Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
It kind of sucks since last season was perfect in every way, it can only go downhill from here. I mean, the GREENGOLDS could repeat, and the roughriders could only win 2 or less games this season, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Llyr posted:

Hello. It's me, the one Stamps fan on the forums.

No, a bunch of us still like Fred. He's cool and I hope he signs somewhere.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Hey Greengolds. I love you. You'd never hurt me right? What's that, you ARE sorry for the Ray trade? Awww I knew you didn't mean it, it's OK! I forgive you! Just never hurt me again, ok? Greengolds forever. :)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I'm not a doctor but that sounds like everything. In all seriousness, what's holding on that leg? Skin?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am the token Rouge et noir guy.

Also riders. They are my Dad's team. Wish upon bad things to laugh at him or wish good things for him?

Wish good things for your Dad, and bad things to laugh about for the Riders.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

AfterFather posted:

Are the Edmonton Eskimos anygood? Thinking about following them because they have noted cool QB's Jordan Lynch and James Franklin on their roster. Montreal also looks like a decent team to follow as well even though they unleash Marc Trestman on the NFL.

They are the reigning champions, fun to watch, and totally didn't gut their defense immediately after winning the cup. Those QBs you mentioned are pretty cool, but they are backups. I'd say over 25% of all posts in CFL threads are by the same three Esk fans so you'd be in good company. Edmonton still has a great offense, so if you want to see 70+ points scored in a game between two teams, watch the GREENGOLDS.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

ulmont posted:

...halfway through the third quarter, 10-13.

It's Edmonton's MO to be losing badly at the half or even the third, then put up like 20+ points in the 4th.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

This will be incredible if only for the bit when they inevitably do a recap on the TSN broadcast during the game. Those dudes won't have a clue what the teleprompter will be making them say. I want to hear Matt Dunigan's thoughts (limited as they are) on Pokemon Go and I know you all do too.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Remember how the redblacks won the Grey Cup last year? Good times.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Game's been on for 2 hours, where's my GDT Drunk Canuck? On Milt Stegall night? For shame! :colbert:

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I tried reading that until the stupidity in it hurt my brain, but he seems to be implying that the Roughriders should be allowed to do cheaty things because they have the highest attendance in the CFL, and because the penalty they did get (apparently the max allowed) was just a slap on the wrist. So who cares, right? Let them cheat however they want! Let management tamper with other teams coaches because if you're not cheating you're not trying. We're the roughriders bitch.

That was the jist of it, right?

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Drunk Canuck posted:

*ahem*

gently caress :suicide:

Steven Jyles, paging Steven Jyles to the Argonauts. A Ricky Ray sized hole has appeared, and you are clearly the man to fill it!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Edmonton...has zero professional sports teams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
CFL overtime rules sure are awesome. I really like that our overtime rules are fair and balanced. :) When a CFL team loses in overtime, they don't say "man, I wish we won that 50/50 coin toss".

Just felt like posting that.

lol NFL

• Locked thread