cringe so hard I pass out and when I wake up the video is over.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Argh, where the hell do I find Ellie for our bogus magazine reading date? I've looked every outside of the idolaspheres.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

She's in the Hee-Ho Mart.

Who reads magazines in a convenience store? It's not a library!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tsurugi: I'll try this :airquote:friendship:airquote: of yours.

:stare:

Dude needs to learn that pokemon are more than just tools...

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 2, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Do weapons ever get more than 5 skills?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Eventually you unlock the ability to upgrade mastered weapons to a + version that has an extra 6th skill. They don't actually get any stronger so as far as I can tell this is only useful if you want to grind to get more powerful skills a bit earlier? I only did it once because I almost always have new weapons to work with.

I think the mechanic you're talking about takes them from 4 to 5 skills.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I think you can get some unique skills by doing so. It's worth going down the list and seeing if any of the 5th skills are of interest, at any rate.

Some of them are really nice. big name skills like amrita and aether seem to usually be 5th skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

how many macca converters do I need

Each of the 7 characters has one macca converter weapon. So you'd need 7 to make each weapon, and another 7 to upgrade them and unlock the 5th skill.

• Locked thread